Prostate worry

Discussion in 'Gay Polls' started by Cooper001, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Cooper001

Cooper001 Members

Do you guys ever worry about your prostate. Especially guys over 50. They say prostate massage can raise psa numbers. I really don't know. Just wondering.

2. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I was 48 years old and my PSA was elevated. I was sent to a urologist. I was given an exam, a sonogram and biopsy. All cleared. Another exam and bloodwork was done months later. Elevated. A year later elevated and the complete series completed again. No issues. I learned through reading that sex and orgasms with men raises PSA. I enquired with my new PCP at the time about if it was true. He said yes but many urologists won't tell you so. My brother in law had prostrate removal from cancer last year. He still has to have a PSA test done every few months. His urologist reminds him not to have any sex at least two days prior to the bloodwork.

3. Cooper001

Cooper001 Members

Yes. My psa w as s also elevated. Then went down. I think it was hi because i may have been using prostate massager prior to test.

4. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

My doctor advised me not to bother with a prostate test if I had no problems peeing. He said that there are so many reasons for raised psa that it can create confusion and worry.

Simon :)

Cooper001 likes this.
  5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Got to where I was having real difficulties pissing. After numerous delays (special thanks to mob of egocentric anti-vaxxer dolts clogging up the health care system with their self-inflicted respiratory diseases), had a Rezum procedure. Deeply unpleasant, but highly successful.
    May the gods grant you the grace to never share the experience.

Windman likes this.
  6. Windman

Windman Members

I’m going through this whole thing right now. It got to where I couldn't pee at all and I wound up in urgent care getting a catheter. I also was put on a medication ironically called Flo-Max. It is working, the catheter is gone and I have a follow up PSA test in a few weeks. I fear my anal sex days are over and its not a fun thought for me. I just was settling into a FWB relationship that was perfect, it’s going to dissolve. He understandably wants my ass but I’m afraid of causing more issues with my prostate.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I was on Flomax for several years prior to surgery; it had eventually stopped working. I think I read somewhere that long-term use can cause sexual malfunction, something the urologist never mentioned.

8. Windman

Windman Members

Did you experience any malfunction from taking it. I have noticed that my cum is much thinner and has decreased in volume. I did have a PSA test last week and it was normal. And I bottomed the other day and it was good to be back.

9. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

A very useful thread

:)