Promotion of Veganism!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Yogamat, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Would you consider becoming a vegan?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Havent decided

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. I already am one.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I do a protein shake for breakfast. I have some nice greek yogurt with an apple at some point that has something like 11g protein per 3/4 cup serving during the day. and of course lately I manage a portion of cooked pork with Asian chicken marinade too (the meat portion). I'm advised to weed out the meat. I absolutely love cashews and peanuts and especially almonds, but I'm warned that though they do contain some protein they are so caloric that it can be difficult to effectively incorporate them if you're trying to lose weight. Because my BMI is high (this too is a little subjective; BMI is an imperfect measurement...) I'm conscientious of my weight; I go to the gym twice a day and am even meeting with a personal trainer (something I've done before in the past) for 30 minutes on Saturday the 25th.

Anyway, it's totally an uphill battle for me as I turn 40 soon and my metabolism slows. But at least it's familiar territory. My gym takes care of me beautifully and I'm in the plant based eating class. Between those two things I may actually lose at least a little weight.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think you could do a lot better if you cook like 5 times a week yourself instead of microwaving ready meals and/or buying takeaway etc.