Pro wax video by DHHQ

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Devils Advocate, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. I just meant that you've had experience with someone that uses wax, so you're going to know more about it than all of these people who just hate it because the local dread gurus say so.

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

on those wax experiment vids was there a 1 following up on it ewith the disection?
    god they looked stiff sticky and gross and she did it according to instreuctions the non wax dread was progreessing perfectly fine with no palm rolling at all and looked 100 tims better
    i really want to see the final vid in the series

3. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Free speech is always the way. You don't defeat something by no-platforming it. The only way to stop people using wax is to have an open and informed debate on the pro's and con's of its use - which is tricky when DHHQ brooks no argument and refuses to acknowledge anything that contadicts them.

Search engine 'dreadlocks' and at the top of the list will appear Knotty Boy and DHHQ. It was 5-6 weeks and much surfing/information hunting later that I discovered this forum and also the Knotty Locks forum - both vehement and vocal on the anti-wax stance. Every other site I encountered either reeled off the same shit as KB/DHHQ, and in several instances they even quoted them directly, linked to them, and sold their products. If I hadn't spent the last 15-16 years around people with dreads and had dreads not featured so prominantly in my world, I wouldn't have had a clue when it came to growing my own dreads. Sites like KB and DHHQ would have been my first port of call for information, and i would have trusted that this information be true. I think this is the case for many, especially young people (no patronising meant), who may not know others with well-established locks that they can tap for advice.

By the time people discover forums like this one it is often too late and their new, tender dreadlings are already smothered in shite. What is the likes of SE supposed to say to them? Aww, there there. Never mind. You weren't to know... Or, tell them how it really is, tell them to wash that nasty shit off there heads, and never to use it again! :mad: Which do ya think?

4. soaringeagle

how do u define zero issues you meanb she hasnt had to cut them off yet? mold takes time to grow are they not sticky and stiff compared to yours? does she evere get them truly clkean to the core? how can uy be so sure? issues may not be aparent imediately to the eye
    the damage is at the core squeeze 1 and feel the stickiness hell feel it on her pillow.. i think your being defensive and refusing to even question wether or not she may have issies down the line.. disect a dread and tell me theres zero wax build up in the inside, only then can u possibly claim zero issues, untull you pull one apart and see whats trapped inside u cannot claim therres zero issues only that there may be zero catastrophic issues

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. That's pretty much disgusting. I wouldn't put that stuff in my hair if you paid me.

I'm just trying to say that everyone deserves to have their voice heard, and yes, I do agree that it's extremely important for people like SoaringEagle who are extremely knowledgeable on the subject to have their voices heard. We just can't discriminate against those who have, and tell them that they're wrong without having proper counterarguments.

6. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

I'm not sure, but would your dreads just keep getting fatter with the more wax you add, because it seems like if the wax kept staying, it'd have nowhere to go, and eventually, it'd just start to be too much for the dreadlocks and come to the outside.

7. soaringeagle

well by the time they look completely caked in wax u shouldrealize how dumb you wrre and start scraping it out
    but thick dreads can aparently hold a good amount, several jars wotrth before being totay wax caked

8. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. That's kinda disgusting. Doesn't seem like it'd even be possible to get it entirely out.

9. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Flag DHHQ's vids as advertising and see can we get them pulled. I wouldn't mind a bollocks if they would let you rate them or accept feedback, but the lack of any accountability makes them adverts IMHO.

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

its been 3 years.. "mold takes time".. lol..

you cant claim she has issues because you have never seen,nor touched them..
    you can make assumptions all you want but they are just that..

by the way, its INTELLIGENCE!! if your going to claim someone doesnt have any,you should at least know how to spell it.. ;)

11. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Done

12. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Are you genuinely as pig-headed as you are allowing yourself to come across? There are differences of opinion in this forum all the time, yet we are not constantly pouncing on each other with childish insults within just a couple of posts, as has been provoked in your case.
    Callie has been quietly and civilly stating an opinion similar to your own, yet no-one is calling her a cock or accusing her of trolling, even if they don't share her waxy views.

I presume I am not the only one here whose primary problem with you is your manner. I know I'm probably pushing a lost cause here but just wanted to check anyway...do you truly not see yourself to be even a tiny bit in the wrong here? You accuse others of being stupid, with great sweeping generalisations, but with each statement you appear to be unveiling more of your own ignorance.

Maybe you are in fact intelligent and just enjoy a little provocation. However, that is beginning to look unlikely. Oh well.

13. hippiehillbilly

what kind of moron would glob "several jars" of wax in their hair?
    dilli has a 4 ounce jar sitting here that has been used for 3 years and is maybe a 1/4 of the way gone..

like i said,people who have issues with wax are obviously overdoing it.

"wax doesnt fuck dreads up,people misusing wax fuck dreads up."

14. hippiehillbilly

oh so im being singled out because you dont like the way i present my point of view and that makes it all justified??

nice.....:rolleyes:

15. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

"Can't we all just get along?"

Maybe the reason that your girlfriend is having success with the wax is because she uses it so sparingly.

16. soaringeagle

truest sign yiur losing an argument and have nothing left to say you resort to attacking spelling this is yourt typical tactic.. everytime u start to lose an argument its what you resort to
    your so transparent

again i ask you, dissect a dread and see whats trapped inside, then and only then will u have proof it did or didnt cause issues

and if its been 3 years how sure are u really that theres no mold in there?
    u cant be sure without breaking it open

17. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wouldn't you be able to smell it or something if there's rotting inside of a strand of hair?

18. soaringeagle

your singled oput because u just dont know when to stop you derail threads and page after page it becomes an argument its all about im an asshjole look at me being an asshole pay attention to how much of an asshole im being..its never enough to simply state your opinion then go no you got to milk it for every bit of hatred you can get flung your way u love to destroy the peace.. now pleassae we know your opinionm we disagree who the fuck cares now go the fuck away and let us get on with the discussion instead of constanytly having to prove to you how big an asshole you are.. everyone knows it already youve proven your point.. no go the fuck away

ppl it will never end unless u complain directly to skip.. he needs to have his mod powers revoked anyuways so ppl can complaiun abouit him like they should

19. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Hey...back to that vid. Was I the only one dumbstruck by his solution to waxy-feeling dreads: yet another layer of product?!? He did say that right? I've only watched it through once and can't check it again right now. He told us to put a layer of dread butter over the wax? :confused:

20. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. Not to get in the middle of this, but SoaringEagle, you're just letting him win. He's a self-proclaimed asshole. Just let 'win' this argument, and don't drop to his level trying to prove him wrong or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.