Pro wax video by DHHQ

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Devils Advocate, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Good god, I wouldn't want an M&M sized blob of wax spread over my entire head, let alone on each dread!! Have you actually felt that sticky shit between your fingers? Would you really want to smear it over your hair??

The vast majority of people who visit this dreadlock forum (and the Knotty Locks forum) will tell you (and prolly proudly show you) that their crowning glories were grown and maintained wax free - either starting out that way or after much deep cleaning to remove the gunk they were misinformed into using at the start.

Whether or not wax helps or hinders or has absolutely no effect whatsoever is by the by. Hair does not need wax to dread. Not to start them, maintain them, or make them look appealing.

2. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

would that be 1 "plain" M&M per dread? I have only 14 dreads, other people have 100's, some of mine are as thick as my wrist, some are more like the width of my finger, some are 8 inches long some are 18 inches long.

But all that is besides the point, there are 1000's of unsolicited horror stories about wax, and even if we assume or a minute that they are all retards, should you still be selling a product that is going to destroy the dreads of a significant minority, if not a majority of the people who use it?

You can't come here with with an argument the basic premiss of which is "lol you is wrong and people are stupid because I know different" and then bawwwwww when people get pissed with you for gleefully ignoring the collective experience of dozens of people on this forum.

3. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

THEN WHY SELL THE SHIT??!!

Why include in it a "dreadlock starter kit"? Why make instructional dvd's on how to make dreads (Knotty Boy) telling and showing people how to wax? Why tell people how to deal with frizzies using wax when loose hair is part of the natural dreading process?

Companies like DHHQ and KB firstly sell people misinformation, then sell them a product to deal with the "problem" they have invented. Wax, gel, peppa... all for imaginary problems. An "oh by the way, you don't need them really" added as an afterthought is like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Unecessary products for dreadlocks is the entire purpose of their existance. If they really wanted to inform people they didn't need their shit they would be out of business pretty fucking quick. And if you can't understand that you need to go away, have a good long think about how a capitalist economy works, an re-join this thread when you're a little less naive.

Bye Bye.

4. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

It also ONLY on this new vid that DHHQ has ever said wax wasn't necessary. This is taken from their site's "how to dread - what you will need section":

5. A jar of DreadHead Dread Wax
    This is what makes it all work. It holds the hair together so it looks better while its locking up and it forms tight smooth dreads in less time. Of course we recommend our wax because it works faster, smells better and gives your hair the nutrients it needs to stay healthy and prevent breakage ( I know cuz I use it), but if there is no way to get ours and you'll have to settle for another, just make sure it does not contain petroleum. I hear toothpaste works pretty good too. Maybe....if you have a tartar problem on your head!
    : One big 7oz jar will last you 3 to 6 months! (comes with kits)

This is lies, lies, misinformation and lies from the opening sentence. And note also that at NO point on this instructional page does it say "what you MAY need", or "what you MIGHT like to try..."

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

as i stated,my old lady uses wax with common sense and has no issues.

i didnt come here with a arguement,i gave my opinion and because its different than yours you perceive it to be argumentative.
    thats a personal problem if you ask me.

as far as why push it if its not necessary,i could ask yall the same thing.

100% of what yall advocate on here IS NOT NECESSARY!!

salt sprays,deep cleaning solutions,oils,palm rolling,back combing,non residue shampoos,etc..

none are necessary, yet people do use them to get there dreads the way they want them..
    wax is no different..

like i said, get over it..

6. hippiehillbilly

where does that say wax is necessary??

IT DOESNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geeze get over it people...

7. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

I really don't understand why this bothers so many people.
    I do not regret how I started my locks. I backcombed and used wax as instructed. It helped hold the backcombed hair into place until it matured a bit. I stopped using it around 3-4 months..when they could stand up to washing on their own. Geeze how many folks on here have said "I backcombed and then washed...and they fell out"..well duh!!!!
    I have noticed from peeps on here that have had problems with wax...it was because they over waxed. I didn't use a M&M amount...I used less since I went for the thinner dreads. I really think the problem with wax is people thinking that if they use more then they will get locks quicker. Or they go to their local beauty supply shop and get wax that is just not intended for caucasian hair.
    This is just silly.

Just have to add that Johnny is one fine MOFO!

8. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Right!
    I used it to the guidelines, infact.. even less than told to!
    But after nearly a year of the one's I put wax in not locking up I cut off the waxy lower sections, this is what I found inside after cutting them open:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeh, it's obviously down to the dumb fuck over-using it in the first place.
    I say, bullshit.

9. hippiehillbilly

looks caked on to me..

way too over applied.

10. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Yes, you are right: all of the above are not necessary. What constitutes natural/un-natural dreading is much debated and their is no black/white as far as methods and products are concerned. However, none of the above listed are DETRIMENTAL to dreads to the degree that wax is. All in excess will fuck you locks - from too much washing causing mould, to palm-rolling weakening the roots. But time and time again, the no 1 reason people abandon their locks within the first 12 months is because of wax. Whether they used too much is not the point. They didn't need the wax in the first place. They used it because DHHQ or KB told them their dreads would look better, dread quicker, be healthier etc with it. DHHQ and KB lie. If they didn't lie they would sell jack shit. At no place on their site do they state: "actually you don't need any of our products at all, and if you do want to use a sea salt spray or a deep cleanse then you can make your own". And why would they? They'd be out of business if they did.

