Pregnancy question

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by cosmicreation, May 17, 2004.

1. cosmicreation

cosmicreation Member

Okay, I have a question. I don't know if anyone will be able to answer it or not. I usually have very irregular periods and I had one last month that was very light and painful. I usually only get them every 3-4 months but lately I've been feeling very exaggerated pms symptoms. My breasts are extremly sore and swollen, it hurts even to walk without a supportive bra on. I feel pregnant, I don't really know how to describe it. I've put on a little extra weight in my stomach and I'm really bloated. I thought for sure that I was pregnant but I started bleeding today. I'm worried that if I am preganant that I had a miscarriage. I need some advice. If I am pregnant this is a bad sign isn't it? I would be around 3-4 weeks. I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative but taking friend's advice and experiences and know that they can be very inaccurate.

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

go to your doctor and find out for sure by getting blood work done. It isn't unusual to "spot" a little during pregnancy but, it doesn't mean somethings not wrong. If your bleeding alot that could mean miscarriage... especially if you have hard cramping. Tender, sore breasts sounds like a big pregnancy give-away. Hope all is well and let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

3. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Home pregnancy tests are the same urine tests used in doctor's and midwives offices. They are extremely accurate. (Around 99%.) Occasionally they are inaccurate, but not often.

It sounds like you have some type of hormone disorder. Infrequent periods, pain and now this experience. You need to see a health care professional, it may well be something very treatable. Don't guess if you may or may not be pregnant, your doctor or midwife will do bloodwork that is 100% accurate, as well as an internal exam to tell if you are pregnant or something else is going on. You may well have a fibriod or other uterine problem. Nothing to be messing with without health care help.

Please see someone before you bleed too much or the problem gets worse and you become very ill.

Maggie

4. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

Maggie is right! You could have uutrin problems and that is seriouse go get checked out ASAP!

If you want a test either get clear blue or First Respons they both let you know a week before your missed period....

5. Cre

Cre Senior Member

Tender breasts and bloatedness are the main symptoms I had through each pregnancy. With my first daughter (currently pg with kiddo #4) I took 3 home tests and all were negative. I bled/spotted for weeks with my second and third kids. So it doesn't necessarily mean you miscarried. Miscarrages are usually accompanied with cramping and lots of blood and some clots.

I agree with everyone, go to the doctor and get a blood test.

Good Luck!

6. cosmicreation

cosmicreation Member

I've already been to the dr for my irregualar periods and she has me taking progestorone every 3 months if I don't get my period naturally and I've only had to take it twice. I am in the process of getting a hold of her about blood work but she hasn't called me back. I'll update once I know what's going on.

7. cosmicreation

cosmicreation Member

It's been a while but I thought I would update everyone on what was going on. I did have a miscarriage but I'm pregnant again. About 3-4 weeks, so I hope this one turns out alright. Also, since I have low progestrone levels, like a lot of my family does, if I go by home pregnancy tests I won't know until 3-4 months so they aren't accurate on me.

8. litlmamaluvsbabies

litlmamaluvsbabies Member

well . . . . i dont know how to say this nicely, but come on.

"i think i had a miscarrage"????????????????????
    sorry but miscarrages are one of the most painful things a woman can experiance, and you would have had a lot of trouble, and had to have to see a doctor. you seem to not sound so scared!!!!!!!!!!!

how old are you? do you even know what your in for?
    be careful

9. cosmicreation

cosmicreation Member

How old am I? I'm 20, and yes I know what I'm in for. Obviously you don't know very much about miscarriages b/c it depends on the person and how far along you were. My doctor told me that almost every woman has had at least one miscarriage in their life and didn't know it. And yes, mine was very painful but not as bad as it would have been if I was further along. I thought that it was just a fucked up period but I was wrong obviously. What should I be afraid of? I'm terrified about a lot of things going on with me right now but I'm not gonna focus on that emotion. I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now. It sucks that I had a miscarriage. My fiance cried with me when I told him. I'm scared, excited, nervous, anxious, and so many other things about being pregnant again. I mean, what if I lose this one, what if I can't ever carry a child? It's a life changing experience and I'm sure everyone knows that.

10. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

Not all Miscarriages are painful. And What does her age have anything to do with whether she knows what she is in for???
    I was 19 with my first and knew what I was getting in to. depends on the person and shit. Oh and I should mention that I have a second child as well. They are 2 years and a month apart. (ANd Im ONLY 22.....my husband is 25) AND yep we know/knew what we were getting into that is what happends when you have sex....protected or not...

She obviously saw a Dr. Hence him confirming that she might have had one. And since she is pregnant the Dr would have a hard time fguring out whether or not she actually had one since well her Uterus is, Occupied.

CONGRADULATIONS on your pregnancy!! I wish you alot of happiness and a short delivery!!!(And Labour lol) Don't forget to not hide your hormonal emotions(Alot of women think they have to...:S) They are the best!! I bawled my face of at EVERYTHING got pissed off at the smallest thing it was a ball!! lol My husband said he preffered me pregnant then not lol(Apparently Im a bitch and didnt know it lol ;)

11. Maggie Sugar

I have worked with womyn who have had almost painless miscarraiges. I am sorry about your miscarraige. Do they have you on Progesterone to help with the pregnancy? I have worked with a number of mamas who have carried to term, only with the help of Progesterone treatment.

I hope this pregnancy goes well. I also had a "Maybe miscarraige" and my first miscarrage was almost as painful as childbirth. The next one was just a like a bad period, it didn't even occur to me I might be pregnant until I didn't stop bleeding. I completely beleive you are really going through a bad time.

I hope you and your baby are well.

12. cosmicreation

cosmicreation Member

I am on progesterone to help out. I'm still scared and I have to go in more than normal to get checked and everything. This runs in my family and it freaks me out. A lot of my aunts have gone through the same things I'm going through so they are here for support and that helps a lot.

13. Maggie Sugar

A good freind of mine went through this, too. She miscarried about 3 or 4 times before they finally put her on the Progest and she easily carried to term. She was really scared, too. But things went really well for her on the hormone.

I have miscarried twice (not due to progesterone, just regular miscarraiges) and I always am scared when I am pregnant until I am past the point where I miscarried in those pregnancies. That is normal. Scary, but normal to feel that way.

Try to take it easy, take your Progest and any other meds you are on, get enough water and rest and visualize a healthy baby.

We'll be here for you.

Blessings.

Maggie (Mama to four and Lactation Goddess. LOL)