Proof positive of US 'institutional' racism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A lot of American cops are racist. They are drawn to the job since they will have control and many Americans think black people are more prone to crime. It's really the perfect situation for them. They can be hateful and the public will support them. I bet at most these officers get a paid suspension. Their union will back them and the suspension is for show, it's not as if they think it's right they just need this to blow over. Their department will say they broke no laws. They felt they had to restrain this man and since they had no patrol car seat they attached him to their patrol horse.

Bullshit.

3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Sometimes I wonder if it's more just the power trip than racism with cops man.Ya know that ol' Neanderthal attitude of "Huh huh huh! Lookit im lookit! Nuttin he can do! Ahuh huh huh!"

4. Vladimir Illich

But then you have to ask yourself - would they do that to a 'white' man ???

5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Many I've encountered would. It's the thrill of the force, the taking of the power, that bully mentality given a badge and a gun man.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

police bully white people all the time. it just never makes the news because the fact that the police are assholes to everybody doesn't further the racism thing that so many people want to push.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

When I first saw this I thought it was fake.

Unbelievable.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. unfocusedanakin

True in a way but police have also arrested a few white mass shooters nicely including the last one. Dylan Roof even got the cops to go to a drive though since he said he was hungry after all the murder. There was a black man killed for selling single cigarettes in New York. The old "stop resisting" from 5 cops and he's dead. I can't help but see a double standard.

Police see black people as a threat. They are on guard right away. They are able to follow protocol easier with white people even white murders.

Death of Eric Garner - Wikipedia

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

there's definitely racist cops out there, but i think there's probably a much greater number who are just assholes. people are just way too fast to make everything about race.

tumbling.dice and Running Horse like this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

Yeah personally I've dealt with some asshole cops. I'm Aryan white it was not a race thing. It was a I have decided to harass you thing.

11. Cops are extremely dumb.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Aryan white. :tearsofjoy:
    That's a good one.

13. Vladimir Illich

Are you wearing the black uniform with jack boots and a swastika arm band and the death's head insignia on the cap badge by any chance ???

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Aryan white really means Iranian beige

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Persian. :p

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I assume so were the cops? Or were they more redneck white :p Just saying what if they were asian american or black, would you sooner have concluded it was a racial thing? If not, why jump to that conclusion if the cop is white and the harassed black? Well i fully understand why and it has some merit, BUT the fact that we all agree its often predominantly a power trip or because the harassed fits a certain profile (criminal neighbourhood, dresses and acts like a gangsta 'rapper' :D) is then suddenly ignored.

17. unfocusedanakin

The cops were also white. In my case I would not have said racism. For me it was other medical issues I have that made them assume I was under the influence. I have a mild tremor that is a neurological issue. When I gave them a doctor's note about this they claimed I had forged it and arrested me for a drug DUI. Forging a doctor's note is a much more serious crime in America than a DUI. They never tried to charge me with it. So I don't think they thought it was fake. They just wanted a DUI bust which often gives them a pay bonus. Even after I passed a drug test they told the court I was high it's just that I took drugs so recently they do not show in my urine. All that showed was THC and I had a medical card so they really had nothing. The stop was a DUI checkpoint so I had not broken a traffic law. So my attorney argues even though I use weed it's a medication for me and it had not made me a dangerous driver. So a DUI is not the right charge since a DUI implies I am a danger to the public.

They claimed I was using meth and cocaine not even weed in the report. They said my mouth had white stuff in it so I swallowed drugs when they stopped me. Odd thing they looked in my mouth a few times and never questioned me on this or said this to me. They added this part in latter when they saw their case was failing. The cops just kept lying on so many things. Their report even claimed I "cried and told them I have a coke addiction" and how I saw this stop was rock bottom. I've only used coke once in my life. I hated it and it was not that night.

It was a 15 month process and it really changed my opinion on police and the American court system. Like I was innocent with no real evidence and the opinion of the cop counted more than evidence. The state would not drop it and they fought with my attorney for the whole time. I wonder how many times other Americans had police lie too.

I am quick to claim racism since I see white and black people treated differently. It's a hard to thing to prove which is why so many get away with it. There are so many examples of black men shot by police and less for white criminals.

I look at the statistics it's how my mind works,. Even though the black population is much lower than white in the USA they are much more likely to die from a police encounter. This means either black people are more prone to crime (a common alt-right argument) and we have to accept police need to do their job with them. Or police have a grudge against them. It must be one or the other.

Often it is a power trip you are right. American police don't go through the same background cheeks as European police. I think this allows dangerous people to become police.

18. unfocusedanakin

Definitely not.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

jesus fucking christ what fucking pills did yinz take?

20. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Cops and the military both have high suicide rates and other problems that come with the job. If a Texas cop says he exercised poor judgement, you can be certain he's telling the truth. I know people who would rather drive around the entire state than through it. Florida and Louisiana also have long standing reputations as places you don't go unless you are a tourist or 90 years old. Arizona is trying to make them all look bad, and we'll see what happens. I tell people the heat must fry their brains! But its the damned border and all the money and drugs and tourists and senile citizens. Not a great mix with a bunch of fucking rednecks.

Tom Petty grew up in Florida with an abusive father, in the middle of fucking nowhere. I know so many guys like him we can all relate to his music as if he grew up next door. The deep south is nowhere to be, and he split for LA. Sometimes I think everybody else is moving to the coast just to get away from all the rednecks and oppressive governments. In places, Louisiana and West Virginia and Arizona resemble the fucking third world and people believe the devil walks among them, because they can't trust anyone.