Post-vasectomy Sex Drive

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Post-apocalyptic Pete, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Post-apocalyptic Pete

Post-apocalyptic Pete Members

A question for men who have had a vasectomy!

Has your sex drive changed post-vasectomy, and if so for the better or the worse?

I had a vasectomy 5 years ago after our eldest was born. My wife and I were convinced that 3 kids was enough and after looking at it, a vasectomy was the most logical choice (My wife wanted to permanently come off the pill, female sterilisation is more disruptive than a vasectomy, neither of us like condoms)

My sex drive is noticeably higher post-vasectomy. This could be due to a few things (The kids being older and requiring less constant care for one thing) but it is an interesting (and welcome) development.

Your observations?

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. Slacker Of Krypton

Slacker Of Krypton Senior Member

That was back a few years but as I recall, I didn't notice a change. I had a high sex drive before and after.
    It may be partly psychological in that you don't have to worry about another pregnancy and can cut loose?

3. Post-apocalyptic Pete

I do think there is something in that theory SoK; the removal of that risk allows us to cut loose.

jj07 and Captain Scarlet like this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Interesting topic.

I do think one gets their sex drive back once the kids are of a certain age and do more things independently regardless of having a vasectomy . This then leaves more time to spend with each other . Its probably at the time we became more experimental and spiced things up somewhat . We introduced roleplaying and never looked back since as it brings a real fun element into the bedroom .

5. Post-apocalyptic Pete

The kids being older is definitely a factor; we had ours quite close together, so at one point there were two under 2s in the house at the same time; there was barely any time for anything, my wife and I were both so tired!

6. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I remember my sex drive being stronger, probably because my wife was happy to be off the pill and glad to have more exciting sex. She made my sex drive amp up a bit.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Once I got over the surprisingly long-lasting sensation of having just received a high-velocity Doc Martins straight to the balls, it was about the same as before. Never regretted it though.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Post-apocalyptic Pete likes this.
  8. Post-apocalyptic Pete

Yeah, it stings rather a bit doesn't it? My Dad drove me to mine (Wife was at home with the kids) and he took the mickey all the way there and back! Silly old bugger...

Don't regret mine either, for the reasons I listed above.

9. littlepenis

littlepenis Members

I did not notice any difference, no more or no less

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I drove myself home...from Atlanta. Got pulled over, cop noticed I was standing on the floorboards. He took pity on me, and let me get home to my percocets and ice packs.

11. jj07

jj07 Members

Too bad he didn’t suck you off to rid you of some live sperm! Back the Blue!

12. Python 8

Python 8 Members

I never noticed any change after mine . When it was time to take in a sample afterwards for them to test I picked my wife up from work for lunch . I drove around with her sucking me off until I came into a container . When I handed the nurse a warm cup of sperm I thought I noticed a look on her face .

But then again it was probably just wishful thinking .

Mirsman and jj07 like this.
  13. jj07

jj07 Members

Funny!

14. Modasflower

Modasflower Members

I’m booked in to have it done at the end of the month. Will report back after.

Kev627 likes this.
  15. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Without the need for birth control, wouldn't your female partner be more willing more often? Vasectomy means one less downside with sex. Actually, accidental pregnancy was the ONLY downside.

6Sailor9 likes this.
  16. jj07

jj07 Members

In Theory!

Angela36 likes this.
  17. Maturemale

Maturemale Members

I had my Vasectomy when i younger , in 1980, and since this did not have to worry about getting my ex wife pregnant again

18. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

vasectomy never affected anything except the forced abstinence and the pain right after
    but it left the testicles more tender

19. jj07

jj07 Members

Forced abstinence? Blowjobs for several months!
    Balls are sensitive afterward for a week or two..

20. Andy Schumer

Andy Schumer Members

It was VERY tender for a good while, I didn't even want to do anything sexual.
    First thing that happened after 3 weeks was a handjob. HUGE load, but HUGE pain. It took a few slow runs to get back to normal