power metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by Barbuchon, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

no one here is into power metal stuff like Blind guardian, Avantasia, Symphony X, Hammerfall, Helloween, etc... ?!?

2. DaRkWaRiErX

DaRkWaRiErX Member

its too powerful for me

3. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

Hell yes! love the stuff. Although I lean more towards Battle Metal than Power (Manowar, 3 Inches of Blood etc)

4. DaRkWaRiErX

DaRkWaRiErX Member

thats because...you guessed it...your gay

5. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

The 11th Commandment: Thou shalt be silent until thou can think of original insults

6. DaRkWaRiErX

DaRkWaRiErX Member

wow your gay

7. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

I say that Sonata Artica is quite good .

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, I really loved it a few years ago. Well, I still do, but I don't listen to it very often anymore. The bands you named aren't really my thing, allthough Nightfall in Middle-earth is a great album and Helloween's also ok. Hammerfall does have a few good songs but I can't listen a whole album of them.

9. Laura-the-flowergirl

Laura-the-flowergirl Long haired child

Well, I like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius.. I'm not very good at genres, but I guess that's power metal.. :)

10. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

the fuck is that man... coming in topics just to give none-senses shits just for the stupid fun of it. get alive man, leave us mature people talk alone.

yeah I think Sonata Arctica is one of the best band ever, I especially like that song The End Of This Chapter.

listen to Avantasia - Avantasia, I'm sure you guys would like it.

11. Prince Astaroth

Prince Astaroth Member

Oh yeah, that's like my favorite music. Power Metal, New Age, Viking/Folk Metal, Black Metal,Classical, Bluegrass, and Heavy Metal. I never really liked Death Metal much though.

Here are my favorite bands:

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Helloween, Hammerfall, Fintroll, Wintersun, Rhapsody, Steel Attack, Sonata Arctica, Falconer, Ensiferum, Gamma Ray, Equilibrium, Warlock, Emperor, Borknagar, Gorgoroth, Saxon, Running Wild, Tyr, Elvenking, Avantasia... well there are ALOT more but that's all that I can really think of right now. That's just awesome though, I didn't think that many other people liked this kind of music.

12. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Not much of a power metal fan. Never got into it, I don't hate it, though.

I prefer black/death/doom metal. And just.. uh.. metal. Anything that isn't hair metal or metalcore.

13. Asmodean

I don't like Avantasia very much. Same for Sonata Arctica, although I only have the album Silence of them and I don't know the other stuff of them really. I saw them live as well. The music of bands like Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius (which doesn't sound typical power metal to me, by the way, just like Symphony X) and Avantasia just doesn't really get to me.

Rhapsody is one of my favourites, especially the first 2 albums and I dig Luca Turilli's solo albums as well.
    One of my favourite power metalalbums is Athena - Twilight of days, it has such a pure sound. Another is Drakkar - Gemini, despite the horrible italian accent which has actually quite his charme I think. Too bad that singer left the band after that album, I liked their first album as well. The 3rd album was very bad in my opinion. Check Gemini out!
    Dominé is also a power metal band I'm really fond of. However they have really power metal vocals (also with italian accent), their riffs sounds quite atmospheric black metalstylish at times. Their song Champion eternal is really worth checking out, but I like the two latest albums even more; Dragonlord (tales of the noble steel) and Stormbringer Ruler (Legend of the power supreme). They have a very typical style, but it really sounds as power metal. Funny all these bands are from Italy. :)

Hm, I think these are all my favourites, of course I like more, like Gamma Ray, at times Grave Digger and even some happy tunes of bands like Freedom Call.

14. Prince Astaroth

Prince Astaroth Member

Freedom call, Athena, and Domine are P.I.M.P.

15. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I like some power metal bands... Sonata Arctica have some nice songs, as well as Blind Guardian and when I'm feeling ready for an overdose of strings and choirs even Rhapsody or Luca Turilli (Rhapsody's frontman solo) may be heard wailing through the room.

It's fun to do you know. You should try.

16. hailtothekingbaby

Nice! :) Have you heard Keep of Kalessin? If you like Gorgoroth's 'Pentagram' I'm sure you'll like them. Frost from Satyricon and 1349 plays in it too.

17. Asmodean

I liked Through times of war very much, that's the kind of black metal I appreciate most.

18. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

Satyricon just fucking rock! I'm really into their stuff but they have their own style it's weird like medieval black metal or something whatever you could call it. They have their own sound.

19. Barbuchon

Barbuchon Member

Has anyone heard that song called life's just a fairytale (if I'm right)... by Edguy.

20. hailtothekingbaby

Er... seemed that what I thought was Keep of Kalessin's 'Agnen: a journey through the dark' (reminds me of this Blind Guardian song...) on my MP3 player, was actually Azaghal's album 'Mustamaa' (it only showed the bitrate on the display and I'd forgotten what I'd uploaded on it). So forget the comparison between KoK *giggle, he said cock!* and Gorgoroth. :D Keep of Kalessin is actually much more epic and a good deal less raunchy. I can still recommend it even though it sounds completely different from what I thought.

Satyricon is one of my favourite bands. It took me a while to get into their new, very modern, disciplined, decidedly non-epic style in comparison to their first three albums. 'The shadowthrone' still stands as my favourite but I'm not as repugnated anymore by the new sound. I have to say it sounds colder than ever!

Anyway, the description about Domine sounds nice, I'll check them out!