Problem With My Religion. Help

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by WoodstockChild, Jun 2, 2006.

1. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I see what you're saying

2. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

If I were you I would try not to take it so seriously, just be a good person. I knew a "hard core born again christian" who was cheating on her husband constantly. Do these people think that just because you go to church regularly that anything else you do doesn't count, it's rediculous.

3. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

you dont have to be christian to believe in god. and the bible never says you cant party and be a rock star anyway. it just says dont get drunk alot. thats about it. and i think you need a better reason to abandon your religion then just saying you dont like a rule.

4. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

I've said this before - religion is a kind of disease for spiritualllity.......

5. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

where does the bible say not to drink alot.
    I recomend reform judaism it's all about one thing
    tikun olam
    repairing the world

6. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

That's what "am".

7. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

That seems to be prevalent whenever she speaks about something...

8. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Aye.
    For a "hippie" she's extremely closed-minded.

9. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

It doesn't matter.

There are people who say you'll go to hell for all kinds of crap, and there are people like me who don't believe in hell.

Either way, just follow what you believe to be true. If you're a good person and follow your heart, why wouldn't god embrace that?

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Eh, shes just a kid. She needs to fugure some stuff out on her own.

11. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I hope soon for her sake.
    I have seen a person who has gone through her life angry - and let me tell you - it's not pleasant.

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

fuk god, believe me only.

13. plume7reaction

plume7reaction Member

God don't equal religion.
    Besides, many religions have great morals but a few of the followers screw it all up. And the bible isn't just for christians, it's for anyone interested in some of their morals and who may want to study it.
    If you don't like the religion...then...explore your own feelings. I dont know, I'm a mix of many things now..(agnostic, you'd say?) but i have to say that I am not fond of religions that say that if you do this, or do that, you're going to rot in hell.
    I draw from different religions..I like Paganism for its deep love of nature and other beliefs...but outside of that I also sort of believe in a universal God, neither male nor female, just a presence, a guide. I suppose I believe in a sort of Earthly God, Nature...that we should worship as Earthly beings.
    I'm not too concerned or in a rush to find just one human-created religion to singely draw from.
    You don't have to belong to a specific religion strictly to have faith.
    But if you're interested in religions, study them and see how you like them.
    However, life isn't all just about partying, in my opinion.
    There's other things--thinking, art, wonder, love, the beauty of just waking up in the morning.
    And by the way, despite what your religious leaders may tell you, I doubt that you will rot in hell :)

14. prismatism

prismatism loves you

here's an idea: live. don't try to know things, because nobody knows anything. just live life, let other people live theirs, don't worry. explore different ideas, sure, but don't feel compelled to pick one out of a hat and make it your entire reality, and stick to it forever, because change is good :).

15. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

This is why i hate when parents push religion on their children. its not right, it just confuses them when they get older & develop their own thoughts & veiws.
    You are obviously more of a free spirit, & you shouldnt let anyone make you feel like that is wrong. Just because you were raised a certain way doesnt mean you should feel bad about changing your opinion as you get older.

I wouldnt last a second as a christian & havent been to church a day in my life. think about what YOU really beleive in, not what other people or your family try to pressure you into beleiving.

16. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Member

Just belive in God then, and skip all the authoritarian church stuff. I promise you, you're not going to hell. After all, no one really knows what happens when we die - not even the church. Don't be scared by all that yack about hell and heaven. If they see your message of peace and love as blasphemy then I don't see any reason to follow them. As you said yourself, live the life you want - not the life that the church wants you to live.
    Don't be a christian... be a Woodstock child! :)
    Have a nice all of you.

17. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

This is so true and well said.:)

18. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

Dare iz noh god, only big daddy PIG.

19. Art Delfo

Art Delfo It is dark

investigate other religons and look into general philosophy. Rember use reason and logic while your finding your belifs.

20. JLPMGHRS

JLPMGHRS Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

A good website to check out is equip.org and go to the perspectives at the bottom of the homepage. it shows what scripture teaches on a lot of different issues. from a biblical perspective the issue really isn't religion but whether or not someone wants a relationship with the God. the Bible teaches that Christ came to earth in the flesh, died on the cross as a sacrafice for our sins and then rose physically on the third day so that we can be ressurected physically on the final judgement day. In other words, none of us deserve to go to heaven based on our own merit but God sent His Son to pay for our sins and restore us to relationship with Him. Our own good works can't save us. As far as John Lennon, we don't know what his realtionship with God was in the final moments of his death. But human beings have freewill to accept God or reject Him. Different religions have totally different world views and beliefs. Theoretically all religions could be wrong but they could not be all right.