Prince Harry with the Swastika

Discussion in 'People' started by Nimrod's Apprentice, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Megara

Megara Banned

yeah..ironic that once the RAF and the USAF started bombing the hell out of the nazis that hitler's advance in russia was stopped to a dead halt. Also, with the British and US removing the nazi's from North Africa, the NAZI's had to start to fortify France to protect themselves. Everything that happened in the war happened because of certain circumstances.

Helps that Russia was supplied heavily with US shit. They rolled into berlin on US jeeps and sherman tanks.

US maufacturing was the single biggest factor in WW2. US manufacturing was several times larger than both germany and japan. Once the US economy was turned into a war time economy, there was never any doubt to the outcome. The only question was how much of europe stalin would be able to enslave. Hence the necessity of Eisenhower pushing for normandy and not taking the more cautious british approach. The British cracking the enigma was also huge. It gave them a decisive advantage over Rommel in NA. My point of course being, that no one thing or nation was the sole cause for the Nazi defeat.

Anyways, all the allies defeated Hitler. Canada, US, Australia, ussr, us, britain, etc. It was really a group effort for the western theater. That was still only half the war, and i think the US contribution to that half of the war was as large as anyone elses. Then we have the eastern theater..and we know which side did most the fighting and forced the ultimate surrender of Japan. I dont think you can overstate the role of the US in WW2. Likewise, i dont think you can do that for either USSR, Britain or Canada.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Some theorize that the USA only entered the war in europe to prevent the russians from taking the whole place. The US didn't like the idea of europe dominated by the Russians. This would probably have been the outcome if the US. Britain etc. hadn't invaded on D-day.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

it most certainly would have been the outcome if we didnt do d-day. Thats just freaking scary. Thats why Normandy was the single most important battle of ww2. Stalingrad may of saw the turn of the war against germany. Normandy allowed the allies to win the cold war.

As for the US joining? It probably had something to do with germany declaring war on us.

4. BlackBillBlake

Yes thats true in a sense. But still, I believe the longer term objective was to contain the soviet advance into Germany. Britain did not have the military rescources to invade Europe alone or with help only from 'Imperial' troops.
    No doubt that western Europe owes 50 years of freedom to D-Day - but although it was a war against facism, I doubt things would have turned out as they did unless Russia had been quite rightly seen as a potentially much more dangerous enemy than Hitler's Germany, and without a sizeable Allied military presence in France and Germany, nothing would have stood between the Red Army and domination of the entire landmass of continental Europe.
    Probably, If this had been the outcome of WW II, Russia might well have won the cold war.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

churchill said that 'it was imperative that we shake hands with stalin as far east as possible.' Absolutely correct.

The US would have been in a huge hole if france and west germany were controlled by the soviets.

Thankfully, it all turned out well for the West. We can all thank each other for that.

6. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Note: He dressed up as a nazi, but knowing his family, he has probably met a few himself.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Churchill said a lot of things, most of them were fairly stupid to be honest....

8. Megara

Megara Banned

History seemed to have proved him right on atleast one occassion.

Guess being right just once makes you enough to be voted the greatest briton ever :p

9. BlackBillBlake

Like what for example did Winston say that was stupid?

10. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

it was in poor taste but i would give him a break...

hopefully he doesn't subscribe to nazi ideals...

11. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

People need to calm the fuck down...the world would be a better place if they did.

12. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

13. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Wait....isn't this a hippy website? you know HIPPYS peace, love tolerance that kinda thing.....

14. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Instructions: Walk out of house, walk to libary, get book on world war two, study hard

now i realise as an american the concept of walking may be a bit too much for you to handle so you can drive your gas guzzling SUV instead :)

15. BlackBillBlake

[​IMG]

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

16. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Yeah he's young and yeah it wasn't done to *intentionally* insult an awful lot of people (or least that's what I'm hoping) but he's NOT just a regular kid, so no he doesn't get to dress up and play like other regular kids. He's a royal, and whether he likes it or not, eyes are always on him...this was a really stupid move on his part. I really hope his advisors got the boot, since obviously they weren't doing their jobs. And to those of you who think it's time the world got over the swastika and the holocaust and so forth...I suggest you talk to some survivors and see what exactly they went through - I doubt it's something the world will ever get over. It doesn't matter what the swastika USED to represent....now it represents a frightening type of evil. Of course people want it banned. I'm sure survivors wouldn't really want it staring them in the face everytime they went out the door.

17. Insight_m

Insight_m Member

He obviously dresse that way because he seeked attention... And he got it, for example you people are chatting useless shit about him.

and as for America and Bush... That lil prick is nothing different to what Hitler was, but a slyer one. Atleast Hitler showed the people of Germany what he thought in an honest way unlike Bush who misleads his society.

18. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

Even though i hate to say it, he has the freedom to wear whatever he wants. even though i dislike him extremely, he has the right to do what he wants. to nimrod's apprentice, i did see a show about the swastika symbol. i heard how it's origins go back to ancient egypt. just mentioning it.