Prayer

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Total Darkness, Sep 24, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I prefer guided meditation to prayer. Prayer just never did anything for me. The prayer of St. Francis is good however; I don't mind that one.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
    Where there is offense, let me bring pardon.
    Where there is discord, let me bring union.
    Where there is error, let me bring truth.
    Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.
    Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
    Where there is darkness, let me bring your light.
    Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
    O Master, let me not seek as much
    to be consoled as to console,
    to be understood as to understand,
    to be loved as to love,
    for it is in giving that one receives,
    it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
    it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
    it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life.

themnax likes this.
  2. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I'll bring you to your knees an awe at being able to have the full power of a god because they didn't publish those things for some reason when our skanners pick up that you are allowed that. You'll fall into deep depression when they can't give credit for all your hard work and handouts from people that took off 3 days to volunteer time from his family to feed you to God an only God Jesus's name where all his power is Knowhere else gets 3rd place... nobody's even there for second..
    Blah Ha
    And when you Sin you powerless idiot it's your fault all the way to he'll even though I keep telling em it's been closed since the tartar us days! I wasn't even in your state that day I was in Georgia for the final battle against... they called themselves "the boy you gotta pretty mouths done did it 5 times before brwakfastisis" We won of course, but I let him keep it. Poor kid brought a rock to a machine gun fight. The powerful Lucasfilmarians are 2 fer zeroth foxed... No sublimes Timothy... they won't know what it means they haven't had TV or Radios in 30 years cause they kept chucking em at each other when they ran out of... Yeah Jack, but Meme it Einstein if your not 100% correct...

Uhhh Bwah hah

3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

As a kid and maybe even a young adult I did in times of desperation.......not recently though.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

mostly harmless, and any positive, responsible, and mutually beneficial activity, can in some sense be one.
    in many cultures, music and even ritualized dance, are forms of prayer. even in some, THE form of prayer.

"an act performed in the spirit of service" i believe were baha'u'llah's words or close to it.

for me, i believe in the unknown being unknown. that does not mean it has to be empty.
    the universal wonder of strangeness does not have to be a god's cloak of invisibility.

so i don't even know, what if anything i'm praying to when i do,
    but i do wish whatever gods and goddesses there might be,
    the same happiness and well being i do for what is tangible and capable of being known.

a spell is a prayer is a spell is a prayer is a ... setting up the subconscious to be receptive to interacting with the unknown,
    and just possibly influencing probability by doing so.

everyone has their own take, and with the unknown being unknown, no more likely to be right or wrong then another.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm not a disbeliever in the possible existence of anything, but rather a believer in the unknown being unknown.

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Surely you can think in several dimensions at once . One of which may be of silent prayer , and to which
    people will listen in . Damn though , some people hear what you're thinking and understand it so stupidly .
    It's maddening .

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Asmodean likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

8. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

4:28...

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider