potheads i hate

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by juggla, Jan 20, 2005.

1. juggla

juggla Member

first let me say i smoke a bunch of weed but i hate people who smoke pot, and yet feel they have the right to judge people who use other drugs. I hear lots of bullshit like why would you use dxm, ketamine, xtc, lsd, when you can just get high, well heres why you dont halucinate on weed, you dont get dissacociated, these people are comparing apples and oranges. people use other different drugs cause each one has different effects. also its funny how some potheads while admitting the goverment lies and spreads propaganda about pot are willing to buy into propaganda about other substances.
    agree/disagree?

2. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

partially agree

3. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Yea I fully understand what you're saying. I do my best to be aware of whether my statements are those based on actual knowledge of a drug or just word of mouth. I do sometime slip up though. Alot of the kids who go to my school and smoke will sometimes say that dropping acid is retarded and it will make you insane, have flashbacks if you ever try it, and make you kill people or whatever and I tend to stand up for the drug even though I've never tried it. I'm the kind of person who likes to look into drugs before I try them. However you have to admit that there are some drugs that are far more intense than pot that have some serious risks to them.

4. PhluffHead 4

PhluffHead 4 Member

Partially agree as well. A lot of potheads who dont dabble into other drugs are for the most part uneducated on their effects, and fall back on the myths about them. "LSD burns holes in your brain", "if you take X you will get over hydrated and die" A couple of my friends did LSD the other week and were rambling on about how LSD will burn holes in your brain, and kill you if you take like 5 doses or some ridiculous shit.

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I agree partially too. Some drugs just aren't all that safe. Meth, cocaine, and heroin spring to mind. I don't agree that they should be BANNED but still, that doesn't make them safe. Not safe like marijuana is known to be.

and yeah, I like the one about "if you've done LSD 7 or more times, you're considered legally insane". How's that for lame? This is why we need better info, people find out how safe the supposedly dangerous drug marijuana is, then get distrustful and start thinking ALL the dangers of drugs are wrong This is when people get into trouble.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

some people who do weed but no other drug, do so because weed is cheap, easy to find, non addictive, and non toxic.

no drug fits this category except pot.

alchohol however is legal to buy and socially acceptable so most people dont think twice before drinkning.

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

but drug rumours really are the shittest thing for teh drug war. even people who smoke weed believe that it kills your braincells and stuff. (and if someone says 'well actually, carbon monoxide blablabla, i slap you in advance)

8. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Yea I can't really take my mom seriously when she talks to me about how Marijuana is a depressive and will only hurt my life when 3-4 nights a week she fills up a wine glass full of wine. If she drinks it responsibly I have no problem with it and if I smoke my marijuana responsibly then nor should she. But when she says I don't want you to smoke at all that's when she's most hypocritical.

9. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

for the most part, it's because of the varying degrees of social acceptance that different substances have. these change, of course, within each eschelon of society.

personally, i don't feel that alcohol and most hard drugs are things that i want to even touch. but generally, i won't judge those who do.

one thing i do hate is alcoholic teenagers who look down on "hippies" because they think they're somehow better, as alcohol is usually more socially acceptable.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

too right. as if someone whos drug makes them think less and not be able to control their bodies and vomit everywehre can pay out someone whos drug makes them think more, have amazing creative ability, sometimes control the body better, and find interest and humour in the blandest things.

11. Purple_Haze

Purple_Haze Member

/agree. I despise people who tend to be condenscending about the fact that i smoke weed ''nah, not my thing...i don't like drugs'' then the same night they drink ten beers and choke on the own vomit while i gently slip into another world...
    I guess all this has to do with popular conscience about drugs coming from the government's ''war against drugs'' started 30 years ago...The way i see it is that big alcohol brands are somerwhat tied with the government, for ex in the US where rich company owners have strong interests in governmental affairs and vice-versa. If weed is legalized thus recognized as an equally healthy drug as alcohol (even tho it's much healthier but this will take another 50 years...) than the market will change. The 18yo-30yo market will divide into two and thus alcoholic brands will lose some shares, money, and so will the government...

12. McJesus

McJesus Member

LSD is non-toxic and non-addictive, and cheaper than weed if you're in the right area.

13. lemonadejoanna

lemonadejoanna Member

the reason i am somewhat opposed to other drugs is because some of my best friends have gotten violently ill on X and lsd...i love them, so it was painful to watch them have severe seizures and then have to deal with legal consequences. other than smoke inhalation, mj poses no severe health risks, and, in my opinion, should be legalized moreso than alcohol.
    whatever people do in their own homes is their business, and i am not knocking them as people, and don't think others should, i just care about people's general safety. Use of these drugs, at least in my opinion, is a barrier towards the legalization of marijuana...but love to EVERYONE..be careful, babies!

14. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

i agree totally. especially about the propaganda part.
    lots of potheads are neive
    because they use the drug for the sole purpose of the high
    they dont see how other drugs like lsd shrooms dxm , will
    open your mind to new levels of conscienceness
    and other positives that have been mentioned so far
    Im only 15 but id say i have an addiction to weed
    so stoner bill your wrong about its not addictive , maybe no so phsyically
    but mentally/habitually ..
    but still the addiction is not bad at all
    i just go trhough weed and have to steal money from my parents which is
    the only negative along with depression and other sideeffects of long term use and daily use.
    But im against any pleasure drugs like cocaine , ketamine , xtc , or man made drugs. and opiates are fun but they are terrible with barbituates and
    heroin. So i can see why someone might not like those.
    but all mother earths drugs are acceptable by me. and just cuz a drug ( pill or something) has a natural active ingrediant to it but is mostly synthetic still falls under pleasure drug enless it expands your mind

15. McJesus

McJesus Member

A weed addiction can have physical effects. For instance, when I was smoking everyday during the summer I had to smoke or I'd have no appetite. I would also have a very hard time sleeping. A week without use usually equalizes my body again.

16. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

the ones who really annoy me are the oxy cotin poppin potheads...who talk about how bad drugs like lsd are. i guess ignorance is bliss though right? lol

17. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

true to a certain degree.

there are tonnes of musicians who have made their career with drugs, ie. Billy corgan of smashing pumpkins wrote a tonne of great songs influenced by acid, i've heard stories even that at times he would be so high on acid the words he would be writing, singing etc. would be just slurs of half words etc. lol

to lazy to elaborate on other side of it

18. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

i love all potheads :)

19. element7

element7 Random fool

Well, if someone brings up "Let's do some Heroin", I would be very vocal in disagreeing. Crazy thing is that the drug war and it's bullshit actually promote the use of harder drugs. Kid tries pot and finds out that what they said was a load of steaming fecal matter. Next thing you know they're like "Well, obviously that was bullshit" and figure that the rest is bs too. Next thing you know, the kids on H without a clue as to why their suddenly enslaved. Doing things they would not before.

20. jimi420

jimi420 Member

personally.. i am against drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and meth. Not because I'm ignorant, but because I've seen those drugs destroy too many lives. I think "the war on drugs" should be focused more on those drugs and much less on marijuana.