Prove to me the bible is real...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Amanda N, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Faith with proof is no longer faith, its sheephearding..faith with belief and knoledge is the stongest thing that can come to the human race...

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

you're stupid

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

well he sure told you. dont worry though, Burbot, cuz even if you are stupid, (which your not), you are a nice guy, and that is way more important.

I dont remember you posting 'you're stupid' to anyone as a complete msg., you always are very respectful and kind.

4. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

thanks BG13..btw-i dont see how it is stupid...faith is the trust and knoeledge in something that you yourself cannot prove...like, although there is much evidence for Jesus living and dying on the cross, ther will not be "proof" as you wish to call it until He returns [but i don't beleive He wil cause i don't swing that way]

5. BlackGuardXIII

I would say lack of faith is more likely to be stupid. Faith can save your life.

6. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

sometimes lack of faith evolves from faith and having it let you down cause of man's expectations put on God...

thanks again faor always stciking up for me...i feel like your my forum big brother, but not in the Orwellian way :p

7. BlackGuardXIII

My view is that whatever happens, I'll accept it, but at the same time will hold a deep faith that things will go my way.

8. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I LOVE how people throw around the words, "Blind Faith". I think it is the most laughable piece of the misunderstanding puzzle. No one who truly believes in Christ, does so because a preacher told them to. Christ's followers believe because they have experienced him. It is very sad to see the labeling of others and the assumption of knowing what is in their heart and heads. You believe that because someone told them about Jesus Christ, they cling on said person's every word. Blind belief in something you do not understand is pointless. God does not rule from a golden throne and command us to believe in him without any knowledge of his being. He does not merely sit up in Heaven and say, "Horrible things continue to happen in your life, but my dear child, keep the faith."

Until you experience conviction, you will not be moved by even the most hard core piece of historical/scientific evidence. JesusDiedForU and his father, Campbell, can give you literal facts such as: (and you can always check out Campbell's site at: http://r-campbell34.tripod.com/proof/ )

Though it does not explain with scientific jargon of today (keep in mind the time frame within which the Bible was written), it does explain what scientists themselves have come to know, through many theories, tests, and the gathering of data. The good Lord himself said the earth was round, yet, people still believed it was flat. Then scientific data was conducted to prove it was round.

Case in point, you can sit behind your computer screen and think that it is fine and dandy, but until you experience the Lord himself, nothing anyone says will sway your mind. Asking someone to give you hardcore evidence is pretty futile.

9. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

The Jesus of the Bible is spoken of in other historical books and writings which mirror the scriptures. Some of the writings come from men who hated Jesus, yet even in their hate, they reveal the truth of His existance. The prophecies of the Old Testament proclaim His coming hundreds of years before He was born, and state that He would be rejected by His own people. The truth of the Bible will be found in it's fulfilled prophecies. Hundreds of them, and with 100% accuracy. The proof is their Amanda, if your really interested.

10. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

Blackguard, I think you explained what I was trying to say a lot better. I'm not too good with words sometimes! But you definately said how I feel and I meant more what you said than the babble that came from me.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

so, ancient teachings from other faiths don't apply to modern times? old fables, campbell's study of ancient greek myths, old books that were once meaningful to people are no longer valid because...what...they're old? i'm not big on quoting scripture at non-believers, i never saw the point. you're not going to change anyone's mind. but then, i'm not the sort who would walk into a hindu or buddhist temple somewhere and start screaching at people that they have to prove their religion to me. it's not a chemistry set, it's a spirit.

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, you know, einstein had FAITH in his theory of relativity long before he figured it out... without faith that there is more out there to understand, there is no science.

13. substance

substance Member

That's awesome. I have this theory that I can fly through the air and breathe underwater and eat rusty nails. Now I'm just looking for some evidence to back it up.

14. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

Everything starts with a theory... the diffrence here is that I'm willing to do the leg work to prove or (should I find out to the contry) disprove my theory.

I'm not asking people to accept what I say on blind faith, i'm actully willing to find the evidence.. i just haven't got there yet..

(btw, let me know how you get on with that rusty nail thing)

15. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

it's in every church. that's about it

16. substance

substance Member

Hi, Amanda. My point was that you, yourself have faith in that theory. If there was a bunch of evidence that sort of came together and that theory was the logical conclusion, then I would have much more respect for it, but it doesn't seem logical to me to come up with an idea and then go looking for support that backs it up. Should be the other way around, and after that you go looking for further evidence that proves or disproves your theory. Perhaps you could share with me some of your sources that led you to your conclusion?

17. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

No i don't.. it's just an idea.. I'm not sure where the idea came from (although i think i remember watching a TV show on the discovery channel one time, and it was talking about the "real" jesus, i'm sure i would have got it from that).

I personally have no strong views on jesus at all myself, other than the fact he's not the son of god, seeing as I don't believe in god... Even if they prove that "jesus" was jesus, it's still down to your own personal speculation as to if he's the son of god or not... so it changes nothing.

18. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

ummmm substance, both scientific methods for study are perfectly acceptable...just so you know....

maybe Amanda did make an observation then was like, "wow, this is what i beelive" and now she is searching for stuff to back her up...

what evidence to back up Galileo's theory was there, he had the exsct same stuff as the church, but they still thought earth was the center [of the universe]...ya, i really dont know wahts being discussed anymore...

19. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

Well Amanda if you ignore the prophecies you are telling me you don't want to know the truth. I'm sure you don't want to believe in God so it is important that you ingore those prophecies Amanda. You say you have no strong views about Jesus and then you say other than the fact He is not the Son of God. And you say it is a fact that He is not the Son of God? What facts are you talking about? I'm the only one talking about facts, all I here from you is babble. So Amanda, what facts are you talking about? I'm one of those Born Again Christians that don't know anything, so put me in my place, lets hear your facts I'm waiting.

20. juggla

juggla Member

the prophesies are vague and can be applied to any event, back in the revivals of the 1800's they 'knew' the second coming would come in there life time. Also you cant prove the bible useing the bible that goes against all logic, i could do the same with the koran, or other religious text. What facts prove hes the son of god?, you cant use the bible to prove the bible. Born agains, are just one of the splintered factions of christianity, how can you prove yours is right, i mean catholics can trace there beginnings back to st. peter, you can trace yours to what some tele-evangelist or if your lucky the 1800's. But of course you right, you belong to the right religion and right denomination and anyone who thinks differently is wrong, exuse me ill pass on that elitist bullshit.