President G. W. Bush comes out against bigotry!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Meagain, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i'm not really referring to this specifically, i've noticed for a while now that Bush's stock has risen since Trump took office.

I'm not really talking about my own personal opinion of him - don't get me wrong., I think Bush is going to easily go down as one of the most destructive presidents in the history of the US. He manipulated a terrorized but unified America into going into an unjustified war, he completely destabilized and radicalized a country that was previously stable and secular. He created a power vacuum that led to the rise of ISIS in Iraq and Syria. He committed American troops to a quagmire from which we may never escape and his political buddies profited from the whole thing.

and don't get me wrong with that either, i don't think Trump is any better. For all this talk about how he's anti-establishment, he really isn't. He may not surround himself with Washington elite but he surrounds himself with billionaire corporate elites who are just as willing to create instability in the world if it means money in their pockets. Lets not pretend his administration is any different or on some higher moral plane than the Bush administration.

So I don't think they're all that different.

with one exception - Bush is likable. He's a guy that most people can picture themselves hanging out with at a backyard cookout.

Trump is like the pompous creepy uncle that would have me seeking the protection of my boyfriend or pretending to be a lesbian with my best friend at a backyard cookout. He's a dick. He's not remotely likable.

and therefore, he makes liberals who spent the entire 8 years of the Bush administration hating Bush with every fiber in their being look at Bush now and think, "aww, he's so sweet." Because Bush is sweet compared to Trump. He hasn't had any personal scandals. He loves his wife. He may not be a decent dude, but he at least seems like he's a decent dude.

Whereas Trump can't even fake charm.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Dubya just said that he fears he will be last republican president. Well, if he means HIS and his dad's brand and style of republianism, I sure as hell hope so.

3. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Trump represents and interesting substitute.