Possible draft?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by user__friendly, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Real American

Real American Banned

This was stated on another post. Please use this information you say you have. Age does play a huge part. For a long while your beliefs are that of your parents. Hence why a child in a catholic family becomes catholic. A child in a democratic family becomes a democrat.

I have not teased anyone. I have had a discusion with inteligent people on this forum. Wich I might add is the sole purpose of forums.

This is sad to me. You just said that you know your information and that I shouldn't judge a person by his or her age. Did you know that the Gulf War took place in 1990? Did you know that Iraq attacked Kuwait for reaons of "they are upsetting our income"(that's a reference to the fact that Kuwait was selling mass amounts of oil at the time, and Saddam Hussein didn't like that). Article 51 of the UN Charter entitles a country to support an ally. Kuwait was an ally of ours. On November 29, 1990 UN Security Council authorized use of "all means necessary" to eject Iraq from Kuwait.http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gulf/cron/

Now you are trying to say that our current president did nothing to try to stop Hussein. Are you crazy? After the Gulf War it was handed over to the UN to finnish it. Their sanctions did not work. For 12 years the peacful rout was tried. 12 years, you were 2 when it started, and during your growing up it was being dealt with peacfully. Peacful didn't work. From now on, if you want to bring a point to the table, please do it with information to back it up.

Guess what, the way things are looking http://www.homelandsecurityus.net/ you may not have a future. These people hate us for everything we stand for. More over they hate us because we are not Muslim. It doesn't matter if you want peace or not. When it comes down to it, they will kill you reguardless.

I'm sorry if the truth comes off as hurtfull to you. The main idea of this particular thread is the draft. In my opinion, if you aren't willing to serve your country, willing to fight for freedom(be it yours or someone elses) then you need to find a new home.

alice_d_millionaire: What's with the K's in your spelling of America? So you do that just to draw attention to yourself? Or is there a meaning behind it?

2. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I feel I can do a lot at home. I'm running my own music teaching business right now, and I wouldn't want to leave it for getting killed. I'm bringing a little bit of happiness and joy into the lives of my students. I would rather do that, have to kill an Arabic person, just because Bush told me to.

3. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

Wow - I love it. You are an inellegant, productive young person, sticking up for your right to be treated equally! It's beautiful!

Peaople don't see it as being prejudice, they're just kids, they don't have real feelings, and certainly don't have opinions of their own! Ha!

It's just so good a refreshing to see!

Peace to you, MB!

4. MichaelByrd1967

You said earlier that you were raised by hippie musicians?

My parents were of the Punk Crowd. My dad was guitarist and bassist in a punk band, and my mom was a groupie.;)

Funny how things turn out.

5. Real American

Real American Banned

Well, you are safe, you are only 16 so no draft for you. I would like to ask you this though, If our nation comes under attack this summer in multiple places at the same time and you are asked to help defend your town or area, will you?

P.S. Also, that wasn't much of a reply after I posted? I was expecting more of a come back....

6. MichaelByrd1967

I would help my town, but I feel that I don't have to be involved in something that I don't believe in. But if it affected me directly, like at home, I would.

And the reason why I worry, is that the date that Bush set for the enactment of his 'possible draft' is in June 18, 2005 (i'm not exactly sure of the exact date), which is right around my 18th birthday, so I should worry.:mad:

P.S. And the reason why I didn't respond with a big comeback after your rebuttal, is because I didn't read much of it. I didn't care.:p

7. GOB1029

GOB1029 Member

dude, what is with you? you sound like you WANT to argue with people, like you want people to get mad at you! i don't understand... also, just out of curiosity, how old are you? if you don't mind me asking

8. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

RA, he's 16, almost 17. Couldn't you do the math from what he said in his post, or did you only hear the parts that you wanted to hear? BTW, some poster (MichaelByrd1967 being among them) have their age posted along with the date the signed up, user name, lacation, and number of posts. ;)

9. MichaelByrd1967

Still I'm trying figure out why Real American wanted a bigger rebuttal from me. Was he trying to prove some sort of sick-twisted point?

10. Real American

Real American Banned

Very selfish, doesn't sound like a person that loves everyone.

Then why post anything at all?

I am not the one who started this thread. I read it and felt moved to reply. That my friend is the point of forums. To talk. I don't WANT to argue with anyone. However, when someone makes comments like he did, showing that he was totaly uneducated in what he was talking about, I had to correct him. Also, I don't mind you asking my age, I'm 27.

Yes Miss. Smart Ass. I can do the math. No I did not look up his personal information. I saw that he was 16 now in the year 2004. Meaning he would be 17 in the year 2005. From that logic he wouldn't have to worry about it. But seriously, it's ok, I realy don't want a person that cares only for himself to have the responsability of covering my back.

No, I wanted an intelectual conversation between two people with differing opinions. It's like playing chess, you never play someone with the same skill as you or worse, always play harder because you will then get better!

11. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

Ahem, that's Mrs. Smart Ass to you son! ;)

12. MichaelByrd1967

I'm not selfish, how dare you assume anything, but I'm saying that I would rather help the world in a non-violent manner than a violent one. Why would I want to cover your ass anyway? You don't deserve it.

