Propaganda

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by shaman sun, May 25, 2006.

1. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

What does everyone think of this site:

www.abovetheinfluence.com

I find it irritating, as its advertising and commercials related to the idea that "Pot is bad" and makes someone stupid, are misleading and counter productive to citizens of our culture - especially the younger generations.

They play off of inconclusive studies, biased research and pathetic idealism. I recently sent an email to them, just thought I'd share. What can one do to counter this than to simply be the change and the vision you wish to actualize?

2. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

this has been a topic a few times. and sorry to say there would be nothing to do but ignore it. if your were really serious about it then you can take it to the congress but those chances are 0 to none.

3. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

^^ aye, the organization is supported by the government, so they'd do jacksht.... damnit

4. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

If its one thing I found over the years of smoking green... is that the most effective protest you can have, is smoking it. Writing letters to abovetheinfluence.com and all that crap, wont do a damn thing. Neither will bitching about it (not saying you are or anything). Just ignore it, let people believe what they want. But if the government sees that more and more people are smoking it despite their attempts, would open up their eyes more.

5. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

it's a very well written and respectful letter, but, like everyone else said, nothing will change. i think sirtokesalot has the right idea... the best protest is just smoking it responsibly and setting a good example.

6. 5Joints_0Cops

5Joints_0Cops Member

Maybe it wont do shit but at least his showing that he is well above the incfluence of the goverment's ignorance

7. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

You can show whatever you want, but if you want to make a difference, then thats how you do it - by smoking it

8. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

Very true. I think I said at the end,
    What more can we do but to simply continue? The lies will dissolve in time, and in the meanwhile a counter culture will grow, a culture that isn't the opposite of this dead one, but a living, independent culture, with no yesterday or tomorrow. A few examples of this rising shift in consciousness: Alex Grey Community (Artist in my signature), the Burning Man (AKA Black Rock City.)

The letter was really just a vent for my frustations with their ignorance. I didn't expect them to even read it. I just wanted to let it out. You know? But the important thing is,

*Lights up*

9. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

I hear that

;)

10. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Just smoking it and setting a good example? I think another great thing to do is to spread awareness of the truth.

I could live my life and smoke til I die, but not feel as if I've done anything for the movement. Truth and understanding is where it's at.

11. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Sounds good on paper.. but with every ounce of truth we try to spread, comes 3 more ounces of bullshit on primetime TV that manipulates the fatass american people on their sofas

12. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Yeah I knew it, it's become a movement! The Alice's Restaurant anti government pro-marijuana movement. Just imagine 50 people a day walkin' in and singin' a bar of Alice's restaurant, turnin' 'round and wlkin' out. They'll think it's a movment! and it is a doo doo movement. [​IMG]

13. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

what the fuck are you talking about

14. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

^^ haha i'm glad you posted that, cause i thought i was just too high to understand what he was saying

15. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

[​IMG] Exactly! Or you've never listened to Alice's Restaurant in three part harmony! Or maybe I was just too hi for you to understand!

16. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

The important thing is to keep on smoking, educate oneself, and become that culture that this culture wishes to destroy. Not just with pot and other substances, but with our minds. I don't know about any movement. If a new culture is born, it should flower naturally. It's very hard to try and push a culture into blossoming. The important thing is nurturing.