Protest The Outrageous Price of Gas!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Spidey, May 10, 2004.

1. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

I pay 2.19/9 here. It doesn't matter. I drive an SUV anyway so the gas kills me either way.

2. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

There isn't a debate on this issue,the price of gas is fucking insane.The ones it is hurting most is us working stiffs,as usual.Bitching and complaining isn't getting a damn thing done about it.It would be easier to piss gas,than to get a massive gas boycott in action.I live out in the country so having to rely on gas is a given.I have to drive in order to make a living,which is now reduced because of the amount of gas I have to buy in a week.

Until we remove the theiving bastards,the oil powers,from Washington there will be falling of gas prices.Fire the whole lot of worthless fuckers in Washington and hopefully change will follow.
    Hey it's alright to dream isn't it? Until the people of this country start demanding our elected officals take responsibility for this bullshit,then change will never occur.

3. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

it's called the bus. use it. if that's too expensive, try a bike. it's my only way of getting around in a month (when i move). if i can do it, you can too.

4. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

when I was talking about a boycott you can get containers fill with gas and for one whole day don't go to the pump and maybe it will hurt then and they will know that the price of gas is really bothering you if you keep going back even though you don't like the price you are letting them have there way

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I'm all for it.

There's a whole bunch of fat asses in America; either you pay for it or get some exercise and ride the bus or train...or walk.

Keep raising it!!

6. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

LOL good one man

7. tuesdayafternoon

tuesdayafternoon Member

black man, white man, rip the system!

8. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

You know those huge monstrosities that soccer moms drive, get 9 mpg, and block your view? thats right, because everyone wants their wasteful SUV, gas prices go up. simple law of supply and demand: as the demand for gas goes up, but the supply remains steady, prices rise.

9. Virato

Virato Member

10. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

Only problem with having the bike riders be naked is that it'll probably alienate alot of people.

11. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

It's $0.98 per litre here.

12. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

How does that translate into price per gallon?
    The U.S. are the only ones not using metric.

13. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

Sooo that means that it would be $3.70 per gallon in Canadian money, which would be $2.71 American dollars per gallon.

14. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

and we complain about the price of gas... I've heard that Europe pays much, much more for gas than us, but I didn't know abut Canada

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I have a buddy in holland, and we figured it one day, it came out to them paying about $5 bucks a gallon. (1.7 euros a liter, i think it was). I cant remember, it was a few weeks back :p

16. Jozak

Jozak Member

How the hell are you going to protest gas prices? Are you going to by a hybrid car or ride your bike?

17. GentleHeartLamb

GentleHeartLamb Member

Well I don't drive (don't got car or lisence) and don't own a bike so to get any where I walk or take the bus unless someone is willing to drive me. Well if you just want to be good to the enviorment why don't you just car pool if possible. Well I do sorta got a bike but tires are flat I am going to get my mom to fix it because she know how and I don't know how and it's just easier that way.

18. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

ha ha ha how does this issue never die?

19. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

hahaha! Wow I wish it was $0.98 per litre still! now it's around $1.25 CDN per litre. There was a national study done though which said a reasonable price, including profiteering, would be around 98 cents a litre. The rest is just gouging, which in the States is illegal, but I'm not sure about Canada.

20. spooner

spooner is done.

The price of gas/diesel is reflected in the cost of everything you buy that has to be transported.