Privacy factor

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Duncan, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I am more or less out and don't mind much talking about myself, but I draw the limit about talking about what I do and don't do sexually. Anyone else here feel a bit put upon to answer personal sexual questions about what you do and don't do or have or haven't done ?

2. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

It somewhat depends on who I am talking to. I have some friends that I'll tell anything they want to hear, one or two probably more than they want to hear. I also have some friends that I know don't want all the details so I speak more in generalities. There are also those who I only tell things to if they ask questions.

In newsgroups I tend to be probably more open than if I were to be talking to the same folks face to face, one of the reasons that I use a pseudonym.

3. gertie

gertie Senior Member

at times... yes. there are times when i don't mind, but there are sometimes questions that just make you go "ack."

4. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

i don't go into GREAT detail about my sexual experiences ever. but i'll say whether i did or didn't, and if my friends ask questions after that i may answer them, but usually cryptically. don't get me wrong, i kiss and tell, i'm just not graphic about it.

i get pretty offended though when guys ask me "so don't you get craving for dick sometimes?" or "do you use sex toys?" or crap like that.

5. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

like snowdancer, it depends on who it is. Like this group here, I'll pretty much say whatever because, in most all likelyhood, we won't meet in person. I'll go into more detail here than I would if one on one with a straight friend who asks questions. I won't go into complete detail unless asked specific questions by said friend

6. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I, of course don't get that but I fully understand why this is so annoying. I suppose some of it comes from curiosity but it's none of their business. It definitly shows a lack of understanding of being lesbian IMHO.

7. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

yeah, but i usually say "dildos? nah, i find them just as silly as the real thing", that usually shuts them up. craving for dick...cocky bastards..

8. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I tend to be very private, and the blurt EVERYTHING out all at once, in the most graphic language I can, usually when drinking...

I have silenced an entire room full of people, once or twice...

;)

9. BrokenHunny

BrokenHunny Member

I guess some people are just really curiouse about the whole bi thing