POW torture could sink Bush's ship!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by jesuswasamonkey, May 8, 2004.

1. Megara

Megara Banned

dont you think thats a tad unfair? I mean come on, bush is a human just like the rest of us. I'm sure he was shocked as the rest of us at how grotesque it was. Bush isnt hitler, as much as some people portray him to be

2. osiris

osiris Senior Member

actually it is no secret that the bush's have all been member of the skull and bones fraternities at yale. the founding fathers themselves were freemasons. there is a book called "the history of freemasonry" that has lists of all the people that were, so yes, they do keep records. now, it is true that i cannot know what the intentions of these societies are, really, but that is the crux of my point.

history has been recorded on all sides, by all parties, much of which is contradictory, all of which is surely euphemised. what is fabrication and what is truth. a comprehensive view of it all gives us only confusion. my intuition and my common sense in having dealt with people in general tell me that the rich have no interest in the well-being of the lower classes except for insofar as they can be used to further their wealth. again i am reminded of Animal Farm. The pigs, oh, the pigs. lol.

much love :)

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You cannot only label the rich as "pigs". The poor have no interest in the rich, or in the poor as well.

It is human nature after all, personal survival is always, always, always first. The rich only care about the poor when it benefits them, just like the poor only care about the rich when it benefits them.

4. osiris

osiris Senior Member

hm. i think you are over-generalizing "human nature", as so many often do. were it not that i had seen people give the last of what they had to another even when they were in sore need of it themselves, i might believe you. but experience has taught me otherwise. and i di not mean to imply that the rich were all pigs, or the poor were not, but that the "democracy" we have worked so hard for has been subverted and is being manipulated by pigs, much like in Orwelle's novel.

have you ever read Orwelle's Animal Farm? If not, it is worth picking up, because it is such an easy read. if so than i think you ought to understand the analogy I am using herein.

not that i insist that you should agree, but that you should better understand what i am trying to convey.

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I have read Animal Farm and clearly understand your analogy.

But, even the pigs used to be "poor"...

I agree... the Democracy that we now have is dominated by the rich, but... if the poor would be given a chance to dominate, they would without thinking twice.

People only give everything they have up for people they truly love, and consider a part of them.

6. osiris

osiris Senior Member

"People only give everything they have up for people they truly love, and consider a part of them."

EXACTLY!

so why should our well-being, the well-being of the "society" in which we must all choose to participate, be entrusted to the insulated "elite"?

and, like i said before, i had no intention of implying that the poor would not cut throats to become rich. And every human being, no matter their social status, is NOT like that. I would not even call it a majority. And who knows what any given individual will do in any given situation involving any given cirumstance?

i have taken all of these things into account.

but i don't see how voting for these insulated millionaires, whose campaigns are paid for by other insulated millionaires, as opposed to having people themselves vote on the laws to be passed, constitutes a democracy. Nor do i see, given the situations and the circumstances, why these individuals would care about the well-fare of the people, though i can most surely understand why they would want those people to think that they do.

7. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

You're absolutely right. The German people actually ELECTED Hitler....

:)

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I agree. But we, as people, are not given a different choice.

We can easily not vote, but the majority, which is not that "smart" will vote.
    Indipendent parties never do well, because people are not used to them.

I agree, the Democraxy is messed up, and the capitalist system is extremely flaud... but we have nothing else.

If i will ever have the opportunity to change this, I would... but currently i do not, so I try to find the "best of the worst"...

9. osiris

osiris Senior Member

ya, brother, we all do what we have to do, what we can. but if there is hope for change, for the better, than it lies in those of us that are willing to point out those flaws inherent to the system. for, before they can be corrected, the system improved, the whole body of those within the system must recognize that they exist.

healthy back-and-forth, friend.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, but the people who run the system will never recognize those flaws... since that would mean that they would loose control, and a revolution would never happen.

We just have to survive, inform people...

Conversing with you is a pleasure :).

11. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Jessica Lynch came out and said that she was treated kindly, and with much respect at the Iraqi Hospital, she even went as far as to say the government coerced her to tell everyone the fake story making her look like a hero. Not only was she treated well in the iraqi hospital, the government also said she was firing bullets at them again and again as they kept coming towards her until they eventually took her away, the truth was that she was huddled up scared out of her mind, not firing any gun. I am not trying to make her look like a coward, if i was over there i would have done the same thing, war is hell, and i don't wanna kill anyone, just as the girl didn't want to have to kill people. This is obviously a propaghanda technique used by the government that didn't end up well for them.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

12. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

Hey, I am all for peace and love, but why should i respect a president who puts the economy in the dumps just to start a war with a country who poses no threat to us, or our way of life. Why should i respect a president who has obviously flat out lied to the american public, and will not admit it, nor will he stop lying to us as long as he is in office. Why should I show respect to a person who makes this country look like a bunch of stuck up assholes to the rest of the world. People are losing their jobs over this guy, should they respect him too? If the american public just automatically respected their president just because they are the president, we would never find out the truth, and people would be sitting around, believeing whatever the hell they say, and that is what the majority do already, and you see how ugly it can gets when the majority of the country don't question their government, and question their leaders (Holocaust Ring any bells?)...I advocate peace and love, so i am NOT about to overthrow the president in an armed revolution or anything like that, I would like to see bush PEACEFULLY step down from office, or ATLEAST peacefully leave the white house in 2004...

Peace and Love,
    Dan

13. Jaque Imo

Jaque Imo Up on The Lowdown

Maverick and sherrybobbins make me continue to have a negative faith in humanity.

14. Maverick83

Maverick83 Guest

It really shows.

Torture: Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion
    Rape: The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

There's a difference, though it's not much of one.

There's that shining maturity again.

We've liberated them, they're free of Saddam. They moved the Weapons to Syria(or another allied country, I can't remember which right now).

15. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

de·moc·ra·cy
    n

the free and equal right of every person to participate in a system of government, often practiced by electing representatives of the people by the people
    It is customary to respect the leaders of government, just to be a kind and respecting citizen. You don't have to agree with his politics, just try to respect him. I mean how else can we achieve peace? Not by bad mouthing people. What specifically did he do to you? Did he come to your house spout obscenities about you?
    Oh and if you belive in the whole heaven/hell/ God thing then you should know.
    "He who is without sin may cast the first stone."
    By the way, I love arguing about politics. It is fun. I am voting in the elections in November. Thank goodness I, a woman, live in a country where I am allowed to vote. Bet you love that Constitution.
    [peaceplease]

16. SharyBobbins

I didn't mean to ask you to stop questioning. That is what we should all do. I am just saying as one human being to another it is nice to respect each other.

[peace]

17. SharyBobbins

Thank goodness we have a system of Checks and Balances.

[peace]

18. SharyBobbins

John Kerry was also part of that org.

19. SharyBobbins

How so? I am all about the positive. I am kind towards others, except those who may attack my character.

[peace]

20. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Eh... I guess someone who watches Home Movies can't be all bad... hehe.

But to be honest, I think that the president of the United States, of all the people in the world, is the person that citizens of the U.S. should question, and even disrespect, the most. The foundation of a free democracy is based on the ability of the people to have a say in government, and if you just go along with what the people in power want to do, then you have no say in government. In reality, voting has very little power compared to freedom of speech.