Problem Teacher

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Upnorthguy, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Upnorthguy

Upnorthguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Long story short, we have an autistic son (learning disability, very low social skills) who for the past couple years has been treated poorly by a para at school who is not his para and should have nothing to do with him. She has been verbally and physically abusive with him.

Last year we met with the principal and superintendent to voice our concerns & displeasure. In no uncertain terms, we firmly requested this para have no more physical or verbal contract with our son.

It's a year later and this para is back to their antics. She knows that the sight of her alone sets off terrible emotions and actions by our son, but she continues to be around him, waiting for him in certain areas, showing up in his classes where she has no business being there.

My thought is to have one last meeting with the principal & superintendent. Basically give an ultimatum that it stops now 100% or we will take legal action.

Would this be appropriate? Too far? Not far enough?

Looking for some thoughts and feedback. Her presence (she's essentially stalking him) really has a negative affect on him, and it's becoming daily.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Have you spoken directly to her about the issue?

3. Upnorthguy

Upnorthguy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We, ourselves haven't. But the principal and superintendent gave her a talking to last year. The para knows what her restrictions are.

My wife wanted to give the situation a chance to resolve itself through meeting with the P & S, submitting things in writing, etc. Allow the process to work. It obviously hasn't worked. And me, I'm a guy of action. Not to react violently of course (that would be taking it way too far), but to get attorneys involved and whatever other non-physical action that may be necessary.

Unfortunately, our son isn't the only vulnerable child being abused by this person. And, she has a history of it in the other schools that she has been terminated from.

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like you already know what you want to do, so what's the question?

Sandra Miller likes this.