Pot doesnt help with pain

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 2, 2018.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I used to have migraine headaches whenever I was stressed out.
    Cannabis helped alleviate the headache pain.

But it never did anything for other physical pains.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think if I have a headache weed gives me more of a headache. I think weed has a habit of dehydrating me.

3. sae68

sae68 Members

I smoked a lot of weed as a youngster but stopped for 20 odd years.Recently after a chat about my tendonitis with a friend and the pain it was causing me he suggested i share a pipe with him.Wow did it help.Now i smoke with him 3/4 times a week and for those few hours i'm truly pain free.
    Placebo or not,who cares! If it helps it helps.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In my experience alcohol does not help as good with hangovers as pot. It may help on a multiple day festival to get 'up and going' again :p but on a quiet hangover day at home (sundays most of the time)? Not for me!

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

When I broke my leg I had a cast. As anyone knows you can get some serious itching in unscratchable areas. When I smoked the itching turned to tingling. I don't know if that was pain relief but it was relief.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

cbd isolate contains no thc. none, zero, zilch..

rollingalong and sae68 like this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Not sure why getting a buzz while fighting pain is a bad thing.. Lol.

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, CBD by itself has no THC. But there are strains of pot high in CBD that have THC as well. Typical is about 20% CBD and 1% - 6% THC. You'd need to take several tokes to get stoned, but if you're happy with the pain relief and a nice buzz then you're good to go.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

your experience is wrong.

but seriously, i agree that it's not always the best solution. but in my experience, it is the solution that always leads to the least hangover symptoms. so if you drink too much on saturday night, you can have a quiet hangover sunday without it and eventually feel better, but you could also start drinking first thing sunday morning and have no hangover at all. you'll just end up acting an ass later on sunday, and then feel just as bad monday as you would have normally on sunday.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

None of the usual hangover preventatives work for me. I usually chug a bunch of water and eat a midnight meal after a night of drinking and still wake up with a hangover

But the last time I had a few beers I took an allergy pill with them and woke up with no hangover. Allergy, confirmed

11. Asmodean

If i drank enough to have a hangover I just can't eat before sleeping. Same with the water drinking which I know works... if it doesn't disturb your sleep and/or stomach which it always does here. I rather crash than trying to get a liter of water in me which wakes me up a few hours later..

I actually have a whole next day routine of dealing comfortably with a hangover of which no step should be missed. But i most often prefer moderation these days. A couple too many at the most. Not a dozen :p

rollingalong likes this.
  12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well dont leave us hanging, whats your next day routine? Step by step

rollingalong likes this.
  13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

hey can you drunks stick with the topic lol....we are talkin' weed here....not morning shots for the hopeless haha

after the pills and booze y'all can use cannabis to get through the hangovers and the withdrawals :)

beachbum86, Tyrsonswood and Meliai like this.
  14. Asmodean

Well didnt want to repeat myself as I did share it on here before. It involves 1) a proper sleep, then 2) showering, 3) coffee and a bite to eat if possible in order to go 4) nr. 2 (one of the most important steps imo to not remain with that half dead feeling), 5) hydration and 6) some weed.

Depending on how demolished i feel i switch up a few steps. Like sometimes its better to start with water and coffee and stabilize the belly :p

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ah okay, the usual. I always have to start with weed myself, usually at like 6 am because I cant sleep well after a night of drinking...then i get an hour or two of good sleep and wake up again and drink all the coffee and try to work up the energy to make breakfast, then a shower, then sunshine and i'm usually good by then. If its really bad I just skip every step but the weed and lie on the couch and try not to throw up. But i havent drank enough to be that hungover in a long time

16. Asmodean

I never booze without pot so crashing into a deep recovering sleep is usually easy for me :p

Recognizable, with and without the weed (vague memory though, thanks to my routine!). But the instabile belly ruins the whole afternoon so in that state i know i should get something started (getting rid of the beer poop) to which several steps are dedicated :)

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Meliai likes this.
  19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Correct it doesn't help with pain so....................

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I remember I think Aeri had that coffee photo as her signature many years ago lol.