President G. W. Bush comes out against bigotry!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Meagain, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ok...

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I feel some of you think I must apologize for posting political news in the political section.
    It appears to me that there are those of you who don't like to see me doing this kind of stuff...posting political news in the political section, and...shudder....expressing an opinion about it.

Bush 43 comes out of retirement to make a very thoughtful speech, especially for him, a man who has gone out of his way to avoid public exposure, and I dare to post about it in the politics section.
    And worse, I offer an opinion or two.

Bush 43's words seem to carry more weight than I originally thought.
    I hope that in the future all opinions and ideas are welcome on this site, and we don't fall into the habit of purposely ridiculing and purposely intending to stifle others free speech.
    If I, myself, have ever been guilty of that offense, I do apologize now.

3. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Who is saying you can't post politics or express an opinion? Does it even matter anyway, because last time I checked you were a super mod..

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I didn't watch the video but I saw on CNN yesterday at the gym they were singing his praises. I was really young during his presidency; young enough to have gone to war but they wouldn't take me with my good ole' criminal record. I had a habit of arguing with my parents at that point in my life and one time they called the cops because I wouldn't let them leave the house without finishing arguing. :) Well that is called 'False Imprisonment' is the short version. And the Navy and Army and Marines, Airforce, don't care for it. They can't give you a weapon if you have that crime on your record, because it's a form of assault I think. It's considered in the same class as assault and battery even though you don't have to actually hurt anyone to commit it. Anyway, I didn't go to war.

But during his presidency I was trying to get off drugs in the wake of the attacks on New York and also going to raves even though people were losing their lives over seas. I wasn't exactly a very cool cat. I was really confused, and I didn't take well to Bush's authority.

That said, I was impressed that he was being touted as anti-Trump. That's so bold!

2 people like this.
  5. The Walking Dickhead

Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Taking drugs and partying your youth away in New York is definitely the better option to Operation Shock & Awe. Be grateful that you still have legs.

I met a few Israelis in India around the same time you are speaking about who deliberatly got caught with drugs and went to prison in order to get out of being conscripted into the army.

And I'm sure Bush and Blair and Obama are heavily critical of Hitler as well, but that doesn't earn them any brownie points with me.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I wasn't actually in New York when the attacks took place. I live in California, but I definitely was defiantly partying my life away. I am lucky to be alive for a myriad of reasons, and I am thankful I still have legs. Sometimes I see guys at the gym who are amputees and it reminds me that I'm lucky to have legs.

Lol. I think Bush has turned it around though. He gets Brownie points with me for his speech.

7. The Walking Dickhead

And whoever wrote it.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Funny how libs like a mass murdering bastard like Bush when he says something that's in line with their own politics.

3 people like this.
  9. Pressed_Rat

Likewise. And Dubya (and his daddy) have always had far more in common with Bill and Hillary Clinton than anything remotely resembling conservative (ie. limited government) principles.

Funny, because during Bush's presidency the left absolutely hated Bush. Now they almost seem to want to ride his nuts, having seemingly forgotten all the evil shit he did.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Really? I don't see it. I see people liking what he said in that speech but that doesn't have to say much about what they think about him as a whole or that they're coming around to how bad they found him during his precidency

1 person likes this.
  11. Pressed_Rat

The only people pushing bigotry are the media who keep talking about it and giving publicity and airtime to people they claim are bigots. Seems like anyone who isn't ultra politically correct is considered a bigot these days.

2 people like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So there's no actual bigotry in american politics/with certain politicians? Another unnuanced statement ;)

13. Pressed_Rat

Not really. There's a lot of buffoonery and overall divisive rhetoric in politics, on both sides, but I haven't seen anything that would be considered bigoted by someone whose worldview and political beliefs are not the product of CNN and/or modern day public school system brainwashing. And that's not to say institutionalized and more covert forms of racism do not exist. I would say one of the most truly racist things, which liberals will not talk about, is the vapid, degenerate culture that has been marketed to blacks to keep them oppressed and in ignorance. Or how black neighborhoods all across America have been deliberately flooded with drugs.

1 person likes this.
  14. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Where were they?
    The conspiracy theory was that Saddam would use them on America unless they did something about it

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Liberal here, well I dont like the label because when people say it they say it with the same venom a KKK member says ******..but I digress, I'm a person others would label a liberal

And I will talk about those things all day because I 100% agree

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Did that Dubya Bush write what he read ? Some people thought he was so elegant . Not I .

17. psymon*

psymon* shadilay

How does GW look good by comparison? Everyone with a working voice box can say those lines.

18. The Walking Dickhead

He was a puppet before and he's still a puppet. The establishment don't like Donald Trump and this is one of their ways of conspiring to bring him down, because he's isn't toeing the line like he's supposed to.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Funny how some people are able to support certain aspects of an individual when they're right and criticize other aspects when they're wrong, instead of forming an opinion of that individual and then never varying from that opinion, even if the person in question gets it right from time to time, or conversely wrong from time to time.

But I suppose that's what liberal means: open to new behavior or opinions.

1 person likes this.
  20. The Walking Dickhead

I think that overseeing the murder of thousands of American civilians in a false flag, then using that to justify the invasion of a foreign state that was showing no aggressive behaviour towards any other state and committing genocide kind of invalidates a person's right to judge anyone else who has filled their shoes. 9/11 aside, let's not get into a discussion about that if you can't see that it was an inside job and consider my comment on the strength of the genocide in Iraq alone.