problems

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Twan69, May 17, 2004.

1. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

Here I posted this in your other thread:

I used to have alot of social anxiety, didn't matter if I was high or not, but I am currently overcoming it now little by little. Here's my advice:

try taking a break from weed for a few weeks or even a month if you can hold out that long. Not only will it bring down your tolerance but it will bring you back to reality for a while and change your perception. Get away from the weed, have a period of introspection to find out what the real problem is. If necessary take off your job for a while and have some serious thinking time. In many cases, anxiety is caused by fear of something, whether it be rejection, humilation, etc. I used to be very anxious around everyone, although I'm an introvert I was usually scared to say many things that I wanted to because of that fear. But through introspection and some psychedelic drug-induced experienced, I realized why I was so anxious all the time, I found that fear, and now that I understand where it was coming from and why.... I feel so much better as a person, I don't feel repressed, I can express myself freely. I still toke up all the time, weed is not a problem for me, but it may be for you, maybe you need to stop smoking altogether. Either way, you should definitely take a break, I mean, why smoke if it's making you so sad??

Just remember, that it's going to take time, and it's not going to happen at once, but slowly but surely you can beat this. See a therapist if you need to. I used to see one, but I found out that the only person to help me was myself. Always keep a positive attitude, negative thinking only causes you to get stuck in self-defeatist thought loops. Keep ya head up things aren't always as bad as they seem!

Sorry if I got a little off on a tangent there, but if you believe that you can get through this, you can. Remember that this may be a necessary low point in your life so that you may come out it it with some very important knowledge and a new outlook on life.. Good Luck!

2. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Smoking weed is simply no longer for you.

One of my sisters stopped after years because of the anxiety attacks you describe.

I've seen numerous potheads (some for decades) suddenly have to quit for the same reason.

Cest la vie!

3. bertrose

bertrose Member

I sugget ONLY smoking when ur feeling good...smoke in a place where u won't worry about getting caught...and just crash out on a comfy sofa and relax...thats what i'd do atleast...i don't get anxiety attacks, but i get paranoid sometimes when i'm smoking at home when the parentals can easily find me high...so set and setting if u wish:)

peace

4. veg-0-matic

veg-0-matic Member

Everyday, and worried about grades too???? This is exactly why marijuana should be LEGALIZED... to keep it regulated and have an age limit, like alcohol, so high schoolers and even middle schoolers give their brains a chance to develop, their personalities time to bloom, and figure out what gets them high, not just drugs.

I did smoke marijuana in high school occasionally (i.e 1 or 2 times a month), but now that I am older and realize what the high is meant to do (just relax you and put you in a mellow mood), I indulge every day, but I have a job, own a home, and am married, and ready to take on responsiblity.

Enjoy your youth, and find yourself without chemicals, it's really easy, and makes getting high when you are older so much better!!! I am not trying to preach to you, and say DRUGS ARE BAD< they are great tools, in the right hands and in the right frame of mind, but let yourself be a kid, that is the best drug around!!

5. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

My opinion... you're thinking too much about it. I personaly think a lot when i'm high... usually it brings your emotions out a little more. maybe one day you had a lot on your mind and smoked and didn't have a great time. now when you smoke, you are thinking "i may not have a good time" and it happens. one time i had a real intense mushroom trip, and ever since then i've been worried about it and everytime i use mushrooms i get that anxious, paranoid feeling that i hate. just relax and you'll be fine... maybe some time off so your body will not be used to the high next time would be good too.

6. Twan69

Twan69 Member

buffalo soldier thats th ebest anwser ive heard. i guess i have to ditch my pothead buddies for a few more weekends until the summer;. then i should be good to go. You cant say marijaua is simply not for me., im only 15 and still developing like hell. I dont think mariajuana has changed me that much, ive grown a lot this year. im a nicer more mature person than the last, it lets me think clearer though

7. TheFriendlyStranger

TheFriendlyStranger Maniac Mull Mite

It takes a long long time to get used to smoking pot full time. Most seasoned pot smokers have gone through what you are going through. Just handle it and learn to deal with it. It wont last forever, start making fun when your stoned. Keep your mind occupied and recognise when you get yourself down and turn it around into fun. make fun of yourself to yourself, just go easy dude.

8. Twan69

Twan69 Member

that sounds pretty reasonable. Na i actually couldnt resist the curiousty of what would happen so i smoked a couple bowls last night, had a blast. I was with some new guys actually first time trying, and i didnt even get that high (reverse tolerance my nuts) But i had a good time and i didnt even do much. I know i still have to take it light for a nother few weeks before my mind gets used to it but thanks everyone

9. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

BULLSHIT!

Learn to deal with it?

The pain outweighs the pleasure and the poster want's to get used to it?

THAT's drug abuse- and down right stupid to boot!

You shame us weed smokers.

10. Velouria

Velouria Member

I would suggest smoking with friends and never alone. That way you won't do it too much and you'll have people to joke around with. That should put you in a better mood.

11. Lady_Pink_Floyd

Lady_Pink_Floyd Member

I feel your pain...I have the same problem. I think I am addicted to weed, and I'm depressed and, my highs are not the greatest anymore. I just get paranoid and stuff, and I'm usually alone. At school, I'm always alone, and I do have an anxiety problem, which I take pills for.

Anyway, I feel where you're comming from, I have the same problem...I have given it a break for a bit, and now My good highs are starting to show signs of comming back.

Good luck, man!

12. Twan69

Twan69 Member

do you guys think it could be a combination of a shitload of stuff? I just ended my sport so im not excersising as much, i broke up with a girl and ive been really not into any other girls besides her for a long itme, i get fuckin anxious and paranoid when im by myself when im usually this calm hilarious fucking kid. Im not that funny guy when im high im just quiet and like nervous but just chilled at the same time.....

ah its annoying

13. reef

reef Member

i think you just have too much time on your hands and your getting bored.
    go do something?
    don't rely on ganja to make everything right. use it make things righter when they are already right.