prebook hotels or just wing it

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Mongerboynyc, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mongerboynyc

Mongerboynyc Guest

hello again,

i was thinking about possibly prebooking hotels prior to my arrival. fyi i will be coming from usa.

i know i probably could get better deals if i were to just book right now before i arrive. but we thought it would be more exciting if we were to just go.

would this be a bad idea ? as in we may have difficulty finding a hotel room. aslo would it be more expensive ?

i'll be there around feb. 28th - march 8th.

any advise would be appreciated!

2. hippie_geek

hippie_geek Guest

I would strongly suggest that you pre-book at least a month in advance.

I just got done with finding rooms for only two nights in Amsterdam and I have to stay at two different places because of availability! If you want to wing it, I bet you would find a place, it probably wouldn't be any place you would want to sleep though.......

3. Mongerboynyc

Mongerboynyc Guest

Do u think it would be at all possible to get a room for 2 people for 3 and not get caught ?

4. matty223

matty223 Member

If you get caught you wil be asked to leave the hotel , i would just get a triple at the Hotel Abba of just do a hostel if your looking to save money

5. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Its mad don't even think about getting an extra guy into a hotel in the dam.
    the know all the tricks. accommodation is cheap enough. as Matty223 said you can go for hostels. its even cheaper..