Problem sleeping?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by gratefulvegan, May 21, 2007.

1. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep last night...it just seemed like I was in bed and waves of thoughts penetrated my mind, right before I would doze off, something would seem to open(a door because of the wind) etc. Any ideas for how to fall asleep in this sorta situation!? Note: I had 3 cups of green tea like 4 hrs. before sleeping so I doubt that had much to do with it...but I'll stick to the valerian from now on past 8 o'clock.

Thanks!

2. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

me too! i couldn't stop stressing about school and then about if i have enough time to take and finish driver's ed. next year (i'm a junior and i still haven't taken the classes, isn't that sad. oh well, it's cheaper.)
    it was so bad that i hit myself in the forehead five times...it didn't help much.
    stressing doesn't help you sleep. in fact, it makes you not sleep.

3. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You need more sex and drugs.

4. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

smoke some pot before you go to bed, sleeping pills, or exercise more

5. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

second that...hehehe

6. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

Indulge yourself in imagining your wildest fantasy. I bet you'll fall asleep before the best part! LOL
    Peace

7. Dist0rted Dre4ms

Dist0rted Dre4ms Member

Guys, guys, guys... Come on, turn to some nice and health legal herbal solutions before wasting precious bits of our other herbals. :D

I've tried nearly every sleep aid on the planet, honest to god, and I FINALLY found a really incredible solution. Not only is it a freaking amazing synergistic partner with our more precious herbs, but it's also spectacular at treating anxiety, PMS, and insomnia. Kava Kava is my new favorite entheogen <3

Generally, you will be able to find a vial of it at most natural food stores with the other tinctures, and the instructions usually call for 20-30 drops with each meal. First, that's way more frequently than is needed, and second, just take the entire dropper full. Effects are felt very fast and can be felt for hours, generally making you ridiculously laid back and uncaring about the world even more so than cannabis, and if you take it maybe an hour before bed, I personally will promise you that you WILL sleep haha.

Everyone I've introduced Kava to has agreed that it's spectacular, especially when used in addition to other herbs, and people routinely tell me they feel healthier when they wake up. This is probably due to the serious deep sleep it causes haha. Keep a watch on your vial though, Kava has a tendancy to lose potency I've found.

8. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

Shit really? I've had a lot of Kava (my brother is a fanatic) and I really do enjoy the effects it brings about...didn't know it was good for sleep-aid and thank you soooo much for the detailed answer!!

9. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Meditation works wonders. Also do some exercise, just 5 minutes of stretches and whatnot will make your muscles ready to relax. After a few minutes of exercise light some candles/incense and just chill. Pray, chant, meditate... whatever. Contact with your innerself. Drink some milk... or whisky!

10. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

I have to agree with the meditation. Sometimes I try imagining my thoughts as a candle flame, and whenever a thought disturbs my calm, the flame flickers. The point is to try to keep the flame as still as possible. It really works for me! But this news about Kava is intriguing, I must give it a shot! Good luck gettin' some rest tonight sister!
    - Unlearn

11. Chris_mate

Chris_mate Member

Have one 600ml bottle or 2 beer cans about 15 mins before you decide to go to sleep, I swear you will be sleeping before you head hits the pillow !!

12. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

i had insomnia really bad as a child and actually had to go to a doctor because of it. not fun at all.

my parents used to give me wine before bed just to try to get me to fall asleep.
    im not anymore, i guess it just passed?

13. Chris2

Chris2 Banned

14. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Chris:
    What The Living Fucking Hell Is Your Problem? You Are A God Damn Disgrace To Society And Need To Go Fucking Blow Your Brains Out! Your Nothing But A God Damn Moron And A Waste Of Breath! How Dare You Post Something Like That On These Boards? And Purposefully Spam Shit? God Will Fucking Punish You But The Shit Is, You Are One Disgusting Mother Fucker And Are Nothing But A Fucking Waste Of Space. Go To Hell.... Or In This Case Just Stay There. Your Mother Would Be Ashamed Of You!

15. sonik

sonik Member

woah!

Whats the picture of? I'm afraid to click the link after dixies rant. haha

16. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

It's Fucking Spam.... He's Posting It All Over The Boards.

It's Of A Live Pig Getting It's Head Cut Off With A Chainsaw!!!!

Yeah, So! *hate To Say It But..... I'm Seriously Pissed!*
    This Is Suppose To Be A Place For People To Get Together And Enjoy Eachother's Good Company, Not Have To Look At Something (imo) So Digraceful!

Honestly, If It Were Posted Somewhere And Had A Purpose I Could Understand. It's Human Nature To Be Drawn To Things Such As That! (really Gross Human Nature) But To Spam The Boards Is Just Wrong!

17. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

PS... WHY CAN I NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS!
    TRUST ME I'M TRYING AND THOUGH LOWERCASE I CAN'T GET MY AGGRESSION ACROSS!

SORRY gratefulvegan THAT YOUR BOARD GOT HIJACKED BUT HONESTLY..................

18. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

It's cool dixie, thanks a lot for all your help. I didn't look at the pic. but I definitely have no respect for some dude who delights in that type of gore, and subjecting others to it who are unaware/ unsuspecting. If that is all you have to excite yourself, I'd recommend smoking copious amounts of mary jane or at least getting a playboy. Sorry you had to see that image...as a vegetarian especially.