Protesting is ineffective

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Nitrousx.vr.2, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Nitrousx.vr.2

Nitrousx.vr.2 Banned

You must use violence to get your point across

2. illumincoalitional

illumincoalitional Member

I also agree, the age of protesting with signs & peace is over, bowing down to plastic politicians went out the window, it's time to demand by force. If it's homegrown terror so be it, lets get organized. I wana live just as good as the rich..

3. Action Lad

Action Lad Member

Violence may bring results faster, but its also more risky and its results aren't always guaranteed.

If you use violence, it will be effortless for the media and your enemies to label you as terrorists. That will quickly strain your cause, and even turn the sheeple you try to bring to your cause against you. Also, there are the plethora of agencies and private armies your enemies will use against you. THey may not be as super compotent as they lead themselves, but they are still numerous and sophisticated.

You can try using it, but dont expect it to be easy. Compared to modern technology and man power, the american revolution seems like child play compared to a violent rebelion today.

Dont know about you, but ill stick with my signs, and go further and actually live and act for the change i want to see in this world.

Just looking out for ya, id hate to see some passionate people who want to better the world get gunned down before they could do anything effective.

4. jaren420

jaren420 Member

fuckin rights

5. rastapasta

rastapasta Member

i am of the opinion that both protesting and violence are ineffective. but of course that depends soley on what your goals are. if you just "wanna live like the rich" then i would suggest violence and protests would get you nowhere, trying to get rich might get you there. if instead you are tired of oppression, then the answer lies within yourself, not in outward acts. you simply find a frame of mind where the oppresion does not affect you, and go about your life.

6. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

I'm seriously starting to hate the word 'protest' because in my country lately pretest has just been an excuse for riots, killing, destroying one beautiful city and expressing all the repressed anger which has nothing to do with the actual reason for protesting....
    If you don't know what I'm talking about, just turn on the CNN....

7. DancingBears64

DancingBears64 Member

If you use violence you will become EXACTLY what the man wants you to become..

8. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Protesting is not ineffective, only the techniques are.

You actually have much more power to change the world by being in the streets than you do at the voting polls.

The media can work for or against you. You need to understand how to get people's attention without being a foamy mouthed radical.

Aside from people like Cindy Sheehan, this country has lost it's nerve about standing up to the government.

They need to be reminded who works for who and the best way to do that is appear en masse at their doorstep. If you need to shake your fist in the air for emphasis, do so. It's YOUR right.

Use it or lose it.

x

9. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

why violence?

it probably makes you no better than what you are protesting.

10. fireantD1984

fireantD1984 Member

Violence is not the answer. Thats what im against.

11. peacebaby17

peacebaby17 Member

I'm with you.

12. liberer

liberer Member

how can you try and get a message of peace using violence?
    how can you try and get a message of peace across by using the opposite of peace, using what you do not stand for..
    you will be labeled as a hypocrite - because that is what you are if you do so.
    you aren't TEACHING or SHOWING them the way of peace by using violent 'solutions'
    .. you are merely doing what they are already doing
    .. which is evident that, it doesn't bring peace any bit closer.
    you will just be doing what they are doing..
    your 'reaction' isn't any different to theirs.

it is the reason why we are protesting.

violence is what we are against.

13. Fischanado

Fischanado Member

What protesters need is good slogans! :)

14. oOo_Yarrow_oOo

oOo_Yarrow_oOo Member

Violence IS a form of protest. You are confusing "protest" with "picketing."

Is violence necessary? Highly arguable. First, what is "violence?" When I say "violence" I do not include things like property destruction (particularly when it is to prevent violence) or self-defense. "Violence" carries connotations of meaningless slaughter, which is what we're against.

15. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

The ONLY way to win hearts and minds is to SET THE PROPER EXAMPLE. Be well educated in your subject, be up front, be brave, be honest, and keep your honor. That in itself is a protest, because most folks can do none of the above.

16. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

Protesting doesn't work because the people in power don't have to listen and the citizens are too apathetic. Violence doesn't work because the government will just kill you to make an example.

The only thing that works is dialogue and debate. It brings an intelligent quality to your arguement, and it includes both sides. And not with those idiots they bus in to be counterprotesters, but with the people. A person needs to see both sides for what they are, rather than have two people scream in their face. That leads to apathy.

17. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

I wait for a world where wars are won by a debate, not bullets.

18. stalk

stalk Banned

without court rooms and judges...

19. Javi

Javi Member

How do you spect to have peace using violence? violence brings violence! You must protest to make that people realize that WE can change it! And then, of course, it is good to dialogue and debate... but the first step is to protest peacefully...

...I think I have some english mistakes :S ...

20. lildreadymama

lildreadymama Member

this thread is moronic. its funny how you can hope for any future while still using violence of any kind?i protest against the war."Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    -- Margaret Mead