President 2008 Hypothetical Election

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Libertine, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

Suppose today was the election of 2008. Suppose the candidates were those listed in the poll. Who would you pick?

** Suppose two things were changed.

1) A citizen not born in the US could be elected.
    2) Presidential term limits were overturned.

I'd go with Russ Feingold.

Bill Clinton didn't do anything about the "War on Drugs" and pushed for NAFTA. He's too buddy/buddy with the Bush family, too!

Hillary...eh? I'm very unconvinced at her being a true "liberal". She actually supports the Iraq invasion and the Patriot Act.

2. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

Feingold, for sure. He's my favourite political person alive, and he's from Wisconsin. Hell yes. :H

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm sorry but i don't know finegold or anything about him other then to have vaguely heard his name mentioned and i don't off hand recall in what context.

the greens come the closest to representing what i'm interested in
    but nader, to put is simply, does not.

i'd vote for cameo, in a heart beat. if finegold is the guy who stood up and moved to, what was the word, gag, bush, in congress, yah, that was one heroic move and just maybe the kind of political chutzpah it takes to face down the tyranny of corporate mafia.

hillary is the only name on that list really that i can see, that i've both heard of for certain and don't either don't know or know more reasons to vote against then for.

somehow i don't think that's the list i'll be facing in '08. i'm not saying i know what that list will look like, but names we haven't heard could actualy emerge winners on it.

i never heard of kennidy (jfk) two years before his nomination, and when the movement to recall davis was first getting underway, i certainly never immagined ahney was even contemplating running. so there's a real chance there will be names on that ballot neither of us have as yet heard of.

and i may very well vote for one of them.
    or i may actualy vote for hillary.

=^^=
    .../\...