Prove to me the bible is real...

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Amanda N, Jan 18, 2005.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

If the reality of the Bible could be proven it would remove the need for faith perhaps, because it's not required to have faith to believe in what is 'proven fact'.

Either you accept the Bible at whatever level or not. It can't be proven or dispoven as true.

2. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

In the book of Ezekiel chapters 36,37,38,and 39, the Bible speaks of the last days on earth. Their is much more about the last days that will be found in other books of the Bible. But the Bible in these chapters indicates that one of the signs we would see before Christ returns to this world, would be the return of the Jews to the land of Israel. The Bible states that not only would the returning Jews take South Israel back, but they would also retake Jerusalem. The Bible states that Israel would be the focus of world attention. In these chapters it explains what will happen in Israel in out future. The Jews are not back in Israel by accident, it's part of Gods bigger plan. If you are interested in the truth, you might try reading these four chapters. God is going to work wonders that mens minds have never thought. We are soon going to enter the third day of God. I might add, that the prophecies of Jesus Christ first coming will also be found in the old Testament, and when Christ died on the cross He fulfilled almost 300 of the Old Testament prophecies. Even the very amount of money Jesus was betrayed for is found in the Old Testament. 30 pieces of silver. His birth, His Resurrection, His ministry, His rejection by His own people. It's all there, and it was written hundreds of years be fore Christ was born. Yet the four chapters I asked you to read, deals with the day we find ourselves in. The future of the world is recorded in the Bible, and it is happening now.

3. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

Proof isn't what you need...its faith. God is wanting you to come to him so give him a try. He'll never turn his back from you...like you do him. We all do sometime or another. But Jesus wants you to come to him...and then you'll see your "proof".

You know I used to be an unbeliever and I thought that the Bible was a farse, I'm serious. But when I finally let Jesus in my life and began to make changes...Christ showed me the realness of his word. THe transformation is real. NOthing can compare to the change and the feeling of faith and the sensation of being saved. So when you ask me the question what if....I ask you have you prayed to Jesus...and if you would ask him and he'll tell you all you need to know.

Take care,

S/M

4. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

That's all very well, but I don't agree with what jesus said (or that he even existed).. I'm too scientific to take it on face value alone.

Hey, guess what, GW Bush had faith that Iraq had WMD, now, two years down the road, we've not found any... I'm sorry, but faith is not enough.

5. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

what do you mean with this???
    "Thing is that I've heard about you and what you do.. so I'm a bit cautious to respond to anything you say..."

Whatever you're reason it's it's not a reason not to take look at something, is it?

6. BlackBillBlake

Did he really? Can you prove that ? I doubt it very much, unless you are a member of GWB's inner circle.

It would seem that faith is actually needed for just about everything - if not faith in God, then at least faith in oneself.

7. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

I didn't say that I'm not going to look into it, I was looking at it just a moment ago in fact..

What I'm saying is that I don't like the way that huck fights his battles, and so I'm not going to be drawn into a direct confrontation with him. I didn't say that I was going to ignore his links tho...

I just need a bit of time to give them the attention they diserve, check on references, etc... before I reply to them.

8. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

I have faith, faith in myself and my abilities. It's not that type of faith I'm talking about though.. I'm talking about the people who blindly believe something that someone tells them, without finding out for themselves...

"How do I know the bible is real, father?"
    "Your faith should be the only proof you need."

I mean - WTF!!!

9. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

you really don't beleive Jesus existed? I mean I don't expect you to beleive he was the son of God, but there is proof he existed as a person.

anyway I just thought i'd tell you I responded because I felt that you placed an unfair judgement against all Christians.

and part of Christianity IS faith. That's what I like about it. The fact that at the end of the day I can pray and I feel heard. maybe I'm not but it feels better to think I am than to question it all the time.

For the record I've nver put any faith in GW Bush!

10. BlackBillBlake

So why do you believe Bush & co when they say they believed Iraq had WMD?

11. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

There is proof that a person called jesus existed... but that's it. How do we know that it's not someone else called jesus? So far as I understand it, there is no direct evidence linking that jesus person with anything the bible says about him.

I personally believe that maybe there was someone called jesus.. and maybe it's the jesus of the new testament.. but I don't believe that even he himself thought he was the son of god.. he was just in the right place at the right time to be manulupated(sp) and and held an example. That's just a theory however... i'm still looking for the proof to back it up (i'm not asking people to blindly follow what I tell them).

12. Amanda N

Amanda N Member

You're missing the point.. the point is that faith in something without valid proof is dangerous... there are people out there right now that believe that god has spoken to them, and that he's told them to go around killing everyone...

13. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I could see that. I don't beleive it but yeah, there's no proof that he was a miracle worker or the Son of God.

I guess I like a little mystery. I don't find myself superior enough to know the answers of the world.

Let me ask you this. Say that you don't have a beleif one way or the other. ok? So what if I say if God could just give us proof, there's no reason to doubt him and we'd all come to him like sheep right? if there was solid proof that Jesus was our savior and there is a heaven and hell and all that- you would worship him if there was hard cold evidence right?

If so then that's why God doesn't have solid proof. He wants us to have enough faith in him and love him enough to CHOOSE him. He could program us all into loving anf following him, but it wouldn't mean as much.

that's just why I think there's no real proof. there is a bunch of proof that the bible is real, and one time I was told a BUNCH of reasons for beleiving the Jesus of Nazereth was the Son of God, but I can't remember. :)

14. BlackBillBlake

Whilst others who don't believe God has spoken to them do exactly the same. And in fact, I doubt very much that those 'with their fingers on the trigger' believe God has spoken to them personally.

I wonder though if you do believe that Bush actually believed in WMD?

Also, the Bible doesn't tell people to go around killing each other, despite the acts of so-called christians like GWB.

15. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I take a slightly different view. With proof of God's existence, our free will to choose our own path becomes moot. There would be no point in this whole experience. We are given the gift of free will, to believe in God, to admit we don't know, to believe there is no God. We are blessed with the freedom to make mistakes. If we were not, we would have nothing to spark our zest for life. If I knew everything, I'd be bored to tears. I am so glad that at 40, I am still totally befuddled by this mystery called life. I hope I still am when my heart beats its last beat. I feel it keeps me young, in awe of all this beautiful chaos.

16. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

What exactly have you heard, and from whom???????????

17. BlackGuardXIII

It's a trap, don't tell him. I used to watch the Huck Finn tv show every Saturday morning, and Huck was a wiley character, and always up to some kind of mischief. Becky Thatcher, though, she was a hottie, I still think she's hot.

18. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you trying to blow my cover?

19. BlackGuardXIII

Big Jim put me up to it. He said you never let him steer the raft.....he was very hurt by that. And I am still hoping to get with Becky, and Jim said this'll up my odds.

I am going to meet her at this cool cave just north of the beach at Lincoln City. It is out on the point, over the dune, and you have to hop a fence. Inside you are on a shelf maybe 10' above the ocean which is crashing in from two sides. It's pretty scary sounding when the waves echo in the cave, like a big boom.

I think she's sweet on me.

20. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

dude, who cares what someone else belives? If it isn't the word of god, would it change your life any? You gotta start worrying about yourself more than what other peoples beliefs are.