Prince Harry with the Swastika

Discussion in 'People' started by Nimrod's Apprentice, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

I just read that the European Union (OH WHAT YOU NEED TO ALL JOIN TOGETHOR TO RIVAL AMERICA! AND MAKE A ONE WORLD NATION ANYWAY YOU FUCKIN EURO TRASH SHIT FUCKS) wants to ban the swastika! After they saw prince Harry wearing it to a COSTUME PARTY. THe swastika is a symbol of our ancient past. Yea Adolf Hitler did screw it up by making everyone think its purlely a racist symbol, which if you know anything isnt. Hitler found that it has a profound effect on our psyche. Its a symbol used ALL OVER and if you have any idea of anything you know this! It was used to represent the sun, the ancient method of preparing fire, so much shit. Im sick of all this nanny panny crap. Hitler was a madman, he thought he had the power to commit genocide, to create a better world for mankind. HE LOST GET OVER IT. NOW YOU EUROS HAVE TO BAN IT! GOD DAMMIT FOR FUCKS SAKE! LEARN WHAT IT REALLY MEANS AND TAKE IT BACK! DONT LET THAT RACIST SCUMBAG WIN! YOU FUCKIN EUROS HAVE LOST ALL YOUR NUTS. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THE GREAT GODS OF OLD WILL SAY AT SUCH NONSENSE. Europe, Europe, Europe. Just because this spoiled brat of a fuckin kid you call a "prince" just so you can have some more nanny panny bullshit to get caught up in, wears a swastika armband. Maybe you should outlaw stupid spoiled princes instead. The swastika means alot to me. Maybe If I was my grandfather fighting against bullshit GERMANY that even LET HITLER FUCKING TAKE OVER Id think different. I cant wait till you fuckers all join into one country because of your EURO cash and we still fuckin own you. And you bow the fuck down to KING AMERICA.

2. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

An attempt at banning the symbol was made a couple of years ago. Germany currently has such a ban.

A couple of English legislators question the need for the ban; banning the symbol would only effect the symbol, not the evil it represents.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...print.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

But still, not the smartest thing to do, even at a private party. They say he has done some charity work, but still...this could have still been easily avoided with a little common sence.

3. The Other Guy

The Other Guy Member

It wasn't just the swastika, Prince Harry clearly dressed up as a nazi. It's easy for him to say it was just a stupid costume, he doesn't have to deal with the traumas that a lot of English people do.

Oh, and the swastika is now commonly seen as a nazi-symbol. You might not like it, but it is. It is only natural for Germany to outlaw them, as it's unrespectful to people who have fought in this war and suffered under this regime. Swastikas bring up memories of Nazi-Germany and World War II, and that's unnecessary. Anyone who is a bit social-minded will agree. It is not an insurmountable issue to just drop this symbol and stop reminding people of all the horrors they've experienced.

And about Germany 'being stupid enough to let Hitler get to power' and Europeans 'having to bow down to King America'... Didn't America re-elect Bush recently?

4. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

1. Alot of people for 1 reason or another actually agree with Hitler, hence why there is neo-nazism, so you're restricting a whole group of people right there.

2. It's a direct violation of free speech to ban something like that.

3. Yes it's been used as a bad symbol, but the cross has been used as a bad symbol by the KKK too, so we should ban that? Or communist symbols, millions of people have horrid memories of comunism, should we ban all those too?

4. Yea, we elected Bush again, at least he took down a dictator, not appeased one.

5. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

haha sorry for the insane post above. I was a little amped this morning when I wrote it. It is true though I mean the world should just realize the swastikas value and take it back from the Nazi party.

6. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

I do understand the Swastika, as we know it, is a backward version from those originating from India. Whatever its place of origin, Hitler and the Nazi party hijacked the symbol.
    The events of WWII is still recent. Living memory of the War and the Concentration Camps still exsist. The World, expecially in the West, will continue to associate the Swastika with the Holocaust.
    I don't think it will be possible to rescue the symbol from the Nazis. I don't want to try.

7. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

I have 4 words about Harry dressing up the way he did:

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!!!!

yeah, I said it. Move on with your lives people.

8. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

Even though a ban on the symbol would restrict the right of freedom of speech, the ban in germany is not 100%: it can be used for educational and artistic purposes. But, yeah, still it's a ban. But the EU never will ban it more that germany, they're too liberal for that.

9. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I think that it should just be left alone. Sure, it was a pretty thoughtless costume, but it was just a costume. people dress up like Hitler and make fun of him all the time. He obviously didn't mean anything by it. He was going to a party it's not like he wears it everyday.

It's not fair that he can't dress up and be a kid like everyone else.

10. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I agree with the above poster. If Prince Harry wasn't a prince, no one would give two shits about him dressing up like that. I think we pick apart celebrities way too much...they are human too.

The swastika was originally used by Native Americans in the US as well...I'm not sure which tribes, but I do recall reading it somewhere. Seems to me that the EU has their panties in a bunch and should really be concentrating on what's really important...like government cooperation.

The world has become WAYYYY to serious.

11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Whatever it may once have signified, the swastika has now become in the minds of the overwhelming majority a symbol of NAZI hate.

Symbols come and go - in themselves they have only a very limited value.

Perhaps new symbols could be devised to represent whatever it was that the swastika previously stood for.

I saw on the tv news yesterday the commemorative ceremony to mark the 60th anniversarey of the liberation of Auswich. It seems to me that Harry has grossly insulted the survivors of the halocaust, and many others. Really, the people that 'run' him should give him better advice. But actually, before the war, the British royals were quite keen on Hitler. Perhaps they still are.

12. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Oh dear, where to start. Firstly, swearing doesn't add weight to your argument, and just makes you look like an all American idiot. Get over your jingoistic egotism. Secondly, have some sensitivity to those who have been affected by it. I stood by two of my Jewish friends last night as they reflected on the 60th Anniversary of the liberation of Aushwitz, for them the swastica is a symbol of oppression and murder. It's very insensitive to ask them just to 'get over it'. You make a good point in outlawing stupid spoilt princes, I'm for abolishing the monarchy. And finally, no Empire lasts for all time, history's proven that time and time again. Enjoy your moment in the spotlight, I wouldn't give American supremacy more than a century....

13. Disarm

Disarm Member

It wasn't actually a nazi costume. It was the african front or something like that. Matching the party he went to. It was an african theme (more specific than that, but directly related to the costume), his costume reflected and suited the theme.

I'm not saying anyone should just get over what nazis did, definitely not, but I really do think that we need to leave it as a part of our history. Catholics wear crucifixes with their g-d being tortured on the cross, they don't go around sueing each other and being offended, we're remarkably selective like that. However I understand the want for a ban, people only use the swastika for art or educational purposes, otherwise it is to offend and express their allegiances- if I saw someone on the street with a swastika shirt I would take that as a representation of what they believe in, which can deeply offend many people. If it was in an art gallery or a textbook I see no problem, art is supposed to be controversial and explore controversial things. A costume? I don't see a 'nazi' costume, in theme, to be nearly as offensive because costumes aren't supposed to reflect who we are, they're to reflect on a certain type of person/thing, we wear costumes to be someone else, really.

14. Megara

Megara Banned

wasnt it a replica costume of rommel? That is very much a nazi uniform.

I do think this was overblown, but you would think that someone like harry would be smart enough not to do something like that.

15. Peace-Phoenix

It was a Nazi uniform, from their African brigades. The party wasn't an African theme, it was a Commonwealth theme. African countries are part of the Commonwealth, but there's no possible Nazi connection, except we shot a lot of them in Africa, which is always good....

16. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

its bad to where a swatsika when your the heir to england, the country we had to save cus the nazis were bombing them.

17. Mui

Mui Senior Member

Someones got america up their ass... theres no need to blame germans for letting hitler rise up... just look at america, they let Bush come to power... if you look at any countries history they are bound to have rulers who abused their power. Don't be such a typical brainless american :D.

I agree they should think about banning princes though :D
    That is one great idea.

18. Peace-Phoenix

Harry's not the heir to the throne, his father, Prince Charles is, and his older brother, Prince William, is second in line. Harry is third. Also I wouldn't over-state America's role or intentions in the Second World War. Essentially it was the Russians that turned the war in the Allies favour....

19. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I really hoped that Prince Charles would take Harry to Aushwitz for the 60th memorial ....and let him see and listen to some of the survivors....but of course he didn't:(

20. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

The boy is dumb. What surprises me is that some of the advisers etc. for whom the British taxpayer forks out millions a year didn't advise him better.

But actually prior to WW II the royals were quite keen on the Nazi's, esp. Edward viii (the one who abdicated).