Price Of Condoms - Cheap Or Overpriced ?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by nz male, May 12, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

You're missing the point. It's not about laziness. I'm saying that for some people, yes, that is too much.

Some people only have enough money to barely put food on the table. What if they don't have a car, they walk to work every day to make a sum of money that barely covers their ass, and there's no free clinic nearby. They can't enjoy their time off with their loved one because people like you think they're leeches of society? Maybe at the corner store they have a large pack of condoms for 20 dollars (and in my city, a box of 36 condoms is more like 25 bucks), it's a better deal than 5-6 dollars for three condoms. But not everyone has that kind of money to spend on contraceptives in one trip. So they shell out the money for just a few.

How can you say it's a bad thing to lower the price so that more government spending is lessened? Are you really that dense? Or are you saying that people who are unfortunate financially don't put value in their sex lives, or they don't deserve to enjoy life?

2. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Because if my Libertarian views we are going to disagree right off the bat about the role of government. But lets set that aside.

Convince me that a dick wrap subsidy would save money. I just don't see it. In America, we don't wear condoms because it feels good, that is the all time #1 reason. Laziness, irrisponsibility, naivety, ignorance, personal preference, fetish, are all much bigger factors in condom use, or the lack thereof. I'm sure there's a few poor saps that simply cannot physically aquire any type of condom, and if I ever meet one I will gladly donate a very large box. But they are going to be a super rare minority. I mean seriously...if there is absolutely no way you can't get your hands on condoms in America then I would highly suggest spending less time having sex and more time reading up on time/money management.

3. la Principessa

You're asking me to convince you? Read my last post. I'm not going to waste time reiterating everything I just said. That was me telling you what I think, I don't really care if you agree or not. Just stating my opinion.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

But what you're saying is based purely on emotion and relies very little on reality. It's not about me agreeing or not its about whether or not what you're saying has any validity. As I said, I would put my political beliefs aside, but what you're saying is just not accurate.

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Some of us are on much lower incomes than others & sometimes look for bargains we can afford & buy what we consider cheap.

6. la Principessa

Just because it's reality it doesn't mean it's right. That's all I have to say about that.

7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Compared to child support payments for possibly 25 years or so, it is a good deal. :)

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

To educate one child in Kentucky costs between $4,000 and $5200 per year.
    How many unintended pregnancies that result in birth happen in KY in a year?

I think wholesale condoms v. $4500 per annum is a great deal.
    And that is before any family support, jail or prison expenses, state money at the college level. Etc.

9. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

considering there are ways to get free condoms, store prices would have to be considered overpriced

10. dwight78

dwight78 Member

Condoms are expensive in the UK compared to what I was used to back in Africa where a 4-pack cost about 25 US cents

11. dwight78

dwight78 Member

At uni in the UK a 3-pack sells for £1 which is like $1.50 and I understand that's subsidized!

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Given that the alternative would run into lots and lots of money (especially if the sex act is just a socially - and mutually agreed - expression of lust) seems - on balance - a reasonable price to pay :)