Proganda USA?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by hippie_chick666, May 1, 2007.

1. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

Anyone else notice it on TV's and newspapers? The worst ones are the pro-military bullshit, which glorifes soldiers and their lives. This is no different than the romantism of the 1910's. Different play, same game. The power that "is" has been trying to control the minds of the people for generations. It's time to see through the bullshit! Protest the modern brainwashing of the masses due to propaganda!

Peace and love

2. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Whats wrong with glorifying the soldiers? Only a select few are raping and massacring innocents, and they are being prosecuted.

Support the troops, not the war.

3. hippie_chick666

The life of a solider isn't the glamerous role the gov't wants you to think. It involves a lot of brainwashing, things usually not mentioned in the pamplets.

Peace and love

4. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

What the hell are are talking about? How do they brainwash? When do they brainwash? Where?

Honestly, you are talking out of your ass.

5. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

why on the defense so much?

It is pretty obvious they brainwash you.

they even basically state it. their intent, upon gaining a new recruit is to break them down and build them back up in a mold that THEY see fit. It is well known bud.

6. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I have several friends who have joined the military, and yeaaaa, they're not brainwashed.

7. Breakxeggs

Breakxeggs Member

I don't support killers.

8. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

9. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

It's called training. It's called conditioning. It's called disciplining. "Basically" stating it doesn't make it so. We put you in the same conditions in iraq and you'll crawl into a corner, curl up into the fetal position and piss your pants while trained soldiers are busy trying to protect innocents going to their mosques.

10. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Training, conditioning and disciplining a person to believe what someone is telling them to think and do, not to think for oneself or talk back or question orders - that's called brainwashing. What the military does, meets the requirements of the definition of it. Its been well known, a teacher in high school showed us a video that documented exactly how it is done, with psychologists explaining the methods in detail. Granted its usually more subtle then what some infamous cults have used, but not essentially different. When it is done well, people won't even realize they have been brainwashed.

11. dionne

dionne Member

the military's training teaches soldiers what they need to survive, its not really fair to sit back here and say they're brainwashed because without structure like that I don't think the military would be successful at all, however I think it is the responsibility of the soldier to maintain their own sense of personal morals and not to do anything to compromise them, the military is not a cult, its just as important for a soldier given an order to do something immoral to question it, just as it is our responsibility to question the government

12. sentient

sentient Senior Member

and just exactly what do you know about the military?
    nothing but what you read on some crummy conspiracy theory site !

No shit sherlock !!!!!!!!! you mean soldiers sometimes have to blow the fuck out of a percieved enemy and they dont go surfing 24/7 - fuck me, I will have to consider being a roadsweeper !
    And as far as all the brainwashing goes - well really who gives a flying fuck ????

13. Haid

Haid Member

Training and structure are needed to keep your troops alive. You can't very well say ok everyone do what you want and report back later. As someone who has been a part of our armed forces I can guarantee you there are as many differing political opinions there as anywhere else. People are not brainwashed and there are many different reasons people join. I was never told to beleive in any particular thing which in the basis of brainwashing. You are taught to do a job and survive doing it. You do it, then you come back and argue your opinions amongst yourselves. As far as glorifing the role of a soldier, the people that are willing to put themselves on the line for something bigger are of coarse going to be appreciated for it by most.

14. NickWhat

NickWhat Member

Said, much better than I. Thank you!

Seriously, I've never seen such disrespectful people. You people are in the ranks of the Westborough Baptist Church.

15. hippie_chick666

Are you in the military? My best friend went into the army and came out with a serious mental disorder due to the army. He was insulted and yelled at constantly, trying to break his spirit. Once the soldiers are broken of their individuality, then they are built back up, forming into perfect soldiers. This practice has gone on for decades. I do feel that the army is a type of cult. It is a lifestyle within itself. I have reached this conclusion after talking to many people, either in the military or been part of a military family. It is its own lifestyle. Just like Christianity, this a cult that is accepted by our culture.

Chew on these thoughts for a moment...

Peace and love

16. Haid

Haid Member

I don't know if you are talking to me but I am currently not. I served for 10 years. Since I was there and you were not maybe you can learn something. They toughen you up but don't brain wash you. Some people are too weak, either mentally or physically to be toughened up, so you have people like your friend. They know what they are getting into before hand so don't tell me that they averse to being controlled. The truth is these are the people who couldn't tough it out. Nothing against them personally but that is a lot different then broken down and brainwashed. You have to be able to react clearly and concisely while in the middle of the most stressful situations you can imagine, that is what they teach you. Not everyone is cut out for it.

17. hippie_chick666

Some people are easier to "train" than others.

Peace and love

18. hippie_chick666

What about other types of propaganda on the media? I also despise the anti-drug propaganda. The only point of them is to try to prevent teenagers and now even children from using pot, specifically. Why is that? It's because the tide is turning on the marijuana prohibition. It is becoming more acceptable in society. It will be legal within my lifetime, probably within the next ten years. Always remember, change is preceded by denial of the ruling class, until it becomes accetable in society.

Peace and love

19. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

I would go back to asking people what their favourite colour is, if I were YOU, hippiechick666, or at least do some research before posting

20. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

you people REALLY need to turn off your tv's. mostly garbage on there anyway.