Psilocybe graveolens Peck

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by NickWhat, Apr 27, 2007.

1. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

I read that this mushroom can be found growing Wild in NJ. Does anyone know where they are found, whether on dung or grassy fields? Or possibly wood or logs?

I realize picking wild can be dangerous, but knowing what enviroments they grow in can narrow down a lot of other poisonous mushrooms, and of course i'll be on the look out for poisonous ones that grow in the same enviroment, as well.

2. UsefulIdiot

UsefulIdiot Member

From what I heard this shroom is very rare in NJ...

3. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Are there any other shrooms I should know about? :p

4. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

You got to watch out with wild shrooms. There are so many poisonious mushrooms out there that look just like shrooms. picking up the wrong one might be your last mistake ? So be careful

5. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Which I stated in my first post... I didn't realize that this forum had echoes.

6. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

What You did not state in your first post and all I was trying to do was help you is that Alot of Mushromms look just like Shrooms that are not , You said you know there are poisonous ones but you made no mention that you know they look just like shrooms ? And it has nothing do do with what they grow on it has to do with if fungus is present or not and how moist and humid the area is, Shrooms can gow on anything somethings just produce Fungus better then others ? So you are more likly to find them where that object might be.