POW torture could sink Bush's ship!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by jesuswasamonkey, May 8, 2004.

1. Maverick83

Maverick83 Guest

My favorite too. He's funny.

2. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Did you see him on Saturday Night Live? If he was that funny in 2000 he could have gotten elected. Well that's dimpled chads for ya.

3. Maverick83

Maverick83 Guest

I actually didn't. But just remembering his claim about the internet. That's a funny/stupid man.

4. LadyComet

LadyComet Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Down with the Bush Empire of the world!!!!! He should know history repeats itself.

5. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

Hi hello. It is a democracy, ya know with the whole checks and balance system and all that jazz. If you don't like it you can vote to change it.

6. osiris

osiris Senior Member

no. it is not a democracy. it is a capitalist hierarchy disguised as a democracy. in the ideal democracy, the people of the community vote on the issues at hand, not the sons of families who have been multi-millionaire industrial overlords for generations, with vested interests, to represent them on these issues. THINK ABOUT IT.

and you shouldn't be surprised that they are torturing p.o.w.'s. that's war, period. that is how EVERY military operates. stories of honor and glory and fair play are for history books, propaganda to fuel the enlistment sheets. anyone who's even been in a fistfight knows that it ain't how it's described in books and movies. it's brutal violence, escalated all the more in today's day and age by technology.

they fan the fires of racism and shoot these kids up with patriotism and send them over there with the twin towers massacre branded on their mind. what is to be expected? yes, there will be torture, rape, murder. it does not matter who is the prisoner of who, anywhere in the world, in any war.

bush didn't have anything to do with it? yes, he did. everything about this "war on terrorism" is far too convenient for his family and business partners for it not to have been readily orchestrated. i contend the twin towers were allowed to occur. history repeats itself. think pearl harbor, j.p. morgan and company, losing money to a britain about to get smashed by hitler. america doesn't want to lose any more of its sons and husbands after the many that didn't come back from the first world war. ROOSEVELT KNEW FOR A YEAR ABOUT PEARL HARBOR. he let it happen so he would lose his ass in the market. weve been trading oil with saddam for years, not to mention weapons(iran-contra anyone?). but why pay for it when you can just go in with guns and launder it? afghanistan was no different. those arabs with box-knives were CIA trained.

what do multi-million dollar oil barons and defense contractors care for lives lost in the middle east? on any side? do any of you really believe these men feel any compassion? and all you patriots: THEY ARE SELLING YOUR COUNTRY OUT FROM UNDER YOU, AND YOU APPLAUDE THEM! you will not get your social security, because they are using it to fund this war, just like johnson initially pulled from it to fund vietam. funny that they haven't stopped pulling from it since, don't you think? funny how gas prices go up because of "terrorism in the middle east" when there are so many oil wells RIGHT HERE IN THE U.S. untapped.

and who do you think owns them, huh?

wake up. please. fucking. wake. up.

much love :)

7. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

The thing is that this is not the actions of a few soldiers. The soldiers in the pictures were given orders to do what they did. And this wasn't just a one time thing, this had been going on for months.

Also, the pictures you have seen are only the tip of the iceberg, behind the scenes there are pics of soldiers raping, murdering, beating, electrocuting and torturing prisoners that make the pics you've seen look like just a wild night at a frat party.

No one's really sure yet where the orders came from, but one thing that's certain is that this is not just an isolated incident but a systematic torture system being used to extract information from prisoners.

This is fucked up beyond belief. We are over in Iraq supposedly spreading freedom and democracy, then we go and torture prisoners. It makes America look like a fascist country, and I would have to say that any country that censors the media, invades non-aggressive countries and tortures prisoners of war is fascist.

8. osiris

osiris Senior Member

i am poignantly reminded of George Orwell's Animal Farm.

fucking pigwalk, man.

9. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

don't you talk to me about maturity, you little brat, you're half my age. how DARE you even IMPLY that rape is not torture??? or that it is somehow "less" than torture?

webster's defines torture as: "1) the infliction of severe pain as a means of punishment or coercion. 2) pain or mental anguish" torture has been happening on BOTH sides. the difference, you misogynist, xenophobic little twit, is that WE invaded THEIR country under the excuse of LIES about weapons of mass destruction and fake promises about "liberation". torture is part of war, but that does not ever make it right. this is an unjust war, started under false pretenses. we are claiming to be the liberators, and we have randomly rounded up civillians, placed them in these prisons, and tossed the geneva convention out the window. we have committed war crimes, and this isn't the first time, nor will it be the last. it is not "just blowing off steam", it is rape and murder.

now go to your room, young man, and think about what you have said!

