Promotion of Veganism!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Yogamat, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Would you consider becoming a vegan?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  3. Havent decided

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. I already am one.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. No i wouldn't become vegan.
    I just prefer to have a balanced diet.
    Good on you if you have decided to become a vegan.
    As long as you don't go and protest in all supermarkets and other shops where they sell meat, or open up people's farms so they lose their livestock.
    Have seen it.

2. Everyone farts and takes dumps.
    Animals do it too.
    Just because you don't eat meat it doesn't mean we all don't eat meat.

3. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

I would never become Vegan, the importance of a balanced diet cannot be underestimated. Dairy and meat are part of our natural diet. This nonsense about co2 emissions just makes me laugh, do vegans not think that producing and supplying fruit and veg doesn't cause pollution too. And what about all the over processed fake meat, is that created in a magic factory with no carbon footprint and delivered around the world in electric transport or something. I don't get it personally, but good luck to all who think they are saving our planet lol.

Lily The Pink and GLENGLEN like this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^.... I Couldn't Have Said It Better......:smile:

Cheers Glen.

Lily The Pink and NaturistJames like this.
  5. NaturistJames

NaturistJames Members

Haha, thanks Glenn. I tried not to get into ranting mode but the whole idea that veganism is soooooo great just winds me up.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I disagree - vegan is a label given to people who do not consume animal products. You say that people shouldn't have the vegan vs. Vegetarian argument, but then make an argument that some reasons for eating a vegan diet are more valid than others. Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Cows don't burp as much if they aren't unnaturally mass produced for consumption.

I'm also fairly certain that Asmo understands that everyone in the world doesn't follow a certain diet just because he does...

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Besides, I'm not on a diet. I am fully at peace with being omnivorous.
    This is getting tiring, Suzan. One nonsensical attempt to correct me after another.

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm already on plant milk, but am not ready to give up meat. I eat it constantly. I would be willing to stop if the alternative were something more than just different varieties of beans. & I've heard bad things in the last 24 hours about soy products, so I'm feeling low on alternates.

10. Asmodean

Moderating your meat consumption is already a good start. 'Constantly' sounds a little extreme :p hope I'm just taking that too literally

11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That goes for me too in spades !!!

12. Asmodean

Moderation and picking meat products from responsibly kept animals is key for an omnivore in this day and age.

13. What is tiring is your stupid attempts of pushing your rubbish down my throat.
    Instead of doing that accept the fact that we are all different and can eat meat if we want to.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I couldn't care less what people eat, but I'm omnivore and I'm not going to feel bad about it.

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Please read better. Nuff said.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Just try incorporating more vegetarian meals into your diet, even cutting down on meat consumption a little helps. I'm not a vegetarian but I probably eat vegetarian around 70% of the time

I can think of a lot of meatless recipes that dont substitute beans or meat substitutes for actual meat. Vegetable curries, meatless lasagna with eggplant, vegetarian soups, various pastas and pizza, etc

soulcompromise likes this.
  17. Asmodean

I think cutting down on meat consumption is more than a little help! Especially if you're a big consumer of meat. Now, we're of course not talking going 'only' 5 times a week to the burger restaurant instead of the usual 7 :p No, you can limit it on the days you have some with dinner or at lunch, and you skip it alltogether on several other days of the week. If more people would do that it would be a gigantic positive change!
    Also: buy quality meat, don't be a cheap ass. It was a living being.

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

thank you.

I don't cook much, but I could try that with the meatless recipes. I think though that my concern would be protein; hence the reference to beans. I told the person who was talking about the problem with soy products that I'm worried about protein. All she gave me was beans. It's a three-week series of classes though, so I will ask her again or text her for some better plant based protein options. It's gotta be more than just beans or I feel compelled to continue my protein regimen as it currently is, with perhaps reductions as you mention in the above.

Meliai likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I guess protein isnt something I worry about since I haven't gone full on vegetarian, I just eat a lot less meat than most people do in the standard american diet.
    I'm not a huge bean person eithet which is probably why I've never became a vegetarian : p but I do like beans in soup, chili, and mexican food. And I like chickpeas and lentils in indian food

parua and soulcompromise like this.
  20. Asmodean

Nuts like almonds and walnuts, hummus, avocados, eggs, broccoli, spinach. The ol' protein shake. Are all good protein sources.

soulcompromise and Meliai like this.