And I know that you're only trying to have an intellegent conversation, but it sound's like it's fueled by anger, no offense.

And I do know my information. The reply about the Michael Moore film "Canadian Bacon" was complete sarcasm, but I still don't support Bush. Do you support Bush?

And I turn 17, next week. So I would be 18 when the 'possible draft' is enacted in June, 2005. I support our soldiers, because I think that they shouldn't have to be killed.

Oh, It's not right to call anybody Smart Ass.

13. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

Awe, thanks for sticking up for me, MichaelByrd1967!

14. GOB1029

GOB1029 Member

now, i'm not sticking up for real american, but, hopefully you would save anyone's life simply because it's a life.

15. MichaelByrd1967

Of course I would. Any life is worth saving. But I'm only saying that out of anger for Real American's assholeness (if that's even a word).

16. Republican

Republican Banned

Its because they started it.. We dont instagate they do.. The terrorism has been there for years..
    only because they see us as Unmoral.. they see us as greedy and absesed with sex and money... There is truth in that and we are attached to our posesions.. but the truth is the leaders (who commonly dont belive) corrupt their good religion to make it just to attack us.. they also target us because they think if we are brought to our knees that nothing can stop them and they can rule the world.. the people and the religion are twisted for unjust means..

Im not gonna start the chemical weapons debate.. but saddam was our problem cuz Bush Sr. and Clinton screwed up and couldn't do it themselves.. Its there fult were in this.. not Jr's Ill even admit Sr. screwed up.. so did Clinton.. The weapons were just a secondary reason and not because of lies but old Intell.. the weapons were in france.. and germany... but I dont acuse them I think they were used because they want peace.. I dont like france or germany but I dont think they tried to hide em.. but aneyway..

millionaire are you your mothers only son? If so you cant be drafted..

rember he has the same rights as you do the first amendment and all alow him to say and feal how he wants with in reason.. and he is well w/ in reason.. as a Leftist im shure you like your first amendemnts rights while bush is president.. well rember he has them too.. and he can defend himself..

but R.A. dont call people smart ass' let others sink dont sink to that level.. you are smart enough to find actual ways to debate him and not call names..

17. Real American

Real American Banned

I didn't assume anything about you, you said it yourself right there.

Well, I will fight for you then.

No, it's fueld by disgust at the cowerdice I see before me. From what I can tell, you and many others here take your freedom for granted. Way before our time men gave up their lives so we could have freedom. They didn't know who we were. They couldn't see the future. They just knew that we as humans have freedom. We are born with it. They faught against those that would take it away. Well reguardles if you want to be a coward or not, men and women are fighting for that freedom today. Not just for the Iraqi's freedom, but for our own. If you can't see that, then you are just uneducated and blind.

Hypocrite.

I don't think they understand just how long this problem has been there. I think they believe it just started with former Pres. Bush.

I didn't sink anywhere. Call it sarcastic, call it smart ass, either way, thats what lunar forest was doing. Besides....
    Lunar Forest admited it.

18. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

RA, I didn't admit anything. I was correcting your titling me. You said "miss smart ass" I corrected you on the title, I am a married women, therefore I am to be reffered to as "Mrs." as opposed to "Miss." Do you follow me? Obviousely I am not calling myself a "smart ass," as there is nothing smart about my ass. Cute, maybe, but there is certainly nothing intelegant about my behind, but thank you for the complement.

I also reffered to you as "son" and you are certainly not my son! No sir! My son would question his "athorities" far more than you! It was sarcasim, perhaps you are formilure with it?

Oh yeah, you still haven't actually answered the question as to why you came to a hippie online comunity when you make no claims to be a hippie, or have any similure beliefes.

19. MichaelByrd1967

Of course you didn't even look at my apology, so you only look at the negatives. You are trying to prove a point. And I'm not a hypocrite, the reason why I said that isn't right to call someone Smartass, is because, it's a lie. Lunar Forest isn't a smart ass, but you are definitely and asshole, and that's the truth.

And yes, I know that there were men in the past, that fought for theirs and our freedoms and many died for us, I having 2 great uncles that perished in WWII. But I feel that I do not have to fight for freedom. In this crazy world, freedom doesn't exist, because of tyrannicals like Bush, Sadaam, etc. The fact is that I don't believe in war. I don't like to handle a gun or any kind of weapon. And if that makes me a terrible person in you're eyes, then Real American you should rethink your life.

The reason why I think that this an unjust war, is that war could've been avoided if Sadaam wasn't so full of himself, and gave up. Instead, because of his maniacal egocentricism, over 800 American and British lives have been lost now. The war is clearly Sadaam's fault, but even if so, there could've been many more ways to avoid it. But now from the looks of it, Bush is using that to his advantage, to try and get re-elected, so he could institute his 'draft'. And that is completely opinion. You can support Bush all that you want, but I'd rather vote for Kerry, than support somebody who can't even spell his own name (and that is just an opinionated insult. NO FACT BEHIND IT!!!)

And Real American, you gotta figure out when I'm using sarcasm, facts, and opinions, because you are completely misinterpreting the things that I post.

20. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©