Presidential Debate 2020 / effects

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TrudginAcrossTheTundra, Sep 30, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

There’s currently another debate going on whether this device is a neural interface (or stimulator) which prevents him from shutting up, or Trumps lace-front wig came loose during the debate.

[​IMG]

unfocusedanakin and ZenKarma like this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Did you get a chance to read this article?

Proud Boys celebrate Trump’s ‘stand by’ remark about them at the debate

Members of the Proud Boys, a far-right group that has endorsed violence, celebrated on Tuesday night after President Trump mentioned them during the first presidential debate.

Asked whether he condemned white supremacists and military groups, Mr. Trump demurred and then said, “Proud Boys — stand back and stand by.”

Within minutes, members of the group were posting in private social media channels, calling the president’s comments “historic.” In one channel dedicated to the Proud Boys on Telegram,
    a private messaging app, group members called the president’s comment a tacit endorsement of their violent tactics.

In another message, a member commented that the group was already seeing a spike in “new recruits.”

3. wrat1

wrat1 Members

While I understand the sentiment I certainly hope you understand that, that is EXACTLY the problem

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

No, I don't understand.
    It's time to call a piece of shit a piece of shit.

The truth is the truth, you can't coddle a bully.

Flagme15 and ZenKarma like this.
  5. wrat1

wrat1 Members

You dont cure intolerance with intolerance , you dont help the ignorant with ignorance. reacting with emotion and ignorance is what the bully looks for and validates the behavior

6. Balbus

Balbus Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

To me Biden should have said pointing a finger at trump

Is this what you want as a president – well you have to understand that a lot of people do – they are angry at a system that they think is letting them dowm – and it is – but this (point finger) and the Republicans aren't going to help – The Democrats CAN.

7. MeAgain

Ever been in a street fight? A fight someone starts and you know they will beat the shit out of you and possibly kill you? You don't tolerant that person, you can't enlighten them when you're on the ground getting kicked to death.

I follow Buddhism, Advaita Vedānta, Taoism, etc.I understand love and peace, but true violence is ignoring the facts.
    True ignorance is ignoring the facts.

Trump is a street fighter. He knows no rules. He'll pull a knife, he'll pull a gun, he'll hit you from behind, he'll ambush you, he'll attack your family...and we have seen he'll attack your country.
    You don't hug a rabid dog as he's biting you.
    You take him out or you get taken out.

Get in the sort of fight Trump conducts and you better learn the facts of life real soon or you're gone.
    No negative emotion is needed. The worse way to fight is when you're angry. But you better be prepared to meet fire with fire, coolly, calmly, and intelligently.
    Telling Trump to shut the f up is merely speaking in terms he can understand.
    In that regard it is a highly intelligent statement.

Tyrsonswood and ZenKarma like this.
  8. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Except a presidential debate is NOT a street fight your point is moot

9. ZenKarma

ZenKarma Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I normal times a presidential debate would NOT be a street fight, the point MeAgain seems to be making is that these days the rules ahve been abandoned and it truly was an ugly scene like a street fight. That's what I saw. You can't deny that.

Tyrsonswood, MeAgain and Balbus like this.
  10. Balbus

Just turning off the mic won’t work what I’d suggest although I’m sure they’d refuse is to have two studios so that mic and camera can be turned off while the other is speaking. I believe the next one will be town hall will it be podium or wandering (member Trump following Hilary around the studio) that can’t be allowed.

11. Balbus

Wrat1

That wasn’t a debate it was a shit show – I’ve had threads like that here sometimes (as have others) where I’ve tried to make a pertinent point only to have right wing trolls try to bury it in shit.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

so what your saying is the ends justify the means,? if so thats totally hypocritical

13. MeAgain

No, the ends may justify the means, they may not.

You seem to think that Trump will respond to tolerance, and love...really?
    Is this the path we used with bullies and dictators in the past?

You call me (us) hypocritical because we refuse to put up with Trump's bullshit.
    But isn't tolerating his behavior and not calling him out the epitome of hypocritical behavior? When we publicly tolerate bullies but speak out against them in private aren't we are being hypocritical in the worse way. We won't admit the bullying in public and won't stand up to it in public instead we shrink away as cowards in a state of weakness and submission, to lick our wounds in private and rant about how terrible that bully is.
    But we do nothing to combat it...in your words we tolerate it!

How hypocritical is that?
    We despise the bully yet we tolerate him.

Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  14. wrat1

wrat1 Members

How someone responds is totally out of your control what is not out of your control is your response, calling someone on their bullshit is much different than then telling them to "Shut the fuck up" sinking to someone else level is not the way you want the president to go

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

16. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Cmon its called confirmation bias and he is totally correct in that manner

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Seems to me Biden was remarkably calm, cool and collected in the face of an over the top barrage of interruptions from his presidential opponent. Trump was Trump to the tenth power, and to try to normalize it is insane.

MeAgain likes this.
  18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Confirmation bias see my previous post, awesome of you to further prove it for me THANX!
    And Trump was normal for Trump he did EXACTLY what he was expected to do..

Trump is a genius
    The Political Genius of Donald Trump
    He is a master manipulator, a political alchemist capable of transmuting calamitous errors into political gold. Even as he continues to lie and deceive, the president has seized control of the narrative, taking possession of the national microphone to saturate the public with his self-serving version of events.

And it’s working.

19. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

You are too quick. You managed to reply before I removed my post. I think, unfortunately, that if there were people sufficiently out of touch with reality that they think Trump is "savvy and making sound decisions" they might conceivably have had their bias confirmed by his performance. I'm surrounded by such people, though, and they've been making apologies for Trump's bad night.

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

To post 38:Wrong. He is a bullying, intolerant, narcissistic, lying, racist waste of a human being. My hope is that he and his criminal family end up in prison after he is voted out of office.

Tyrsonswood and hotwater like this.