Producing seeds

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding and Seed Strains' started by Rufus, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Rufus

Rufus Member

Greetings;
    I have 3 large flowering females on the go, indoors and 4 males, outdoors that I decided to let grow. I am thinking of taking a bit of pollen and pollenating one or two of the smaller flowers in order to get a small number of seeds to pass on to friends. My question is, is it asking too much of a plant to make seeds and keep up the flowering effort at the same time? Has anyone out there tried this?

Thanks,Rufus

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

If your females anywhere near the males (esp. downwind), they will not only become seeded they may besome so heavily seeded that you'll end up with thousands of seeds and not much smoke.
    Flowering and producing seeds are what plants do.
    If I were you, I'd ditch (remove to far away) all males except 1 branch.
    Take that branch inside, keep it in a sunny place in a glass of water until the pollen sacs split. Have a piece of waxed paper or a mirror underneath the branch to collect pollen.
    Then use a model airplane paint brush, dip it in the pollen and "paint" pollen on a few buds.