pot laws in BC

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by ayahuasca, Jun 11, 2006.

1. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

so i heard that having a personal amount of pot on you won't get you arrested. but is it illegal to smoke in public places? i wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this or not.

2. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

most places around canada I dotn think they give to much of a shit when it comes to personal amounts, its the big grow ops they like to hunt. I heard the Legalizing vote was 49% this year! THAT CLOSE!!! hahaha oh well theres a hole generation of potheads turning 18 this year or next.

3. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

hah, yeah totally. and i'm pretty sure the majority of people, especially around BC, don't care if someone is smoking a joint in public. i went to the beach yesterday, and i saw this old hippie man smoking a doobie. it was sweet. :D

4. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

hahaha ya BC has so many pot heads its almost unbelievable, theres dope everywhere. I wouldnt be suprised if most of the dope in canada came from BC primarily.

5. neongreen

neongreen Member

does BC stand for something? and what part of canada is BC located?

6. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

BC stands for British Columbia, and it's the most westernmost province in Canada that also borders the USA. Pot isn't legal in BC by a long shot - in most parts of BC, it's pretty socially acceptable to smoke, but it's not like you can't get charged for it. Canadian provinces don't have the same level of autonomy as US states, so the policies in Canada don't vary as much from province to province as they do in the states. There's lots of stories about Vancouver, and the public places people smoke at there, but not all of BC is like that, that's for sure. No one really has a problem with people smoking weed, but it's not legal. The cops usually leave it alone in search of bigger problems.

In fact, I noticed in our paper today they had a big article on drug addiction, and specifically that pot and alcohol addictions are overlooked by lots of organizations that are dealing with worse drugs (meth, etc)... and that they want to crack down on weed more. But that's just an article. I think Stephen Harper even made a speech a little while ago saying that he was gonna get more serious about pot. Oh well.

But to answer the thread, BC is socially relaxed about pot, but there's still plenty of drug busts and a few anti-marijuana authority figures. This is, of course, all speaking from my point of view in K-town.

7. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

so, i got suspended from school for smoking pot today. that's so lame, there's not even a week left. now how am i supposed to buy ganja? :( and i'm grounded too, cause my parents are way too into it.

8. peaceloveandshrooms

peaceloveandshrooms Member

One of my friends just got arrested for alcohol possession and he can't graduate with us AND his parents aren't letting him go to college anymore. He was supposed to go the same school as me! Lamest thing ever! Why does a thing like that have to completely eff up your life? I don't understand...

9. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

it's ridiculous.