Pot doesnt help with pain

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I did my shoulder in, some oxycontin, codeine and a good bong rip literally erased all pain from my body I was amazed. Here I was 2 days out from having my shoulder nailed together with 3 plates, the 4 broken ribs, broken arm and wrist and I could move it all with no pain. Of course I didn't try to move it, maybe once just to see. Nope nothing.

I then went on to experiment later when I was healing smoking the weed with the oxy. Some of the best highs of my life. :D

2. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

If the people feel it helps them, then let them do it.

Meliai likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think we need to focus on whats really important here, and that is that pot helps hangovers better than anything

rollingalong likes this.
  4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's been a few years since I've studied this stuff but it's probably both, there is a definite physical component to pain, we have neurons called nociceptors which send signals to the brain to alert about the presence of painful stimuli and have an endogenous opioid system to provide pain relief. So this probably corresponds to why some people seemingly delay their pain response in a significant injury, like by either going into shock or saying they don't really feel the pain until the following day. (This is an extremely simplified explanation of such phenomena for the sake of illustration, there is other unrelated activity going on like fight or flight in such instances)

So the pharmacology of Opioid drugs activate these specific receptors that diminish/block pain.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Pot and fatty food. And I guess hydration too... meh :D

Meliai likes this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Aspirin and water before going to bed prevents hangovers all together.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

So does drinking responsibly..

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

For me aspirin and water helps the headaches but not the nausea. Thats where a nice wake and bake comes in handy

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Man, I hated that oxy shit I was given after a serious operation. Panic attacks, nightmares and general unease. It fixed the pain alright--but looking back --I'd rather have had the pain---I think.
    I'm not sure exactly sure how weed helps me with back pain---probably doesn't block it---but it makes me FORGET the pain by my having such a good time listening to my mind run through funny stuff.

Orison likes this.
  11. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, that stuff is evil. I don't know how people take that recreationally. I did not like the way it made me feel--hyper and sleepy simultaneously, relaxed but with a rapid heartbeat, cold sweats, odd dreams, anxiety.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's the best.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I've wondered the same thing exactly...how can it be so damn overwhelming...truly! It can overwhelm me to the point of I can't think of anything else! But the weed helps me get my mind on other stuff...it becomes more background than Total Foreground. lol

And yet a fucking pill can basically take that pain away?? WHAT?!

Yeah...what the hell is pain...when it isn't signaling terminal something or great sickness? Is that what pain is? Telling me we have a problem where we hurt?

good grief :rolleyes:

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Pain is weird.

My shoulder pain hits me in like 3 different spots around my shoulder. I couldnt begin to pinpoint where the root of the pain begins

15. egger

egger Member

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why not just take CBD oil, which is legal even in Oklahoma?

17. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've done that. I'll stick with ibuprofen, it's less expensive. Besides, weed that's high in CBD has some THC, so while you're fighting pain you get a nice buzz.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

technically, more alcohol helps hangovers better than anything.

pot is probably second though, at least out of the remedies that i've tried.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

2x asperin and a powerade before bed.
    2x bong hits on wake up. :D

Afterglow in full effect. Rub one out too.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

[​IMG]