post office

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by thedude21, May 31, 2007.

1. thedude21

thedude21 Member

So as it turns out i will be working for the us postal service. usually im not a heavy smoker, but it is a nice change of pace in life. so i guess my question of the day is, has any one worked previously with the post office or the feds in any form, and does anyone know how often random tests occur?

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Probably often, being a federal job and whatnot.

3. thedude21

thedude21 Member

Ya i think that was my take.. i have heard the opposit too though

4. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

my friends mom works at a post office and she was telling em about some guy as she put it "is on drugs" and he still works there. Although she said he got clean too.

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

It may depend on your performance and whether or not they think you're stoned or have been getting stoned.

6. thedude21

thedude21 Member

ya. its a summer thing, im gonna do a few routes a week so its not even like im a full time employee...

7. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

if its only a summer job, i can't see them random drug testing you often or even at all
    its probably the long-time employees they really worry about

8. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

Buy a whizzinator!

9. s0ma

s0ma Member

I don't think they occur very often. At least not in the thirty years a certain mailman I know has been a mailman.

10. GrapeKrush

GrapeKrush Member

I work for the canadian post office/system and have been for a while, they have yet to actually test me. A lady I was working for takes the weed she can smell outta the packages and cooks with it.

11. thedude21

thedude21 Member

from what i gather, there are several ppl who smoke pot and work for the usps. i have training next week where they test. so i think i wont smoke till after that. the one i actually work at is across town, like an hours drive or so from where the med center is. id be surprised if they actually sent me back for a retest.

12. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I do not know about drug testing regarding working for the post office but the USPS is the best way to *transport* small amounts of drugs and that technically includes smuggling not that I would suggest that anyone partake in trafficking illegal substances however "A letter with a stamp on it cannot be opened without a warrant...[however] do not use private carriers like UPS or FedEx; they reserve the right to open all packages, watch mailed videos on high speed, do whatever they please because they are not the U.S. Postal Service... [and they tend to] cooperate extensively with US Customs, moreso than the US Postal Service does."