Proganda USA?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by hippie_chick666, May 1, 2007.

1. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

I think it is pretty rediculous to come & put down someone's opinions w/ mindless cursing, or not have any citations only to lay down a lazy quip about a lack of research. Present an argument, not some nutty schoolyard spat. Meh.

I happen to agree w/ the whole cult/brainwashing opinion. I suppose an element of brainwashing HAS to go on for anyone to commit crimes against, well, humanity.

But then again, I don't "support the troops"-- our favorite propoganda term. I DO, however, support the human race which is very apt to make mistakes & whatnot. I wish that more people would choose not to participate in a silly media-warped war, yes. HOWEVER, they do have the choice to not participate. Just like the president, etc. etc. So really, everyone is collectively at fault.

I just can't conceptualize supporting the fingers to such an evil hand.

Or right.... Support the duped! Support the duped!
    I do forgive, because they can't really know what they're getting themselves into at the age of 18 & w/ the honest thought that they might actually be helping. & so I forgive them, but do not support them.

2. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Right on Turquous Rose!

BTW, maybe you should do a little research, my amigo. I've done mine.

Peace and love

3. sentient

sentient Senior Member

well you are the ones making all the noise about brainwashing, so whats your evidence, lets see what you mean. Trouble with you people is that you talk without actually thinking. You make stuff up and dont back it up , theres just no brains behind your words

4. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Why are army solidiers punished for thinking for themselves? That's called BRAINWASHING!

Peace and love

5. wandrnshaman

wandrnshaman Member

If after over 1800 posts here you still have found no evidence on the internet, I don't think there is any point wasting any on the likes of you. No offence, of course. I'm simply sure you have an excuse for any of the evidence out here.

For example, any of the tons of evidence at loosechange911? ...depleted uranium in civilian areas since '91? ...soldiers testifying before congress that the U S gov't lied of their service to make them out to be heros? ...even giving one soldier a posthumous Silver Cross for bravery during an attack when the real account was friendly fire? ...or the admission that the CIA and our present administration lied all the way to the top dog just to start a war? ...While I'm at it, the Iraqi legislature voted to ask the U S troops to remove themselves from Iraq in January, 93%...to no avail.

To counter your personal attack, Is there any present day evidence that there was grounds for a pre-emptive assault against Iraq?

The troops are fighting for material rewards, the middle east fight for spiritual rewards. The fight for freedom begins when both sides compromise.

6. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

The effectivness of propganda is the fact that people don't realize they are being infulenced.

7. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Soldiers follow orders, they may not choose which orders to follow. They are mindless drones being used to accomplish a goal. They perform a service not act in glory or goodness no more than pro athletes do.

8. illumincoalitional

illumincoalitional Member

There is so much propaganda on both ends of the line it's fucking disgusting. I would hope that most people are smart enough to tell the differents of stated fact & what is interrupted by someone else's opinion inserted into fact.

I think most do & the only ones that seem they don't are pretending for their own views in the mess.

9. wandrnshaman

wandrnshaman Member

Haha, right...Star Wars...Stormtroopers were clone warriors

You don't know many soldiers then and if you are posting sincerely, I understand where you are coming from. To help set all ignorance aside, however, my younger sibling is in the U S Navy, I was in the service, and there is truly a strong degree of briefing, brainwashing, w/e but each serviceman remains an individual, little wheels in a big machine...led to turn from free thinking by the 'gung ho' mentality.

The only reason we're told to support the troops is so they don't come back from this war as fucked up as the Viet Nam vets, who we did not support.

10. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

brainwash-The application of a concentrated means of persuasion, such as an advertising campaign or repeated suggestion, in order to develop a specific belief or motivation.
    I guess dehumanizing the arab people until you have a barbaric want to kill them is not brainwashing?Or the constant slogans and roars of the superiors telling them they are nothing without thier firearm is not a little bit of force indoctrination?Now I do understand this is a all volunteer army but the overall evil in the American military institution far outwieghs any of the good that comes out of it. :)

11. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Many soldiers will tell you they would rather have a peaceful surrender, than have to kill which usually involves a firefight, risking their own lives. You are very misinformed.

12. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

Yea I guess that explains why the casualties on the Iraqi side eclipse that of the American side? The last time it was a actual fight was in Vietnam now they dont even step on the battlefield to kill the enemy so its not really a firefight.Whens the last time I saw a soldier on the American side laying down his arms?