Protest Against Wikipedia !!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by sentient, May 4, 2007.

1. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Weak, even for you.

2. Müller Rice

Müller Rice Member

I don't agree with protest on Wikipedia , but you are sicko. No feelings. Shame on you. :(

3. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

:lol:

well spoken!

4. sentient

sentient Senior Member

nacht is right you have become such an asshole and lets not forget what this is really about. I think you have become such an asshole because really it isnt abiout these issues its really about when I criticised some of your writing in the writers thread and said it was boring !which it was. Back then you took a lot of offense to it and got up on your high heels like some big sissy queen and started throwing a hissy fit whereas I just said well sorry but put some fuckin oomph in it.

Thats what this is really about and as for those comments above - jeez thats a fuckin heartless bastards perspective - get interesting but above all get a soul you robotic fucked up moron !

5. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

No...Why should I boycott Wikipedia for this? Sure what the guy did was horrible, but I think the bigger problem is society and how badly some people are often treated. I think that he should be remembered so that things like this can be prevented in the future. The guy had been tormented his whole life. I'm not excusing what he did...but just think of the implications of how messed up someone would have to be to do something like this and why they became so screwed up in the first place.

6. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Oh no, you found out. It's true, it's true it's all true. I've actually secretly agreed with you the whole time, if anything I wish you'd go further and just have the whole of Wikipedia made into a grand shrine to all the poor peasents who've ever been killed in the past, god rest their peasent souls. But the pain! The pain at being told that my pathetic writing wasn't interesting enough to sate your frankly enormous attention span... it ate me up inside, I couldn't stand it. Anger turned to bitterness, because there was no outlet; I knew you were right. Too right, as it turns out. It literally destroyed me.

If I start buying fair trade coffee, could you possibly just maybe see your way to considering forgiving me?

7. sentient

sentient Senior Member

No you are much too much of a dunderhead to forgive but I may consider doubling what you paid for the coffe and giving it to charity. fair trade is just a bullshit means for do gooders to pretend they did something to help whereas really (in the uk at least) the only solution is to force the aritocracy, monarchy, and civil serice, to suck anarchist cock. However the likes of you big primadonna queens can fuck off I wouldnt let your coldsores anywhere near my cock

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Are you fucking kidding me??? The guy was mentally ill, he came from a middle class immigrant family family in Northern Virginia, a fairly well to do family in Korea and you think SOCIETY is responsible for for someone becoming mentally ill? You think tolerating a mentally ill person who is obviously dangerous, not institutionalizing him, not isolating him from SOCIETY at large was damaging? You think he was treated unfairly by being allowed to attend classes at V-Tech instead of being shot full of thorazine and set drooling in front of a television? SOCIETY is responsible for this guys dementia???

Do us a favor, spit out Hilary's cock and clarify your position on how SOCIETY is responsible for this please? I'm part of society, there are 5 families in my area who are now one person smaller and destroyed (not to mention 28 other families elsewhere) thanks to this lunatic, and I'd truly love to know how I am responsible for this.

9. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I think the mentally ill should be allowed to live as fully integrated into society as can be possible in their case. I don't think Cho was a born killer, I think he was born with a certain awkwardness, a disturbing quality, which alienated him from everyone around him in his childhood, and this period of alienation turned him into a human capable of great violence.

I think it's possible to get to the mentally ill early on in their life when they are at a critical stage, before the heavy psychological damage of an adolescence spent as an ostracized "freak" breaks them down completely.

I believe that mental disorders grow more severe and destructive with time. The severe degree of alienation is largely responsible I think. The killers of today were not born that way, but the seed (initial mental illness/flaw) was there at birth and fueled by years of alienation which eventually caused one to blossom as a fully actualized killer, a human with disregard for the value of human life. Seed is fueled by alienation (if suddenly rendered unable to really connect with others, even a sound and strong mind would be effected) which eventually produced an individual who has lost his faith in the value of the lives of others completely.

This lack of faith and contempt in a universally common, basic principle of morality (what is a more common law in today's society than "do not murder other people!") allows him a sincere disregard for human life and may manifest itself as physical violence. It's a long path from being born with an awkward flaw that causes alienation to a killer and it is my belief that the burden to save the individual between that span of time (preferably earlier in the lifespan, younger, before disregard for humanity sets in from the years of psychological damage) rests of the shoulders of society.

The path to recovery (using therapy though, not drugs!) should begin early in life, before too much psychological damage has incurred and it's our job as a society to amply fund the programs that will accomplish this result.

Nothing is more productive than a highly technological and economically strong nation of people who are nearly all psychologically healthy. The psychological damaged state of America is something to consider in it's flaws. Our materialism propelled rift between rich and poor fuels this mentally sick state. After all, how can one fail to feel at least a little like an outsider by being poor? How can the impoverished and destitute not feel like they were born inferior due to that alienation, while at the same time having the intelligence and sanity to realize that being poor shouldn't impede ones basic right to a life where one feels just as important as the others around him.

