Pot smoking Assassins?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by anazasi, Jun 3, 2004.

?

Origin of 420?

1. California Police codes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. # of chemicals in a joint

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Students from San Raphael

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hitler's birthday

51 vote(s)
    81.0%
  1. anazasi

anazasi Member

Warning: Philosophical Content-Explicit Ideas-May offend those easily offended. The legend of the Hassan El Sabbah is not as famous as his garden. Sabbah was an entrepreneur of sorts using the assassin as a tool to gain political influence throughout the Middle East. He would use young men by making them smoke hash then allowing them to enter his garden of earthly delights. The young men were told they had entered paradise and would be expelled if they did not carry out Sabbah’s wishes, which were usually to kill someone of relative importance. This tale is not only a fictional look at Sabbah, but also a mind-altering look into America’s drug culture and the idea of paradise. Told by a stoner, set over a thousand years ago with an Arabian Nights feel to it, the story centers around Emir Abdullah-Harazins (Sabbah) and his infamous garden. It is the story of only one of his Hashishiyyins (Assassins).

http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?q3=T%252bkoYKBn7as%253d

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i read about that in my local newspaper. was gonna post about it, but was prolly too lazy. good job boy.

3. wenis

wenis Member

um, call me dumb but i don't really get it. this guy (who i have never heard of) would have men smoke hash and then enter his garden? and he then used them as assassins?

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

yup, pretty much. a group of people would smoke hash and then go kill people. i know i enjoy doing the same.

5. Enron

Enron Member

Ya, thats pretty much the same with me and my friends. Every 4:20 we go out, smoke hash and fuck up the neighbourhood with some M87 rifles.

6. Amerikaaa ya dig

Amerikaaa ya dig Member

I know what you guys may be saying: "Pot don't make me kill nobody!". And that's cool, I do agree. But dig this story man. The way the author develops the characters is pure genius. I've only read the free excerpt, so the rest could be less enjoyable, but from what I've read this is yet another wonderful piece of literary art that will make your brain smile. Give it a look: http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?q3=T%2bkoYKBn7as%3d

7. mafuman

mafuman Banned

I heard this story too. These assassins were also used against the Crusaders. The leaders basic MO was to show these kids 'paradise' and say 'see this is where you end up when you die; now go out there and kill so-and-so. Dont worry about getting killed or nothing cuz check out heaven boyz.'

In the end these guys were rubbed out by the mongols when they happened to execute some mongol emmisary sent on a peace mission.

On an unrelated sidenote: the muslim leader who ordered the execution of the emmisary was called Ibn Al Exlax and thats where the phrase 'smooth move exlax' came from.

word is bond

8. Tradere

Tradere Member

I have read this book...it kicks ass...it starts off in the desert...with this messenger who is supposed to deliver this message...but he doesn't know what it is...he later finds out that the message is tattoed on the top of his head. This is sure to be a cult classic.

9. anazasi

anazasi Member

"It's not that I'm not a thief...I just haven't found anything worth stealing."

--John Lennon

10. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Didn't Jimi Hendrix and some other rockstar die on April 20th?

11. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

no, Jimi Hendrix died on September 18. thats way off man.

12. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Bah, I don't know much about oldies man, just a bunch of bands and a bunch of songs.

13. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

the book sounds interesting i might look for it at a bookshop around my town.
    i love this band called " hassan i sabbah" wonder if they made the name to have relation to the guy in the book , or is this book newer cuz this band was an indie screamo or something band from the early 90's i think. or has the name hassan i sabbah and that legend been told before.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

I'm pretty sure I would have seen that in the Sun or Free Press ;)

<---The peg

15. Tradere

Tradere Member

No, not Jimmy Hendrix or Jim Morrison...but it is Hitler's birthday.

16. Tykn130

Tykn130 Member

I just know 420 means Blaze it and thats the time you blaze it. And its hitler brithday too

17. anazasi

anazasi Member

18. chris

chris Member

i read about those assasins in one of Robert Anton Wilson's books, probably prometheus rising

sabbah would slip something into a man's drink that made him fall asleep, as well as hashish and maybe various other drugs

when he passed out, he then later woke up in a garden with beautiful women and wonderful fruits

the women were whores who proceeded to do what htey were paid to do

in what the man in paradise ate, was something to make him pass out again, and he awoke back in normal reality

sabbah used this to convince people he could send them to heaven and back, and if someone died in his service they would permanently be in his heaven

thats what i remember reading, memory may be incorrect

19. granola.kiss

granola.kiss Member

Whats the story about the students?

xoxo
    cortnee

20. anazasi

anazasi Member

The story with the students is sort of a lead in... to the main story about the assassins