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

well... you have the whole Guatanamo Bay, which is based on the same theoretical turture system... but the world community still does not comment with it. In my opinion, this will all pass by the end of the week. The Bush administration is too strong to back down because of something like this.

The people who are a tad smarter can see that there is something behind all of that "prison fun"... but most people just stare at CNN and see those fotos that the Bush administration is "sorry" for.

I highly doubt that most people would start viewing the Bush administration as "evil" after this, or as "fascist". Not alot of people view Iraq as "non-aggressive to begine with.

Tourture itself is a highly common form of information extraction. I disagree with it.... but people have accepted it for the last couple of thousand years... i doubt that mere humantarian idealistic thinking will stop the US from getting the info they need.

11. Megara

Megara Banned

Iraq broke the cease-fire agreement...its just amazing this war didnt happen 6 years ago

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Well, it was a "cease-fire"... not anything else. Iraq did not directly attack US troops.

and anyhow...a Democrat would never enter Iraq.

13. Megara

Megara Banned

i think clinton would have, if he had the american peoples support..clinton was itchin for saddam more than bush was

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It would have seemed hypocritical from him, having a "peace-lovin'" Democrat campaign, and then just starting total war. It would have ruined any chances of Al Gore being elected in 2000.

The people would have not supported it, because it would be different from the general idea they get from Clinton. No Camp David praiser has started such a war lately.

All of Clinton's militrary operations (Lybia and such) were done under much secrecy at first, and with little media expolsure. The Columbine massacre got more media expolsure then the attacks.

Bush's war on Iraq was long expected. Clinton would have not been able to go for something like that. A hush-hush operation, even if he would have undertaken one, would have not gained him all the International support Bush is getting.

15. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"plausable deniability",I have no doubt that bush didn't know a thing about the way those prisoners were treated.He wasn't informed on purpose.I'll betcha a moon pie and an RC cola that rumsfeld was fully aware!Who's head(s)will roll?All you have to do is follow the chain of command.....UP.From the soldiers who did this to their superiors,then their superiors etc.

16. Angel_Headed_Hipster

Angel_Headed_Hipster Senior Member

I could see that...I could see the bush administration having their own agenda and using Bush as a puppet, im sure they told him straight up "You will get lots and lots of money, but just leave the plans to us...". I am sure Bush is still a heartless asshole, willing to end other's lives for his own personal gain, but i am sure there are lots of secrets kept from Bush from his own administration.

Peace and Love,
    Dan

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Secrets kept from Bush and from his own administration... by who...? Ze Zermans?

Bush is a media figuere... therefore, a puppet.

Yet, he is not a "heartless asshole"... He is much better then some other presidents the US has seen over the years. I find Lincoln and Johnson to be much greater murderes, they made thier own people go against each other.

18. osiris

osiris Senior Member

you forget, rubin, that during the civil war, the confederacy considered itself as distinct from the union, which was the real reason lincoln entered that war, so as not to have a split america. i imagine had the union not won the civil war, we would be having wars with the south much like iraq fought with iran. not that i am condoning war at all. but if you want to talk about what's fukt up in america, you might as well take it all the way back to the puritan abuse of native american hospitality and naivette.

and how are you judging bush's merit, by his outward reflections? doesn't it even remotely trouble you that a majority percentage of elected officials here in america, including the entire bush family, who hold office in two state's and in the white house, are member's of secret societies? should people who are to swear an oath to the public be allowed to be members of societies that swear them to oath of fealty punishable by death if trangsressed. hm. sounds fishy to me. damn fishy.

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Lincoln still brought the situation to war. I do agree though, the mistreatment of the natives was first to bring the shit uppon America.

I do not think that a person's involvement in a secret society has any effect on his ability to govern. How can you even prove that they have been in secret societies, i highly doubt that they keep records.

20. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i totally agree with you on that one