Probably runs a bit past "Gardening"

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by FritzDaKatx2, Nov 25, 2019.

1. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

BUT I'm wondering if anyone in the U.S. can recommend a source for Industrial Hemp seed?
    Been working at a place that put in 50 acres only to find the seeds had not been "reliably feminized" (We'll see as they develop if they are in fact the industrial cousin to Mary Jane or not )

First season changing over fr4om cotton and they go with the whole 50 acres, not 1-5 just to get the hang of it first,,, Eh', not my $$, at least aside from what they pay me. :joycat:

IMG_20191119_094626.jpg

2. Do a check with your local council to see if you are allowed to grow it

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  3. FritzDaKatx2

They are but the seed company they ordered from sort of shafted them (and a number of other customers I hear as well)
    Just putting out feelers to see who may know what or where to find someplace with at least a 99% guarantee on seed feminization OR we're
    going to have to go the route of cloning, no small task for 50 acres,,, fun but a LOT of man-hours and a lot of the workers are from a labor svc / hardly know the weed from a weed. :grimacing:

4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you should be backing up the operation by feminizing your own seeds..... until now I was under the impression you didn't need to grow females only when growing hemp but it depends on whether you are growing at 4 CBD or for rope have you got a link explaining why it's necessary to plant female? I'd love to read it ....meantime get some silver nitrate feminized your own seeds it's easy

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  5. FritzDaKatx2

Yep, their target is CBD production, steering them towards how-to make Colloidal silver and hinting at the idea of "vertical farming" ala pallets on their sides and stacked 2 high to use as a nursery for the clones once we isolate a few hundred low thc bearing mother plants to trim from.

I love my "Job" :hearteyecat: