Precum

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by jen910, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jen910

jen910 Senior Member

Do all guys produce precum and everytime? What exactly is it?

2. filterofsyntax

filterofsyntax Member

3. flake

flake Member

no..... thats wrong.... precum is the emission of semen without the male even knowing it... its not large amounts... just a tiny spill, not alot of men do that..

4. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Yes, ALL males produce pre-ejaculate, it's a small amount of cum before the actual orgasm. And yes, it can make you pregnant, it contains sperm.

5. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

Yeah it happenes to every guy every time, most just don't notice it. It's to clear the way for the real thing.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

What I was taught in Sex-Ed (I had 4 years, ain't that crazy). Is that it isn't cum just some of the ingredients (mostly calper's fluid) and it sometimes has sperm but not enough that it really matters. There is a very slight risk that you can get pregnant from it. (I think it's under .001)

7. flake

flake Member

its cum. Thats why the "pull out" method is not effective.

8. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I hate to tell you this, by they're wrong! Here's an excerpt from a professional:

Pregnancy can happen even if the guy pulls out, if he doesn't ejaculate, or doesn't put his penis all the way in. Here is why: when a guy gets aroused, he produces a fluid called pre-ejaculate (“pre-cum”), which can contain sperm - although sperm isn't produced in this fluid -- this fluid can be higher in sperm count if he has just had sex or masturbated earlier in the day. (Some sperm might still be in the urethra). When the fluid leaks from the penis before a guy comes, it can cause pregnancy.

9. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

but it is mostly stuff from the prostate, with some sperm

10. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

That's what Cole said he was gonna do and then I told him you can't just do that cuz I can get preggers from that pre cum....

11. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

How sexist to believe that all men have orgasm upon ejaculation.

12. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

*Perks up*

How interesting...men can have ejaculations without orgasm??

13. Duncan

I am totally shocked at the number of educated women who believe that ejaculation is synonymous with orgasm. Orgasm is a mental and emotional phenomenon that USUALLY or OFTEN occurs with ejaculation. In caucasian males it can actually be physiologically seen by skin discoloration turning pinkish to red. While most healthy men experience a feeling of well-being after ejaculation, I would venture to say that most do not experience orgasm.

And BTW orgasm isn't always an experience that everyone should shoot for (no pun intended). It can sometimes constrict the blood vessels for too long a period of time and cause a CVA or stroke.

14. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

No, it is not, and I don't know where you got this (mis)information, but you shouldn't spread it.

Pre-ejaculatory fluid (the real name for it) is NOT the same as semen, it is a fluid that the prostate produces (90% sure it comes from the prostate) that provides a protective environment for the sperm that will come later.

I have heard that it can contain sperm (hence, a pregnancy risk) but that's probably due to factors like, the guy may have gotten close already, or may have had a recent previous orgasm.

I can't say that all guys have it, and I can't say that I notice it every time. It kind of depends on how long you keep your erection before finally orgasming. If I keep it going for a long time, I end up seeing plenty of pre-cum.

-Jeffrey

15. peacefuljeffrey

Thanks, you reminded me... it's COWPER's gland. And the rest, you are absolutely right.

-Jeffrey

16. peacefuljeffrey

Dude, I don't know where you got all this mumbo-jumbo.
    The generally accepted notion of "orgasm" is ejaculation combined with that tingly reallllly pleasurable sensation, centered in the penis and groin but potentially spreading farther than that. You talk about it as though most men are achieving a sexual ejaculation but not an orgasm. I think that's mistaken.

Also, I have never had a noticeable flushing of the chest that they talk about happening with ejaculation.

Do you realize that first you said orgasm USUALLY or OFTEN occurs with ejaculation; and then you said you'd venture to say that most men don't achieve orgasm... :H What's that all about?

My understanding of this differs from yours, apparently.
    Could you back up what you're saying about this distinction between orgasm and ejaculation?

-Jeffrey

17. Duncan

" Sexual Arousal Cycle" *

<B>
    1. </B>Excitement Phase

• Vasocongestion
    • Erection
    • Increased heart rate
    • Partial testicular elevation and size increase (Tumescence)
    • Nipple erection
    2. Plateau Phase

• Further increase in penis tip size and testicles
    • Full testicular elevation
    • Purple hue on corona (although not always)
    • Cowper’s gland (pre-cum) secretions
    • Hyperventilation
    3. Orgasm Phase(Consists of Emission & Ejaculation)

Emission

• Sperm and fluid are expelled from the vas deferens, seminal vesicles and prostate gland, causing seminal fluid fluid to collect at the base of the urethral bulb near the prostate.
    • Myotonia – muscular rigidity just before the release tension
    • Blood pressure and respiratory rate increase further.
    Ejaculatory Inevitability (point of no return) There is a consciousness of imminent ejaculation.

Ejaculation

• Bladder sphincter closes tightly
    • Rhythmic contractions of the prostate, perinial muscles and penile shaft propel semen outward.
    • A slight clouding of consciousness

4. Resolution Phase

• Erection loss
    • Testes descend and scrotum thins
    • Reversal in myotonia and vasocongestion
    • Reduced heart rate and lowered blood pressure.

18. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I don't think you understand this. It backs up what PJ says

19. peacefuljeffrey

EXACTLY, Duck. I was about to say that. :p

Besides, Duncan, I was already familiar with that cycle.
    The only thing is, if I'm not willing, I'm not subject to part I of the Resolution phase. :D
    All I have to do is stay psychologically aroused, and I'm there, baby!

-Jeffrey

20. Duncan

How nice... for you :)