Pro-Life

Discussion in 'Protest' started by renee, May 13, 2004.

1. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

I will "Open my mind" when I see a logical solution from the pro-lifers.:cool:

2. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

First of all, to clarify to otter, who as USUAL is taking comments out of context, I am NOT a "prolifer." I do not believe the solution to this problem is making abortion illegal.

Also, for the record, I am one of the multitude of women who DID get pregnant after an abusive boyfriend raped me. I now have a 10 year old daughter from that incident, and love her very much. When I found out I was pregnant, I was simply not *morally* capable of killing her - I believed - and still believe - that the creator of the universe creates life, and to needlessly destroy life is a crime against nature. I do not expect anyone else to believe what I believe, but I do believe wholeheartedly that abortion is MURDER of a human being, and that NO ONE has the "right" to murder anyone, ever, no matter the circumstance. No "pro-choice" individual has EVER been able to present an argument to me that proves that killing an UNBORN child is not *really* killing a child, so I continue to believe that it is, indeed, murder. As such, it is not only the "woman's business," but is EVERYONE'S business - IMO.

I do not regret not killing my daughter, though I certainly regret experiencing that kind of violence in my life, and even though I have had to work full time, sometimes at two jobs, while in college. It's also probably made me a bit overprotective of her. But I don't blame her for what happened to me, and believe that if I had killed her, I would be completely insane from guilt.

The "solution" to this problem, as I said, is NOT a legal one. The solution is a complete shift in our society - a complete shift away from a materialistic, death-centered, woman-hostile, child-hostile value system to one that values ALL life. Abortion is a SYMPTOM of a larger problem. Abortion is a symptom of the same affliction that causes homelessness, child abuse, violence against women, rape fantasy videos, destruction of rainforests, extinction of whales, torture of animals in factory farms, heroin addiction, and a million other miseries in our world. The DISEASE is a complete disregard for the value of life. And the cure is the destruction of civilization as we know it.

With that said, I honestly don't know anymore how to achieve a better society. I mean, I KNOW how, but can't achieve it on my own. I can't convince middle and upper-class americans to give up their cars or to live cooperatively. I can't convince soldiers to lay down their guns and stop shooting children. I can't create a mass movement toward respect of life on my own - and I don't know that there are currently enough of us with that consciousness to do it even in the numbers we have.

I suppose I'm not feeling very optimistic these days...

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

I completely agree with you. You and I seem to think very much alike about this.

You've convinced me. :)

4. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Great Protest in DC on every January 22nd. I have gone twice already with a school group. I'm going next year too. That'll be my senior year, and I don't know if any of the colleges I'm going to apply to will have a pro-life group that goes to DC. If not, I'm just gonna go myself, but if so, it would be great to hangout and protest with some like-minded people.

5. renee

renee Member

Awww, thanks lovely.:)

6. akhc

akhc Member

Primary pulmonary hypertension. Mortality rate for lady with this condition who attempts pregnancy and delivery is 50%. What would u do?

Lady with stage 2 ovarian carcinoma about to undergo treatment for it and finds out she is 6 weeks pregnant. Risk that cancer will become untreatable if u wait another 18 weeks if u want to get the fetus where it can live when born (still has a 50-80% mortality rate and a 90% chance of long term mental/physical disability when baby born at 24 weeks).

There are a ton of medical conditions out there that would make pregnancy questionable and could endanger the mom's life. Are u seriously suggesting that all these ladies have to take these high risks?

7. Jozak

Jozak Member

No, she is not saying that. I don't know what Willow's position is on danger of the mother, but she is talking about people who have abortions becasue they do not feel like having another child.

8. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

babies are useless. kill the little freeloaders. no not really. but a woman has a decision to make when she conciders that path. we should never scrutinize or belttile, judge those who have a abortions. doctors should be safe, regardless of their practice or others beliefs.methods should be changed to reduce damage to the uterus. cut it up flush it down yay. that's my two cents

9. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't see why not. Not saying that everyone should be forced to, but I don't see a big problem.

10. akhc

akhc Member

my point exactly.. all this debate about pro-life or choice should consider the fact that a fetus cannot survive by itself till 24 weeks. after 24 weeks it's a much harder issue.

as such I really think the risks that are being taken by the mother are hers to decide. if she wishes to terminate a pregnancy than surely it's her body and her choice in the case of early abortions. to be honest I don't see it as killing.. not until after 24 weeks.

11. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

I agree with you, akhc

12. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

There is just nothing peacful or loving about killing anyone, anytime. Regardless of other options, or whether or not the child could live outside of the womb.

(Though, if my baby was taken from me and not cared for she would not live, just like a fetus being riped from it's mother's safe womb - or cut up into little peice and then removed, or what have you - nature has placed that child in your womb and then into your arms for protection, because that is the only place that they will be safe and able to grow, so OF COURSE they won't live if you take them from that!!! Duh!)

Killing and/or stoping life from completely forming just doesn't make sence from a peace loving hippie point of view. It's senseless killing.

Spread the love around. Be peaceful and non-violent.