Prostate procedure. Rezum.

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Cooper001, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Cooper001

Cooper001 Members

Anybody have the Rezum procedure done. It uses steam to shrink the prostate.

2. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I'm not at the point of having the need even though my prostate has enlarged some. My PCP prescribed tadalafil to help slow or stop the growth. The procedure seems to have great results, is FDA approved, and is a minimally invasive procedure. It might be a viable solution if you are having trouble with your prostate and medicine doesn't seem to be helping. Maybe there are others who will chime in with good info.

3. CABill

CABill Newbie

Greetings. I had the Rezum procedure 2 years ago at age 60. Prior to that I was on multiple medications for 5 years… had urinary frequency, incomplete bladder emptying, and difficulty in starting a stream. I was miserable. My urologist recommended Rezum. It was done under local anesthesia and oral Valium. I was comfortable, and it only took about 15-20 minutes. Recovery was not fun though… had a urinary catheter and leg bag for a week. Blood and clots passed for about 10 days. And it took 6-8 weeks to see improvements in urinary symptoms. 2 years later I still am free of problems… as far as pissing. Now sexually… that’s a different story… I now experience retrograde ejaculation most of the time…the semen goes backwards into the bladder instead of external. My orgasms seem shortened and less intense. I’m not going to lie, it has messed with my sexual confidence and satisfaction, and male ego…
    Do your research thoroughly before making your decision. I might look into Urolift as an alternative to Rezum…Good luck.

Cooper001 likes this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

preferably with a nice warm vagina!:)

OnceAgain likes this.
  5. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bought a Venus 2000 to milk mine 6-7 years ago. Last check-up still back to normal size from very large, plus I can sleepm78 hours with out getting up to pee instead of getting up every n1 1/2 hours before. Try to use it at least 3 times a week now.

Josephinelcajon and Suburbanray like this.
  6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Urologist just said tamulosin is no longer working, so rezum, laser, or Roto-Rooter (TURP) is in my immediate future. A cystoscopy at the end of the month will help determine the best course of action...all of which sounds utterly horrible.
    Fun times.

7. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

My doc's advice was "ejaculate frequently". Right up there with breathe regularly.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I can't; haven't in ages. Apparently a side effect of long-term use of tamulosin (and clinical depression).

9. Lovnflman

Lovnflman Members

A couple years ago (I'm 60 now) my PSA doubled. I have a family history or prostate cancer so my urologist wanted a biopsy done. Even with the Valium it was not pleasant. Good news was no cancer. Bad news sexually has been the pits since. Now on Uroxatral for urinary issue. Wonder if that biopsy caused that problem too.......

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I recently underwent the Rezum procedure. I can't comment on the procedure itself, as I was mercifully unconscious, but the first 2 weeks post-op were absolutely heinous. By 6 weeks, the majority of urinary symptoms which led to surgery had largely resolved. I'm generally satisfied with the outcome (nobody fully appreciates pissing until they can't); I can get an erection and ejaculate normally (Rezum apparently has a very low incidence of untoward effects compared to other procedures like TURP), but make no mistake, it's absolutely fucking brutal.

11. OnceAgain

OnceAgain Members

I went through treatment for prostate cancer and moderate a prostate cancer forum. I've not yet heard of the biopsy creating sexual problems. ED or other issues? The nerves and blood vessels that control erection run along side the prostate so there is some remote chance a sloppy biopsy could have damaged one.

Lovnflman likes this.