price for an ounce in new york city

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by porkstock41, May 10, 2004.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i know, i know, we've had the thread about prices about 100 times, but i only wanna know this one price. so anyone that lives in new york city or buys weed from there, how much do you pay for an ounce? my girlfriend wants to buy one before she comes home from college and she's probably gonna get ripped off. i wouldn't pay more than $300, but it's way more expensive there than it is where i live.

2. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

fuck you Americans pay alot for weed. I wouldn't pay more then $150 Canadian an oz and i'd have to try it first to make sure it's damn good stuff.

3. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

Ya, you're blessed that you get Canadian weed for so cheap.

4. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

it also depends on the quality of bud.

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

Sorry to get off the subject but I'm probably going to NYC with my parents over the summer since I'm not going to Bonnaroo now. I wanna smoke in the Statue of Liberty. I know this can never happen, but it's a nice thought.

6. luv2behigh

luv2behigh Member

I live in the nyc area you can probably get an ounce of hydro for anywhere between 220-300
    yea i know its expensive compared to other places.
    It all depends on who you know and stuff.

7. porkstock41

how come you aren't going to bonaroo? cuz of your friend's parents?

8. Velouria

Velouria Member

Yea, they won't let her go anywhere cool at all : ( But the good news is my parents feel bad for me so they told me tonight that I can pick anywhere I want to go and they'll make a big vacation out of it. I would pick Amsterdam, but they wouldn't be fun with my parents around. So NYC it is.

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

Sorry to highjack the thread...but Moe girl what is TN like. I am going out there for the first time. I live in san diego and am cold when it is under 85. What is Missip. and TN like in AUgust?

10. Through the Looking

Through the Looking Member

NYC weed is expensive, but if you know the right people, it is some of the best pot in the world.

11. Tsubasa

Tsubasa Member

If you know the right people, you can get some of the "best weed in the world" anywhere. This is stated a lot in this forum. It gets old when people claim that their hometown or their hookup has the "best weed I've ever smoked! Holy shit!!1!!!" Yeah...sorry, it's just annoying. :-/

12. Through the Looking

Through the Looking Member

I don't think that is true. I have traveled extensively and it is very difficult to find certain strains in less dense areas, especially fresh pot. NYC gets regular shipments of high quality bud from BC and other areas in Canada. It also gets regular deliveries from Mexico and tropical areas like the Bahamas and Jamaica.

You can find good weed anywhere, but the best strains are only in big cities. Obviously places like Amsterdam get better weed than Montana.

13. TheFallenOne

TheFallenOne Member

Remind me if I ever go to NYC to stock up before I go and make it a roadtrip. I can't believe it's $200-$300 for an OZ! Geeze man, here in Jacksonville, FL, I'm payin' $100 for an OZ of mids. Damn the war on drugs! We just need to legalize the shit and we'll be straight. Hmm... I feel like playin' dope wars heh.

14. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

well to be fair I'm a Canadian, and I live in the the "Marijuana Belt" (as I heard someone call it once) of BC.

15. porkstock41

it's not mids though. it's great weed.

16. Velouria

Velouria Member

Welcome back Lynsey! To answer your question, TN and MS are usually really, really hot in August. What are you coming out here for? It really sucks here so I hope you're not expecting much. You should visit me thoughh...I can show you where some really great boutiques are, but I guess we will have to talk about that over PM so as not to piss anyone off : )

17. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Uh...

an ounce in NYC is $70 if you know the right people.

I paid $115 for one the other day. I could have paid a lot less, just didn't feel like it.

Haze can get quite expensive, up to $450 or $500/ounce, but... regular bud isn't that expensive at all.

18. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Hes not talking about regular bud, hes talkin about awsome bud. I wouldn't want to smoke the pot that I can get for $70 / O near NY.

19. porkstock41

well, she bought it.

she paid 350, which is a bit much if you ask me. she always gets pretty good weed though. she sold all of it except a quarter. she said it ended up that she paid 70 for the quarter. so that's not bad at all considering she usually pays 50 for and eighth.

20. porkstock41

70 bucks an ounce has to be some pretty schwagish weed.

or you must REALLY know someone.