Psilocybin Cures Depression In Terminal Patients

Discussion in 'Front Page Stories' started by skip, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Gillc46

Gillc46 Members

well that is interesting to me as a victim or Bipolar 2 disorder. Only of late have i been taking holistic Lithium orotate not lithium carbonate the drug prescribed by Gp's which has bad side effects etc.
    Maybe it wouldnt work for terminal patients, it amazing if it helps them for such a long time. This orotate works well only a small dose 5mg or as needed a day but you have to keep taking it like other meds I have ( which I should be coming off due to the above) now i am wondering if this drug you mention would do anything for the likes of me.

2. Gillc46

Gillc46 Members

well that is interesting to me as a victim or Bipolar 2 disorder. Only of late have i been taking holistic Lithium orotate not lithium carbonate the drug prescribed by Gp's which has bad side effects etc.
    Maybe it wouldnt work for terminal patients, it amazing if it helps them for such a long time. This orotate works well only a small dose 5mg or as needed a day but you have to keep taking it like other meds I have ( which I should be coming off due to the above) now i am wondering if this drug you mention would do anything for the likes of me.

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

As far as I know the treatment is still in the study stage and not widely available. There's also research into using ketamine to treat some kinds of depression, with very promising results, again, as yet in the study stage.

4. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Bipolar, eh?

May I inquire as to when you were DX'd with Bipolar II? At what age?

And....did you ever have any true manic episodes before DX? As in days without sleep? Delusions of grandeur? Profligate money spending? Things of that nature? As a student of Psychology..and a brother of a Bipolar sister, I am curious.

Bipolar is a special interest of mine. I was once mis-diagnosed with it. (more on that later if you like). I did a lot of special-emphasis study on it (and it's amazingly ubiquitous DXing in America over the past decade or so) as a post-grad Psych major.

Thanks for your time, sir.

C

5. Kronikism

Kronikism Newbie

Start with a gram and have a sitter ,do them somewhere you always feel safe and have things on hand you like, art, music you won't have a bad time, I started eating shrooms at 13 and have been doing them regularly ever since, do alot of research, erowid .com is a must read resource, and if anybody thinks you can take too much,I've eaten 18 grams got high for two days but I was fine,I have severe ptsd,eat them 1 to 3 times a month they do help haven't been on pills for over 10 years,happy and healthy peace

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Mushrooms are nice, but LSD cured me from being an asshole drunk the first time I took it. Quit for 20 years and found out years later that I could have a couple a' beers and stop, whereas I could not stop before.

7. Kronikism

Kronikism Newbie

Yeah mushrooms and lsd helped my dad curb his drinking too, doesnt get fall down drunk if i dose him once a month

scratcho likes this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Of course, the other 50,60 times I took it was just to verify.

Varmint, Tyrsonswood and Kronikism like this.
  9. Silver Tabby

Silver Tabby Members

Ooops - deleted!

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Most people who say that they have 'depression' are those who really just have a negative image of the world and themselves especially. It's all a mindset game.

So yes, having fried plenty of times myself, I can totally see how a good mushroom trip can totally alter a person's perception of the world for the better. A good mushroom trip allows people to have epiphanies and realize the value in life. People got mad at me when I said depression doesn't exist, but it can exist if you allow it to. But when you have such a deeply toxic mindset, it can be difficult to snap out of it. I would recommend 'shrooms over psychotropics any day.

11. Varmint

Varmint Member

I've heard that depression is nothing more than anger without the enthusiasm. Gotta' wonder who came up with that one.

As for eating a mushroom; such things would be far easier if folks were a bit more adept at identifying the correct ones. The wrong ones can really ruin the crap out of your day.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  12. Mike909

Mike909 Members

"Most" people. So what about those other people, are they actually legitimately depressed, according to your expert analysis?

13. 6-eyed shaman

I’m just going off the data showing how many people who take anti depressants never met the criteria Study: 69% of Patients on Antidepressants Are Not Clinically Depressed

As for me, I’m under the mindset that depression will only exist if you allow it to.

14. 6-eyed shaman

I can understand feeling sad or traumatized after a terrible event. But eventually, the victim will have to find a way out of it or they will suffer forever.

I've been around plenty of people who say they're depressed. Most of the time they are lacking motivation to better themselves. Someone once told me that depression is anger without motivation; I agree. They lack the willpower to take action and make things better. Very often depressed people tried to bring me down to their level by sharing their misery. Misery loves company. Most of the successful people I've met in my life are people of action, and I've learned lots just by hanging out with successful people. They've had horrible things and trauma happen to them as well. But they didn't let depression consume them.

15. Post marked for inappropriate use of semicolon.

16. Mike909

Mike909 Members

I'd just suggest that just because you are unable to understand something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is old, but I think that's a Really practical application of psychedelic medicine. Good on them! :)

18. Varmint

Varmint Member

And where, might I ask, is this mystical place where you can buy it over the counter? I'm sure a ton of people would like that!

19. Varmint

Varmint Member

now THAT is funny!

scratcho likes this.
  20. deleted

deleted Visitor