Potentiated Shrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by gnomefootlocker, Feb 9, 2009.

1. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

I have heard a lot of ways to potentiate shrooms. (vitamin C, Maoi,, etc) I want to know which ones are for REAL. From a conversation in the lsd threads, it sounds like maoi is the best way. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

2. nesta

nesta Banned

maoi.

other that that, combination with other things such as lsd, mdma, etc.

marijuana and tobacco, arguably.

vitamin c = stupid myth

3. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

and fasting before hand as well, right? im planning on taking it with lsd.

4. nesta

nesta Banned

fasting is a good idea. but it will not make the trip stronger.

however, it will allow for the onset to occur all together a little easier.

mushrooms in particular have one allegedly amazing means of potentiation which i have not tried and cannot vouch for, but people swear by it. depending on the method used, it can make 1g equivalent to roughly 5g, without any extra drugs.

however, the trip will be shorter. allegedly.

5. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

what is it?

6. nesta

nesta Banned

run searches on google and elsewhere for "lemon juice and magic mushrooms" or something along those lines. read all you can about it.

i remain skeptical, but people here, on shroomery, and a number of other sites have sworn it works.

7. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

I'm not sure what he's talking about but another way to make it stronger is to make a couple cups of tea out of it. It kicks in harder and faster (30 min-less sometimes) but at the same time- it is a much shorter trip, which is why I don't do it unless I have something important to do later

8. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

thanks for the replies. some people swear lemon juice, others think it bull. personally it sounds like a myth to me. i dont think i'll make tea (thanks for the suggestion though), because of the shorter trip (shrooms trips seem to short anyway). I guess ill just chew em like like usual.

9. nesta

nesta Banned

i've tried on mushroom tea innumerable times. it does not make it shorter - my trips last from 5-7 hours as a general rule. if it makes it shorter, its most likely to doing too little.

it is my primary means of taking mushrooms, bar none, my absolute favorite.

but it also doesnt make it stronger. it just makes the onset more rapid due to the body's ability to more easily absorb the tryptamines contained within the mushrooms (the fungal matter is hard to digest)

if anything, the heat of the water used in brewing tea will slightly decrease the potency. psilocin and psilocybin are not as finicky when it comes to temperature as LSD is, but still it is rather sensitive to heat.

10. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

i think i may still just chew them up. even though the taste isnt great i feel like thats the way mushrooms are supposed to be taken, seems more natural i guess. Course thats just me. If i take them with acid, do you think i should eat the shrooms and acid at the same time? or wait a little for the shrooms?

11. nesta

nesta Banned

i would drop about an hour or so before the mushrooms. but not too long before, because there should be some level of cross tolerance. tolerance to tryptamines is very shortlasting, but builds with incredible rapidity. i wouldnt wait more than an hour or two.

while the mushrooms are still acting they will potentiate each other, but imo it wouldnt be worth it. the thing i dislike about acid is the long, drawn out come down. if you add mushrooms to the mix, the first half of the trip will be a lot stronger, but this will just make the long come down seem even longer. but this is just speculation and preference here.

12. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

hmmm, interesting. i see what you mean. i usually have very rocky come-downs from acid also. so if i took the mushrooms write around the peak of the acid, the tolerance from the acid will make it so there is little affect from the shrooms?

13. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

maoi is definitely a great way to shroom... i took 1.5grams with passionflower extract and tripped surprisingly hard, there was noticeable potentiation. better mushrooms and a stronger maoi would probably be amazing :D

14. nesta

nesta Banned

i wouldnt say that. i don't know for sure. but probably the efficacy of the mushrooms would be decreased, yeah.

it seems the longer lasting the effects of the tryptamine, the longer lasting it's tolerance. thats why if you take another dose as soon as you come down from an acid trip, little to nothing will happen, yet you could potentially smoke DMT several times in one day.

15. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

so in your oppinion, is it worth it to take mushrooms with acid? or better to take them seperatley.

16. nesta

nesta Banned

having not tried them, i'd say if nothing else its a crapshoot. if taken at seperate times, cross tolerance may limit the efficacy of the mushrooms. if taken simultaneously, it may lead to a really long come down.

but a lot of people like the combination. if you take them together, you WILL trip harder.

but i'd personally take them seperately. if i wanted a stronger trip, i'd either take more acid with the acid or more mushrooms with the mushrooms.

17. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

ok thanks. i usually tend to not mix drugs anyway. mostly because i like feeling drugs "pure" by themselves. Thats why i hate mixing marijuana with psychedelics, it just makes the experience sort of foggy.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

i love herb when i'm tripping, but i never seem to feel stoned haha

but i wouldn't be averse to taking a small hit of salvia extract at the peak of the trip for a little added psychedelia.

also, if you get your dietary habits in good order for a little while prior to taking the mushrooms so that you can take an MAOi, mckenna said you can strongly enhance a mushroom trip for a short period of time by smoking syrian rue rather than ingesting orally, and thereby avoid a lot of the nausea and such, iirc. i've tried smoking the seeds, though, and its tough work, it tastes nasty and takes forever to burn them. if you try this, i'd suggest smoking a harmala extract instead, so you can get it done with in a few hits.

i think he suggested smoking just like 1.5g worth or something, but don't quote me on it.

19. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

ive had a hit of 10x salvia at the peak of an acid trip... VERY intense. For me at least, salvia hallucinations are never visual. i just sort of KNOW them, if that makes sense. it convinces my mind that they are there, but i dont SEE them exactly. But when taking on tap of acid, it was just like a normal salvia trip, but the hallucinations became visual. one of the most beautiful trips ive had. im thinking of trying passionflower tea maybe... do you think that could work since its pretty weak compared to syrian rue. and i guess to each his own on the weed thing. for me it makes me to i cant think on acid, of course thats acid, not shrooms, i can never think on shrooms, so maybe its a godd combo.

20. nesta

nesta Banned

salvia is one of the few drugs with which i've regularly had "visual" hallucinations

most drugs have required very large doses or very high quality stuff to get visuals.

i had visuals from some blotter i got from a very honorable individual as a gift through the mail.

i've had visuals from 2C-B and 2C-E, as well as DPT.

only 5g+ of mushrooms in the past have given me visuals.

but salvia definitely gives me "visuals"
    less than totally visual...but perceived as visuals, if that makes sense....idk....it's hard to describe.

lately though, i've had the feeling that i'm less hard headed in that sense than i used to be.

i bet next time i take a good dose of mushrooms, it will be fully psychedelic, so long as it's 3g or more

i've done like 10-12 HBWR seeds once and smoked some herb and some salvia, and that was just beautiful.

i intend to use it at some time with some mushrooms.