"Pro-ana" websites

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DiffKettleOfFish, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Moro

Moro Member

Hey, it's freedom of speech! I'm pro-ana and used to own a pro-ana group called the Forgotten Girls before it got shut down.

We're not sick, we see things differently. No one else could ever understand what goes on in our heads and we need each other.
    We don't force people to starve themselves. Everyone has the choice, it's our bodies, our choice.
    Its a religion almost, Ana's out goddess, she shows us how to live.
    ~Moro

2. violet_fairy_vixen

violet_fairy_vixen Member

It is very overwhelming to have an eating disorder. Yes, it is very sad, but most occasions no one will do anything to help these people. One of the best movies I ever saw was the movie of somethng Nancy with the female actress from Growing Pains who played the daughter. It shows the position of the anorexic person and the perspective of the loved ones at the same time. Speaking from experience though, it isn't easy to stop having an eating disorder. It's not easy to not think that you're fat no matter how many people tell you that , that you see every day. Just because, of how much damage other people did who said one little remark or nasty comment about your weight. I wish society wasn't based on just appearances and how much a person weighs or how thin they are.

3. Moro

Moro Member

there are warning on most pro-ana sites these days saying "Warning: This is not a recovery site. If you are in the process of recovering then do not view this site, it contains pictures and quotes that may be triggering" and stuff like that. My site had that...
    I'm not going to say that we're right to have these sites, nor that we're wrong, but eating disorders can make you feel completely alone, and we NEED someone to be there for us.
    ~Moro

4. Adgreyga

Adgreyga Member

thats good your sites say that, i actually kno this to be true since ive been on one before (for research, not for myself). but its a shame most pro-ana dont feel that "we need someone to be there for us" since the site is to pursue the disorder, not to recover from it...unless these sites 'need' to help girls learn new ways to kill themselves.
    not directed to Moro -i feel undesided about these girls, im sorry and hope for them, but at the same time i feel they're completly ignorant and really need help and i can also see how they try to justify themselves and can understand it and at the same time i really dont care for them because they just dont want to listen and its worthless, most of the time, trying to get thro to them, same as anyone else seriously stuck on an addiction, they just dont listen even if they want to so im just like fuck it.

5. anastasia

anastasia Member

they also have "thinsporation" pictures of models and celebrities that have their ribs showing. they use the pictures as inspiration and i just think its soo sad that these girls genuinely believe in this. i wish they understood that they dont have to hurt themselves to be happy. its so disheartening. but it is a free speech thing so theres really nothing to do about it- i hope none of them takes it too far- but how can someone honestly believe that what they are doing to themselves is good

6. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I am in a ed recovery group and there are so many young girls who are not trying to recover at all and are basically trying to turn it into a pro-ana group, it is very disturbing the things they say and believe and there is nothing you can say to change them. These people need serious help, an intervention. Most people that I know who are in recovery were never the way these kids are and I really don't see what kind of future they have when they are so conditioned and so obsessed even with professional help.