That's all I ask us for, a comfortable life for even the "lowliest" (those poor unfortunates who incur the negative energy from an overwhelming portion of the world's population). This misery doesn't have to exist! And it is possible, provided that we appropriately distribute the wealth of our society, to alleviate this problem.

Maybe there will be those who are born into such a disconnected place from the mainstream of the collective consciousness' reality that they will become dangerous to society no matter what is done, but still we must make an effort to reach everyone.

Understand the plight of the most severely psychollogically damaged. The universe is a desolate wasteland for those who cannot form bonds with other humans. I'm talking about a very important human need here. It really bums me out when I travel in my imagination into my viewing hole into the life of the severely mentally ill. I think it's far beyond the darkest most sinking, murky, hopeless feeling we each would ever desire to understand.

Life can become hell for these people, and we can't afford to let such atrocities occur here on a planet of such abundance.

10. Zoomie

Humans are so cute when they're young an idealistic...

StW, I hope you hold onto those gentle, intelligent ideals, spread them to the world at large and pass them to your own children.

Unfortunately there are people (notice I did not say humans) who would kill you for these thoughts.

You're a good soul. Please don't lose that.

11. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

It was kinda funny though, when I posted about 100 words or so of a larger story, and it mentioned coffee in passing, and you went on a massive angry tirade about how awful it was that none of my characters was rising up with arms to smash the filthy capitalists who don't trade fair and hurt brown people with their coffee trading. I mean, we all had a good laugh at your funny impression of a reactionary pseudo-politico then, didn't we. Seriously funny shit. I mean, I have a fair amount of faith in my writing skills, but still, as far as parody goes, I can only hope to scale heights such as those.

And then you top it all with this "I'm an anarchist" stuff. I mean, Jesus, have an award, seriously. You're truly ushering in a new age of satire, and I salute you sir. WELL DONE.

12. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I think that perhaps someone needs to start a separate thread on fair trade coffee and writing, because it is eating up unnecessary bandwidth on this one. fascinating topic nevertheless, buy some fair trade coffee, write about it.[​IMG]

Anyway, I would like to say that I applaude StW last comment. Zoomie, no disrespect, but far from showing immaturity StW is showing the compassionate understanding some people reach at old age. Cynicism doesn not necessarily mean that we are seeing the world better than those who are younger than us. That doesn't mean to say, however, that Zoomie hasn't anything to offer. Far from that, his experience in life can help guide the younger generations.

There is nothing wrong with upkeeping facts and logs of events. I think that we do have to be careful who has access to all information, however, how much and how it is reported.

13. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

So why did we spend the last god knows how long disputing whether this would constitute censorship or not, when you've pretty much just described it? I guess some people are so touchy about the very idea that they might be supporting something as unpopular as censorship that they won't even consider the possibility that, occasionally, it might be a good thing.

14. Zoomie

I wasn't saying anything different. If you inferred anything other than my applauding StW's compassion, you have my most sincere apologies.

15. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Zoomie, I understand that I am only a mouse in a world of elephants who could crush me without a care if I carried with me any shadow of a threat to their complacent existence.

The world is a dangerous place, but even more so for those who somehow end up out of line, who find themselves the focus of attention because they've broken a pattern.

Some end up out of line from the moment of birth born, some through conscious choice. I guess most often it's a marriage of the two, as it is in my case. I only hope to grow strong, mature, and wise enough that when I do become the subject of attention, I can make my time there most productive.

I am going against thousands of years of history and dogma and mistakes, deceit, and distraction are everywhere. It is a chaotic and often violent world and of course I will have to make some compromises just to make progress, but I hope I can live out my life in a manner that is noble, positive, and part of an ongoing, continuous effort by many brave people who live and breathe now (and also many who have passed on) who seek to make this world a more free and compassionate place.

16. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

This is the biggest problem. But he was never voted off the island.

17. gardener

So my access to information is be monitored and controlled by who?

18. gardener

Censorship is never a good idea because there is always an audience and there are always those that wish to manipulate that base for whatever reasons. Who's the censor? That's the most important question. Is it you is it me?

What I may wish to censor may not be what you wish to censor, who makes the distinction?

19. gardener

What exactly is your definition of anarchy? Please, enlighten us so that we may be qualified to argue with you.

20. gardener

Society is responsible in that they pit us against each other for a place in the esteemed levels of society. Why would reality shows be so popular if this wasn't indeed true. And as part of society by allowing this mindset to become pervasive you are part of the problem. Hillary probably has no direct relationship to any of this, it's all about me being better than them.

And some individuals can't handle the strain, and when you allow free access to guns to unstable individuals you set the stage for the carnage that happenned.

Either get rid of the bullies or get rid of the guns. Better yet how about getting rid of both!