They may not tell you that wax is strictly necessary, they tell you it would be adventageous. In a society where people want insta everything - dreads included, they prey on peoples impatience and peoples ignorance. Backcombed hair is just that: backcombed. Backcombs are not dreadlocks. Backcombs glued together with wax are certainly not dreadlocks. Hair dreads by movement. Movement creates knots. Wax prevents movement. How is this ever good for dreading hair?

All hair dreads at different rates, but just as food for thought: I have 2 friends/acquaintances who dreaded their hair by backcombing and waxing at the end of last summer. I backcombed and did not wax my fine and poker-straight hair in December. My dreads are as far along (if not more so) then theirs and they can't understand the fuck why. 1 of these friends shaved his "shitty waxy locks" off his head last week :( so if I appear to have an issue with wax, this is why. (And yes, he did follow the instructions on the tub).

PATIENCE CREATES DREADLOCKS, NOT WAX.

11. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Not all in one go. Wax builds up and solidifies in the centre of dreads to the point where it cannot be removed. Follow their instructions of one M&M sized blob 2-3 a week (or even once a week) for several months and you will have one fucked set of locks. Especially if your trying to wash it out with one of their residue-free, sodium laurel sulphate-free shampoo's which are pretty shit at cutting through grease. Boiling water and fairy liquid might shift it - as long as you didn't follow their instructions and blow dry the wax so it melts into the centre of the dread.

Why bother. I mean, really, why bother?

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

well hhb you and dilli have never been known for your intelligence or niceness, you shit onm everything you come in contacxt with
    you say personal attacks are against the rules yet your the 1st to jump in with personal attacks
    ive had to hide in this forum for months now because uyour personal attacks lies and rumors started by you masde it too unconfortable to post in my otherr favorite forums
    scatteredleaves u asked who this rogue mod was that was causing probelems well here he is in all his glory, the supreme asshole himself
    the one too stupid to even realize why wwax isnt a good thing thge one too dumb to realizxe that things youi will need is the same as saying its nesacarary
    the 1 who comes oput trying to start a fight in every thread then claims to not be trying to start a fight
    the asshole whos only purpose in life is to prove what an asshole he can be

and the worse part of all being a mod when he personaly attacks u when he starts fights and causes problemns and derails trhread after thread with what amounts to im an asshole pleswse tell mer what an asshole i am so i have validation of my assholishness u cant report him unless u complain directly to skip and once he sinks his teeth inmto a thread u cant get him to leave it no mastter how many times u beg him to shut the hell up and go the fuck away

now back to this thread
    ive been meaning to make a antoi wax vid and i will very soon i hope tomorow
    and no dreadheadhq never alows negative comments on any vids
    ive tried ive also emailed them with no responces

this vid thopiugh is just proof that our efforts are workinmg and people are realizing the scam and returning products hopefguly with ther letter we wrote .. the wordss getting out and thewy are in deffensive mode.. its time to strike hardewr with vids of pur own
    inclusding some waxy headed ones.. pmeister u stil;l have wax after how long? u sghould make 1 too
    lets tripple opur efforts and get the whole idsea of dread wax out of the minds of all forever so idiotiic ppl like hhb's wife arent dumb enough to use it (how smart can she be she married an asshiole right?)

13. Callie4Strings

Alex you have posted pics in other threads where the wax was visible.."jizz in my head" I believe is what you said...that my friend was clearly way way way too much wax. So I wouldnt say you used it to the guidelines

14. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

If I'd realised this guy was a seasoned arsehole I wouldn't have wasted my breath arguing the toss with him. I'll know for next time. Thx SE :)

15. soaringeagle

the guidelines say put in a tiny amopunt.. then repeat weekly.. every tiny amount u put in is added to the tiny amount leftover it never comes out just gets worked in deeper it builds up.. clearly too much is depernded onlyy on how long it took u top realize u should have never oput any in to begin with

one time is clearly too much though sionce it will remain inm there till u force it out
    and.. since it never belonged in there to begin with

16. soaringeagle

its what hes most proud of being

17. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wqlf-veljg&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXzyYSQqJBo&feature=related
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56J0I0ZZDis&feature=related

Those are the Dread-Wax experiment videos. A lady takes two separate dreads, keeps wax on one and leaves the other natural, just to see the effect that the wax has on them.

You guys, this is a FREE SPEECH forum. So let HippieHillbilly share his experience with wax. I'm not saying that I would use it or recommend it, I'm just saying that he deserves to be heard just as much as all the anti-wax people out there.

18. Callie4Strings

ahhhhhhhhh you kids and all your conspiracies :)

19. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

:D

Yeah. He's one of the people that just lives to fight with people. It's pretty funny, actually :D

20. hippiehillbilly

lol,the only people i see arguing and being trolls in this thread is everyone who disagrees with me,once again,typical.

as i stated, my dreads are 100% natural. no back combing,no rolling,no salt water spray,no special shampoos,no oils or potions..

i also stated my better half started hers with wax and still occasionally uses wax as part of her maintenance and has had ZERO issues..

IMO, yall are making a mountain out of a mole hill. no arguement here,just a opinion..

but hey, if it makes you feel better to make me out to be some bad guy because my opinion differs from yours then go right ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.